The scoop on 'One Green World (Northwoods Nursery)'

One Green World (Northwoods Nursery)

28696 South Cramer Road
Molalla, Oregon 97038-8576 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-353-4028 (orde
Fax: 1-800-418-9983

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive wildforager
Sheboygan, WI
November 23, 2014
In spring of 2014 I ordered $1200 worth of wholesale plants from Northwoods Nursery. I was completely satisfied with the package when it arrived. All plants were healthy, well packed and moist. They were a couple tags short on one bundle of trees. I called and they sent out more tags.

This experience matches my other experience with OGW. I had ordered a few plants from their retail side. Wonderful plants, great service.
Negative Gardenest
Salisbury, MD
September 6, 2014
Before buying, BE SURE to try and call them on the phone or contact them by email... so that you can see their customer service BEFORE they have your money.

I placed an order for a bunch of plants and paid them online. Having received nothing beyond the confirmation email (no plants, no ETA, no nothing...), I called them and left messages multiple times. I've also sent multiple emails.

So far, I've been totally unable to get anyone to either answer the phone or respond to my voicemails and emails. Now, I've got to go through the headaches of canceling the payment through Visa...

What a headache.

To the company: If you are so busy that you cannot mail the plants, respond to emails and voicemails from customers who have already paid you, or even answer the phone, then STOP TAKING ORDERS UNTIL YOU ARE CAUGHT UP.

To potential customers: Before sending them your money, see if you can get past their voicemail-hell.

Neutral rayerne
Newfane, VT
July 9, 2014
Posted on June 20, 2014, updated July 9, 2014
Right now I am finding they do not respond to either phone or emails so I'm trending towards negative for these guys. I will still give it one chance as so many gardeners said they can, for certain plants, be good, and they have some unique plants.
On July 9th, 2014, rayerne added the following:

Hm. Well they ended up refunding my whole order and effectively canceling it. I am so confused by their customer service I will not give it a negative but I've found nurseries closer to me with a more professional website.
Positive joeyardguy
Southlake, TX
May 29, 2014
I ordered two Pawpaws from them. I ordered by phone since it was close to the end of the shipping season. I thought the customer service was great.. I received both plants in good condition. I would order from onegreenworld again.
Positive yellow_thumb
Chalco, NE
May 11, 2014
I ordered 3 honeyberry plants earlier this spring from One Green World and 3 from another nursery. The ones from One Green World were much, much better than the others and at the same price. They were obviously more mature and had excellent root systems.

I also had a very bad wreck with some cold hardy kiwi from another nursery (all died from lack of roots, looked like they had been pulled by hand from hard dirt). So after being so impressed with the honeyberries, I ordered 6 cold hardy kiwi plants from One Green World and they are amazing!!! I'm not talking just a little nicer or just so so - I mean WOW. Just like the honeyberries they are way more mature with excellent root structure.

Last but not least was the shipping - I've ordered over a hundred various trees and plants over the last several years and One Green World's shipping is second to none.

As a rule of thumb, I do not go back and leave feedback for things I buy but I was so impressed and pleased with what I received this spring that I just wanted to let others know.
Negative merrydancer
Vancouver, WA
March 29, 2014
Quite a few years ago bought a "comice" pear. (It was the only pear I bought that year.) figured out a few years later that is was definitely NOT a comice. Guessing it is a barlett. hmmm... this matches what another reviewer said about just changing tags if a customer wants what they don't have.
Negative olderfarmer
June 21, 2013
Their customer service is terrible. I informed them of a problem in May, and a month later no action has been taken. My emails haven't been returned, and they've taken no responsibility at all. I read aloud to the head of customer service a part of the guarantee they have printed in their catalog. It says "We will work with you to resolve any problems as quickly as possible." If only this were true.
Positive scud42
Blackfoot, ID
June 11, 2013
Ordered 2 apple trees from this company for the first time this year. Products shipped quickly and came in great condition. They have a great selection of hard to find varieties, and their location in the Pacific Northwest was great for us since we live in Idaho.

