The scoop on 'Jurassic Plants Nursery'

Jurassic Plants Nursery

11245 Sunset Cove Road
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia V0N 1Y2 (Canada)

Visit Jurassic Plants Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive SelmaR
Navy Yard City, WA
October 22, 2013
What a pleasure dealing with this company. In an age of recorded customer service messages, having the personal interaction with Lori regarding my purchase made the whole experience so rewarding. All my questions were answered in a timely, professional manner. The plants were packaged and shipped so that they arrived in perfect condition. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and will definitely be adding to my cycad collection from Jurassic Plants Nursery!
Positive debbie_lezar
Durban
South Africa
December 20, 2010
What fantastic service, what gorgeous plants, and what a pleasure doing business with Lori. Form the time I emailed Lori, to the time the plants were delivered, the service was outstanding. And to top it all, the entire transaction, via internet (incl. photos of the plants, guidance on using Paypal, reimbursement due to change in shipping charges, follow up on postage and delivery) took only 5 days! I am in South Africa - the other side of the world - and this gift was perfect and Lori was amazing. The best part: absoutlely stunning plants that have found a lvoing home and are the new owner's pride and joy! Also, in a world where we are warned of the risks associated with internet shopping, there was never any doubt in my mind about Lori's integrity or the quality of plants - just another big plus! Thank you Lori, you made the process better than "real" shopping, and I will definitely be back for more knowing I can rely on your expertise and customer service.
Positive tsunami28
Hudson's Hope
July 17, 2010
My plants were professionally packaged and shipped shortly after ordering. They arrived within two days happy and very healthy. Lori is amazing to work with. She is very knowledgable and professional. This was my first plant order with this company and it was a great experience. I recommend Lori to anyone looking for cycads.
Positive jdshields
Vancouver
July 6, 2010
One canít begin to praise this company. Not only is the professionalism and keen admiration of the owner, Lori Pickering, for these rare plants readily apparent, the plants I ordered were perfect. Every step in the process - from inquiries, to ordering, to delivery, and after delivery advice - was a pleasure and made most easy. The plants I ordered were obviously treasured and cared for like family. They are a delightful addition to my garden. Lori is a star and Jurassic Plants Nursery an absolute delight to deal with.
Positive 9801
Halfmoon Bay BC
February 17, 2010
I was thrilled to find the Jurrasic plants nursery because I had been wondering where to start with growing Cycads. Lori has a large selection of rare plants in all sizes and variations, all healthy and thriving. These plants are lovely to use as centerpieces in a home and thanks to Lori I have quite a few now, watching them grow is a pleasure. However will need more, once started it is hard to stop.!

I have had a lot of questions and Lori has the knowledge I needed. Jurrasic plants is an A1 nursery in every way!
Positive Richbecker
Vancouver
December 28, 2007
In September 2007 I visited the Jurassic Plants Nursery without an appointment, but none the less the owner Lori Pickering was kind enough to give me a tour of her Cycad nusery. I was greatly impressed by the love that she showed towards her plants. Although I did not purchase any Cycads, which were all of different sizes, with many different species, and they were all well labelled, I did ask if she had any Wollemi pine plants (Wollemia nobilis). A rare and relatively newly discovered tree genus from Australia. To my surprise she said "Yes" she had bought 24 of them and still had a few left for sale. I decided to purchase one and asked her to keep on hold another one for me as a possible donation to VanDusen Garden in Vancouver. After my return to Vancouver I contacted VanDusen Garden and they were willing to accept a gift of a Wollemi pine. I then contacted Jurassic Plants Nursery to buy the other one. It arrived soon after, very well packaged. I was very impressed by the very friendly way that all of the transactions were handled. Aloha from Rich Becker Ph.D., R.P.F.
Positive brenda777
Bright
June 3, 2007
I purchased two cyclads from Jurassic Plants. My experience was excellent. The plants arrived to Ontario within three days via mail, well boxed and the soil was moist. Lori was great to deal with and the description of the plants were exactly what I was expecting to receive. I would purchase from Jurassic Plants again, and would recommend them. The history of the plants are fascinating and interesting.
Thanks for the experience. Brenda
Positive Torbin
Windsor, ON
May 15, 2007
I won't go into details, but I dealt with Jurassic Plants Nursery in a situation of short time scale and uncooperative financial sources (I had the money, but had trouble transmitting it). Through it all, I found the Nursery's Lori Pickering caring, sympathetic and effective. She went out of her way to make sure my order could be fulfilled and was complete, in good shape and arrived in time.

Beyond being a great businessperson to deal with, Ms. Pickering is also very knowledgeable about her exotic products - willing and able to ensure her customers succeed.

I have already recommended Jurassic Plants Nursery to others and will continue to do so.
Positive bcmitch
Coldstream BC
April 25, 2007
Jurassic Plants Nursery is outstanding! My diion edule arrived in two days, packaging was exemplary (more than what other companies do!).

The specimen looks healthy, and of good size. Roots were slightly damp (perfect!) on arrival due to abundance of high-quality packing material.

The owner of the company, Lori, kept in touch about my order and emailed me the day it was mailed. Now I'll head off to her excellent website to refresh my memory on how to care for the new addition.

The only thing wrong...Dave's Garden needs a rating called VERY POSITIVE...that's Jurassic Plants Nursery!

I'll shop at Jurassic Plants Nursery again for sure!

On May 31st, 2007, bcmitch added the following:

And I shopped again a month later...absolutely outstanding packaging. Instead of a flimsy mailing tube (like some companies use), Lori Pickering sent my 2-foot tall plant in a sona-tube (the kind that contractors use to pour concrete for columns!)

I'm very impressed with the quality of the plants too!

Jurassic Plants Nursery is truly THE source for Cycads for Canada!
Positive WesNorthVan
North Van, BC (Zone 8b)
January 25, 2007
Lori was very helpful and she was there at the meeting place when she said she would be. The cycads were in good shape and any questions I had she was able to answer.
I am happy with my new purchase and happy with the service.
Positive cricri
Toronto, ON (Zone 6a)
January 21, 2007
I was very happy when I found on the Internet a Canadian nursery specialized in cycads, the Jurassic Plants Nursery. So, I've ordered some seeds from Lori. And then, again, I've ordered some germinated seeds. She sent my orders promptly, well packaged and protected. Lori also sent several emails confirming shipping and to make sure that the seeds arrived and that I was happy with them; and lots of instructions, from germinating the seeds, to taking care of the seedlings. It was a wonderful experience.
Highly recommended !!
Positive catnipcottage
Halfmoon Bay
January 16, 2007
I first learned about "Jurassic Plants Nursery" through researching the web about cycads. I was delighted to find that they have plants available for sale and purchased several. I am happy to say that my plants arrived in a very healthy state and are flourishing. My experience with this company left me with the feeling that they are very dedicated to this rare and endangered family of plants. I am a very satisfied customer!