Most nurseries we've ordered from on the East Coast would take 4 to 5 business days which means the order ended up sitting in UPS' warehouse for a few days for the weekend.

OGW's products came prompt and healthy.
Positive joebvet
MOUTH OF WILSON, VA (Zone 6b)
June 10, 2013
I placed an order Winter 2012 for hard to find trees such as Mt. Ash, Medlar, Raisin tree, and Chilean wintergreen. I was nervous about placing a larger order due to other's negative experiences. The first three on the list were bare root, but good size, and have been doing well since in the ground, with the medlar getting ready to produce fruit this year. The Chilean wintergreen died the first summer due to my selection of poor placement so it did not get enough water. The raisin tree did well, so I thought, but did not green out this spring, I suspect it was not as cold hardy as made out to be. Plants all arrived in good size and health, and I would order from them again for hard to find varieties, but would hesitate to plant a raisin tree in zone 6.
Neutral ilovegarden2013
Great Falls, VA
June 7, 2013
Posted on May 30, 2013, updated June 7, 2013
Posted on May 29, 2013, updated May 30, 2013
I have very bad experiences with this nursery-One Green World. I ordered five fruit trees from them last fall. The package was arrived in the spring of 2013. First I was so surprised about the small size of their Seaberry. I ordered one male and one female. We planted them the next day we received. But the female seaberry never came to live- One Green World shipped a dead tree to me. Besides, the hawthorn tree I ordered from them soon got brown spots on the leaves. I brought the leaves and checked with our local nursery and was told the plant has fungus problem. Then I contacted the customer service of One Green World. It is a horrible experience to deal with them, especially when you got the problems with their plants. I was told to wait for 7-10 days. But 20 days passed, no answer. When I call them again, the man told me I still have to wait for 7-10 days. He was very rude. I have a bad feeling that they are not going to get back to me ever.
I ordered over 60 trees from several different nurseries. I had problems with 2 trees from another nursery. They are nice and responsible. One Green World is the worst! BEWARE ABOUT ONE GREEN WORLD. THEY DO NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCTS. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN IF THERE IS PROBLEM WITH THEIR PLANT.
On May 30th, 2013, ilovegarden2013 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

On June 7th, 2013, ilovegarden2013 added the following:

Follow up to my above comments to One Green World. They finally ship the female seaberry to me. It looks completely different from the one I got before.
The one they shipped to me this time is a nice plant about 2' tall. It is not like the first one we got which is only 6" high and single branch plus, dead.
I should correct my above comment: One Green World did back their product. It just took a bit longer.
Neutral Miller13
Nibley, UT
May 20, 2013
I had a similar experience with this company as the previous reviewer. My order was supposed to ship the week of April 15. For the next two weeks they kept giving me a run around: "your order is being prepared for shipping and will ship today or tomorrow". Apparently, their ordering department has no idea what is happening at the shipping department and they simply tell you whatever comes to their minds. Finally someone I talked to on the phone called their shipping department and informed me that my order was ready except for one grape that was not ready to ship yet. It was supposed to be ready next week (i don't really know how that's possible) but i was told that if i canceled the grape my order would ship that same day. I canceled and it was indeed shipped that day.

So, I give them a negative for customer service and positive for plants: everything i received was alive and had good roots. However, i will stay away from them in the future because of their customer service and the fact that they don't have any decent warranty. 10 business days is a joke.
Negative MattGibby
Roy, UT
April 24, 2013
I have a large order that was placed last fall. It was estimated that the shipping would occur around 04/01/13. I called on 04/10 and they said it would be shipped right away. When not received by 04/18, I called again. The rep said he didn't know why it hadn't yet shipped and would make sure it got right out. Today is 04/24 and I still don't have the order. I have to set aside time to get all of this planted. Called and talked to a manager (Scott). He could only say that they are doing the best that they can and he really can't say when it will ship. So if you need to have a general idea as to when you will receive your plants and trees, I would suggest ordering elsewhere.
Positive organic_tomato
Tyrone, GA (Zone 7b)
January 1, 2013
I ordered two Peterson pawpaws (Shenandoah and Susquehanna) from One Green World in fall of 2011. The website said they would not ship until the following April, but no one else had those varieties of pawpaw available at the time. I usually have better luck planting fruit trees in the fall instead of spring, but I took the chance and ordered them.

They both arrived the following April in deep, well packed pots that were taped up to keep the soil from moving. This was important because pawpaws are notoriously finicky about having their roots disturbed at all. Both trees were about 12" high. I felt this was a good size to plant them since the roots were also in 12" pot, and would be better able to support the top growth. I dug large holes, backfilled with compost, and planted very carefully to move the roots as little as possible.

It is now one year later, and both trees are still alive, surviving their first summer. The Susquehanna has doubled in height. The Shenandoah did not put on much new growth this year, but it is on a slightly drier site, and had a little more sun scald on the new leaves. This was a good first experience from this nursery.
Neutral eukofios
Vancouver, WA (Zone 8b)
December 3, 2012
This fall I ordered 5 items from One Green World. One item was not available and the payment for that was cancelled.

The items were shipped quickly - a few days. I live about 50 miles from their nursery.

I was dismayed by the tiny size of 2 items. That was two jujube trees. They cost 32.95 each. Each of the trees was about one foot to 18 inches tall. I realize they are an uncommon fruit, and that demands a price, but these plants were tiny. So I went back to the site. I admit I have no valid dispute - it doesn't say anywhere that I can find, what is the size of these trees. Still, I was disappointed by that.

OGW has many unique and interesting varieties that I can't find at local nurseries. The catalog is well laid out and very descriptive. The packaging was some of the best packaging I've seen for nursery trees. I've ordered about 30 trees over the years from various places, and the packing was among the best.

I went back to the website, and looked at several other items. They didn't list size for those either, so it's up to the consumer to decide whether they want to gamble on tree size when other catalogs list the size.

I have to give a neutral because of the size issue. When I made my early order for 2013, I went with a different nursery because I didn't want to take that chance. I had to think about whether it's fair to give "neutral" for that issue, but it was the basis for my decision to go elsewhere, so it's a fair rating. It's hard to think of walking into a nursery and buying a tree that size for that price (plus shipping), without shopping around some more. Otherwise I'm OK with the order. We'll see if a one-foot jujube tree really bears fruit 2-3 years after planting. It would be nice. Never having grown them before, maybe it will!
Positive nukusjeff
Wendell, NC
June 6, 2012
I contacted OGW to obtain pawpaw trees and they did not have varieties in stock anymore that I requested. They said they would contact me when they were available again.

They provided me with a list of the cultivars that were available and I chose the Mango Grafted and the Oversee. I also added a Colossal chestnut. They shipped a week later than the order form indicated but when I contacted them they were apologetic and mentioned they were very busy and they would be sent the coming week.

The pawpaws were shipped in deep pots and that was awesome. The chestnut was bareroot and I was concerned with it's survival as it seemed dry. All three trees are doing super. The Oversee's leaves browned a bit but the tree is doing well now. The chestnut looks beautiful as it is larger than the chestnut trees I have ordered from Stark Bros, Willis Orchard, Chestnut Hill, and Arbor Foundation and it is well branched. I was also concerned that my order would fry intransit to NC, but we had relatively mild weather and no problems.

I am well pleased with my order and plan to make another order in the fall.
Positive ian99
East Islip, NY
May 7, 2012
I ordered from One Green World 2 years in a row because they had the varieties I was looking for (Fruit trees and berries). They do have a great selection. Both times the plants were well packaged and arrived healthy. They responded to my questions by e-mail promptly. One of the trees (apricot, which is more sensitive) didn't survive and they refunded my money. In all I was very happy with their quality and service and would order from them again.
Negative lysis
Scottsdale, AZ
May 5, 2012
Ordered an Asian pear in April. Took two weeks to ship and the plant that arrived had dry roots. It was essentially DOA and failed to leaf out. Other varieties of bare root Asian pears from Grandpa's Orchard and Raintree ordered at the same time did do well, however.

Positive shaoxin66
Westfield, IN
April 27, 2012
When I first read the posts here, I was nervous to place an order, but eventually I ordered 8 asian pear trees on end of March, and got the trees last week after 7 days in shipping. The package was in great condition and the roots was wrapped in moist saw dust. Thanks to the cool April weather, all the tree starting budding after ten days planting, hope they will grow well this summer.
Positive trudyh
North Kingstown, RI
April 27, 2012
I ordered some lingonberry plants from them. The plants are beautiful, very healthy looking. I've had them in a cold frame and am waiting to plant them. They've already started to grow a bit more. Also, I spoke to them on the phone - very nice people.
Neutral TA152H
Stony Point, NY
April 25, 2012
Posted on April 24, 2012, updated April 25, 2012
I ordered a couple of trees from the site, and noticed my card had not been charged. When I went back on the site, I just saw "Void". They never contacted me in any way, they apparently just voided the order without explanation.
On April 25th, 2012, TA152H changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I contacted them, and they said they had sent me an email, and forwarded it to me. I don't know why I didn't get it the first time, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Still, advertising products you don't have isn't a great way to do business, but since they were at least courteous, I am upgrading them to neutral.
Neutral 5finadene3
Lock Haven, PA
April 11, 2012
I ordered 16 fruit trees this year(2012). When they arrived, I opened the boxes right away. The roots were totally dry. They had been packed in sawdust. wrapped in newspaper and then in plastic bags. The large staples used to close the boxes had punctured the plastic bags, allowing the roots to dry out. I attempted to rehydrate the trees and planted them within a few days. I emailed the company about this problem and got no reply. Time will tell if i change this rating to negative or not. Also, almost all of the trees were branchless whips, unlike the advertized trees. Another issue- Their planting and pruning directions are not species specific. At this point, I would say to spend the extra $5 and buy from Raintree. I've ordered from them in the past and had no complaints.
Positive Janna
Mahwah, NJ (Zone 6a)
October 29, 2011
I placed an order with OGW in 2010 and 2011. Love this company! Both times plants arrived on time and well packaged. Their selection of hard-to-find edible plants is like no other, and I am very happy with their plants. Once a persimmon tree arrived with dried up roots and I thought it wouldn't grow, but it bounced back later and is doing fine. I just placed my new order for next year, so excited!
Positive jtellerelsberg
Norwich, VT (Zone 5a)
May 31, 2011
I placed my order several months ago and have now received several plants from OGW this year: two currants, a gooseberry, a yellowhorn, and two goumi. All arrived in excellent condition and exactly on time for planting at my home in Vermont. The yellowhorn is a bit on the small side, but all the others are as large as I would ever want from something coming in the mail and have good looking roots and lots of healthy looking leaves. The gooseberry and one of the currants even had a little bit of fruit on them already. I've had the plants in the ground for about a week now, and all seem to have made the transition without trouble.
Negative Luft46
Hampton, VA
May 30, 2011
I have placed 2 orders with One Green World. I ordered 2 pawpaw trees from them (2009), and they were very well packed and they are growing well. I had nothing but praise for them and looked forward to placing many more orders with OGW.

However, another order I placed with them arrived slightly damaged - the top part was broken off. I took a photo and sent them an email right away (April), I never got a reply. By August the tree had started dying, I emailed them with no answer so I started phoning. After filling out a form (and I included photos), I was told I would have an answer in 7-10 days. I never received that email either, so I called them to ask about a resolution. I was told "maybe" there was a soil problem, or "maybe" the PH was wrong and my request for a refund or replacement was denied.. I have grown many of these trees in the exact same soil, water and sun

If they had made any sort of offer of meeting me halfway, half price on another tree, free shipping - anything, I would still be ordering from them today. So, for $10 or so, they have missed out on hundreds of dollars of future orders from me. That is too bad, I really would like to order more trees from them.
Positive RedClay007
Richmond, VA (Zone 7a)
April 30, 2011
I just ordered for the first time from OGW, and my experience has been positive. I usually make a small order when dealing with a company for the first time, so I ordered just one 'Mango' pawpaw. I got a confirmation email within 24 hours, which also gave my order shipping date. I responded to the email with questions about this cultivar, and I got a reply within 24 hours. My pawpaw arrived as promised today. The pawpaw was in an appropriate deep pot, well packaged, and of good size. It was in better shape than most other potted pawpaws that I have ordered. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive dangadadanga
Princeton Junction, NJ
April 27, 2011
I bought 2 currants, one gooseberry, one fig tree and a bunch of strawberries in April. Nice weather, good time to ship for my zone.

The negative: it took two weeks to pack the shipment and send it and there was no notification. I kept emailing them for updates.
The fig tree was mostly a stick (10-12 inches). While it's true that figs grow fast, I would still have liked a bigger plant for the money I paid.

The positive: the way the packed the plants in the box was unbelievable. I've bought plants from a lot of nurseries, but none of them pack the plants so well. Nothing was damaged in transit and the plants looked healthy.
The currants and the gooseberry have very nice root systems.

All in all, not sure if I'll buy from them again.
Negative GeoDro
Newark, DE
April 23, 2011
Just received my order, and I was disappointed, especially as my past orders with this company had been higher quality.

This time, however, I received what appeared to be a machine dug persimmon that had not much root (bare root, root chopped extremely short). The root was loosely packed with just wood chips that were barely moist, in a wrapped plastic bag with entirely dry newspaper holding the barely moistened chips.

Perhaps the management of this company is not as involved as it once was in maintaining quality control? I've planted the plant, so we'll see, but based on what I saw I'm not overly optimistic. It's disappointing, because the variety of plants they have to me has always seemed unmatched, but if the quality is no longer there what does it matter?
Neutral oswald
Wausaukee, WI
April 20, 2011
Posted on April 8, 2011, updated April 20, 2011
An enticing catalog, but their shipping is erratic, despite promises. Usual excuse: too cold to ship overland, though by air the cargo would be sub-freezing. I will not be ordering again.
On April 20th, 2011, oswald changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Order received, though much later than requested. In the future will insist on honoring shipping dates.
Negative SteveGubkin
Columbus, OH
April 11, 2011
I ordered 5 pawpaw trees, 3 honeyberries, and 2 bundles of alpine strawberries from OGW. I placed my order fall last year, and was told that they had the trees I was interested in (Susquehana, Allegheny, and KSU-Atwood) in stock. I called them back about a month ago, and they initially couldn't find my order (which freaked me out a little), but they found it eventually and got back to me. They said they wouldn't be able to ship out until early April, which I said was fine. April 8th I called them to see what was going on with my order, and they said they had already shipped it April 4th, and they gave me a tracking number. I had asked them to call me before shipping them out on my order form - I wanted to avoid being out of town when my order got to me. I checked the tracking number they gave me, and FedEx said the order was only 6 pounds. This seems pretty strange, because 5 potted trees, 3 bareroot bushes, and 10 potted strawberries should not weigh only 6 pounds. So I call OGW back and ask them why my order only weighs 6 pounds. They tell me that they ran out of pawpaws, so they canceled that part of my order. I was only ordering anything from them because I wanted the pawpaws, so I asked them to contact FedEx to have them take the rest of the order back. They say they can't do that - I will have to refuse the order in person. The FedEx guy knocked on my door the next morning, and by the time I got there he was already gone and I had a package of unwanted plants. To be fair, the plants I did get were in pretty good shape - well packaged and healthy looking. But I lost a whole year of growth because this company wasn't able to keep its inventory straight, which is just inexcusable. The fact that they didn't call me early is the worst part - I may have been able to order from another company if they had been honest with me. Instead I have a full quarter of my backyard dug out and prepared for a pawpaw patch, with no pawpaws to put in it. I will just take the next year to plant some cover crops there and try to improve the soil quality for next spring. I think I am going to get my pawpaws from Nolin Nut River instead.
Positive greenman115
Ringtown, PA
April 10, 2011
I am new to ordering from this company, and quite honestly was slightly concerned due to some of the negative posts placed here (and due to the distance of shipping cross country to PA). I kept my order light for a first time experience and ordered currants, sea berries, vines, and hardy bananas.

To my delight the items shipped exactly when they were supposed to and arrived in some of the best condition I have ever seen mail order plants arrive in (and I order a lot!). All plants were very well rooted, damp, budded or leafed out, and even secured down with rope inside the box to prevent shifting! Based upon this trial run, I will definately order again!
Neutral gardeningana
Beaverton, OR
November 12, 2010
My advice: Buy OneGreenWorld plants from good local nurseries. A reputable nursery will add a layer of quality control and probably provide a refund or replacement should there be issues with the plant/tree. Many have a one year guarantee. Your local nursery can probably special order any plant for you if they don't carry it.

The variety of plants OGW offers is great. In the past they have replaced 2 of 3 problem plants I oredered from them, however getting a good plant in the first place is much better. I shop at almost all the local nurseries and know which ones have given me the best success rates. These nurseries have no problem returning or not accepting shipments with diseased plants from any source including OGW. Best wishes for your unusual/rare fruit growing!
Negative shroomdaddy
Junction City, WI
August 22, 2010
I wish that I had checked with this Watchdog page before being suckered into their beautiful webpage that has seems to offer tremendous variety and potential. Despite their high prices for most varieties I splurged in 2009 and placed an $800+ order with high hopes to expand the varieties in both my nursery and orchards in WI. At the same time I also placed orders with 5 other mailorder nurseries and staggered their deliveries over two weeks so they'd all get planted promptly. What arrived for the most part looked very good except for some of the smallest bareroots ie.kiwis but usually I've had good luck with even the smallest if given enough attention. Bottomline only one of 8 apples survived the summer despite plentiful rain, weedmat and woodchip mulching. and plenty of supplimental watering by my college workers, and a very good growing season for everything else i planted or had already in place. 3 of 6 honeyberries are flourishing this year at 3-4' tall but the other 3 never leafed out just like the apples the first growing season. Only 3 of 9 kiwis grew. Aian pears, persimmon, and 1/2 of the mountain ash had a few leaves the first summer but dead this spring. I called last September to report my concern and then this April (to keep it under 1 year) and they gave me the old scratch and look for green which I did on those brown trunks off the apples and went back and forth on the phone until they stopped calling. So I called to ask what their head horticulturalist (the owner)had decided and I was blown away when told that Wisconsin has too harsh of a climate for their plants and that they were winterkilled. BS as all ordered were rated for my zone and the fact of the matter was that most just NEVER LEAFED OUT while at the very same time Stark brothers, Oikos, Woodstock, St. Lawrence Nursery, Hartmans,etc orders did very well. An e-mail to them in which I made my final rebuttal to the owner herself was unanswered two months ago. The only worse customer service which I've come across is from Direct Gardening mailorder which I next write about. For the amount of $ and time lost I should have contacted my credit card company for a partial refund but didn't.
Negative frejaman
Hillsboro, OR
June 22, 2010
This company does not stand behind their product. Often their stock are too small for field trans-planting and die. I lost hundreds of dollars of stock dying the first year after a cold winter. I figured at least they would replace a paw paw tree that is supposed to be hardy. When you call in they ask you lots of questions to find that one excuse why they will not replace your stock. I will never buy again!
Negative ecofarmer1
Beaverton, OR
June 11, 2010
STAY AWAY!! I am good friends with a former higher management employee, and I bought a European Pear from this company and I Constantly had problems with it - season after season it would lose its leaves and the pears would rot before ever ripening - my friend finally admitted that OGW's "mother block" (where they get all their cuttings/starts from) has been knowingly infected with Pear Blister Disease. AND that's not all, the Figs they propagate and sell are known to have Mosaic Virus, which can ruin an entire fig farm if infected. This employee also told me that he had been ordered by THE OWNERS (!!!) that if someone wanted a particular variety and it was out of stock to simply take a different variety and change the tag on it because "only about a quarter of people will ever even figure out they have the wrong one". He told me there was a lot of other circumstances but wouldn't elaborate. I can't even imagine a company purposely swindling their own customers. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
Negative collinsm65
Smithsburg, MD
June 5, 2010
I placed an order for three items. One Gogi plant, one Chinese Haw tree and one Asian Pear. The Gogi was in a small pot...a bit smaller than expected but in good shape otherwise.

For the two trees, I expected bare root and dormant, but what I got were bare root STICKS. Not one branch. Cliped entirely down to the stick. The web page says pruned to fit. This wasn't pruned, it was MAULED!!!

I tried to work something out with them, but they are uncooperative. Additionally, FedX left it in front of the house on a 95 degree day in full sun against brick, where temperatures soar to 110 easily. They said there was nothing they could do and it's my problem with FedX.

Not knowing yet what to do, I kept them indoors where it was cool, waiting on someone to call me back. They said "no manager was available. Yeah...3pm their time. Sure. They said the supervisor "just stepped out" when I asked for that. Complete B.S.. I asked for a call-back. So far still waiting. While the trees were indoors, I discovered also that the stuff they sent them in was loaded with ants. WTF?

Um...well...I worked in the catalog industry too, and can tell you it's the shipper's responsibility to get an order to you in satisfactory condition. This was anything but satisfactory, and I will also be filing a BBB complaint as well as one on http://www.ripoffreport.com as well.

This company should be avoided like the plauge!!!
Positive magnaastra
Charleston, IL (Zone 6a)
May 12, 2010
Only placed a very small "wait and see" order to check them out, and I am ever glad that I did! I was really blown away by the size of the lingonberries and the blueberry, and one of the best parts was hearing my plant-neutral husband oohing and ahhing over their packaging (he NEVER gets excited about anything horticultural, so that really is a big thing). Will definitely be ordering again.
Positive sages1
Harmony, PA
May 4, 2010
They did again! Exceeded expectation! Wanted to receive by lemon tree by 5/6 received it today! And it's gorgeous - thank you!
Positive girlbug2
Westminster, CA
May 3, 2010
I am a new customer to One Green World, and so far my experience has been very good. Their selection of hard-to-find trees and plants is impressive. Most importantly, the items I ordered (feijoas, goumis and a flowering quince, all in nursery pots) were perfectly packaged and arrived healthy, in excellent condition. The quince even had two tiny little fruits started on it.

I have ordered twice online from One Green World; once this past fall, and once this spring. On both occasions the company called me to alert me to a potential problem, and they were very professional and courteous. I appreciated their care of me as their customer.

If I had one complaint about OGW, it would be that my spring order took three weeks to ship, which is a tad longer than I am used to from mail order nurseries; but then again, April is their busy season, and I usually order in January because that's bareroot season in Zone 9.

I will definitely give OGW more of my business next January when I will be shopping for trees.
Positive joefrank
Santa Fe, NM
April 16, 2010
4/17/2010

A few weeks ago I ordered a Seville Orange from One Green World, it came in excellent condition. The tree was loaded with citrus flowers and fruit. I couldn't believe such a company took such care of it's orders. Two weeks later I ordered a Chinotto Orange Tree, same deal great packaging, the tree was excellent, full of fruit and flowers. They know how to package their plants so they arrive in great condition. The one draw back is they never answer their e mails or send you a tracking number for Fed Ex. I would still order from them again, this is one company I would rate very highly.
Joe Baraba
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Neutral oosa
Northbrook, IL (Zone 5a)
April 5, 2010
My plants were much SMALLER than I could ever expect, when they arrived in the mail last year ($40 for an 11 inch tall "tree"?). And they had many MILDEW/MOLD/FUNGUS related issues (they probably overwintered in some dark and wet storage place before getting shipped out).

Or maybe I am just spoiled by what other local nurseries have to offer...

I think OGW mails out plants they can't sell in their storefront. You end up waiting extra years for the stuff to produce any fruit, when you start with such tiny, covered in green fungus, mildew, peeling bark, asymmetrical little bareroot sticks.

On the other hand, I am glad there is someone like them, offering such a variety. OGW is good for plants you CAN'T really get from your local nurseries.

If you have gardening experience, you can make (most) their plants work. It may take more work, and longer than you expect though...