The scoop on 'Faraway Flowers from Faraway Places'

Faraway Flowers from Faraway Places

228 Brown Road
Poland, Maine 04274 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on April 21, 2014:
We received this message from the owner of this business:

"Due to circumstances beyond my control, the importing of my spring shipment was mishandled by several third parties. The end result is that the partial shipment I received in error had never been cleared through USDA. I am told that the bulbs cannot be released to my customers. I have requested the Maine Department of Agriculture take possession of the shipment and destroy them. Because they are perishable, the bulbs no longer meet my standards.

Faraway Flowers has given me much joy over the years and I was so pleased to be able to share these gorgeous flowers with my U.S. friends. But the effort, stress, and lack of profitability have made me chose to close.

Please rest assured that your payments will be returned. No customer will suffer a financial loss due to my closing."

Comments:

Positive buggycrazy
Lebanon, OR (Zone 7b)
April 27, 2014
Posted on March 10, 2009, updated April 27, 2014
My bulbs arrived today, lovely lilies, lovingly packed by a lovely person!
On April 27th, 2014, buggycrazy added the following:

My order arrived - is planted and I am thrilled with it!
Positive DonnaMack
Elgin, IL (Zone 5a)
April 24, 2014
Posted on October 19, 2011, updated April 24, 2014
I just received superb bulbs from this company. They were expertly packaged. And I really loved the way I was able to track them. I was provided with a link that I was able to update, so that I knew days in advance which day and approximate time they would be delivered. I'll report back in spring/summer on their performance.
On April 24th, 2014, DonnaMack added the following:

It is very sad that this fine company is discontinuing its first class operation. In spite of closing, I received all but one of my varieties, was sent a gift bulb, and received a partial refund. If she ever revives her business, I will be one of her first customers.
Positive hostages
Wyoming, MN
April 3, 2014
Received my first order. The bulbs look great and the communications were excellent.
Positive LVerrico
Collins, NY
January 16, 2014
Posted on October 9, 2013, updated January 16, 2014
October 09,2013
WOW what an amazeing company Faraway Flowers is.
I placed my order on 8/12/13 asked if my order could be shipped by a certain date and that was no problem what so ever.Ramona is one of the nicest people i have ever dealt with she answers all questions asap when emailed.I received my bulbs today and WOW are they something so big and healthy one is so big it takes up my whole hand and i don't have small hands.Even the bouns bulb was amazeing.This is one company everyone who truly loves Lilies should buy from.I sure can not wait for the Spring collection.
Thank you again Ramona.
Tony C.
On January 16th, 2014, LVerrico added the following:

Well just an up date i placed my second order this week 1/15/14 for the spring and it was just as easy and plesent to do business with Ramona again.
The new selections are great and i am sure some will sell out very fast great colors and very different.
Can not wait for the fall choices.
Tony C
Positive rowseman
Eastford, CT
October 21, 2013
Excellent lily bulbs that are true to named variety. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Positive ladyisle
Bohemia, NY (Zone 7a)
May 12, 2013
Posted on May 12, 2013, updated May 12, 2013
Posted on May 9, 2013, updated May 12, 2013
Posted on April 3, 2010, updated May 9, 2013
I Just got my order today. Big healthy bulbs and some extras, expected (from our communication), and not expected just because she's generous. Can't wait to plant these tomorrow, and can't wait to see them grow and flower.

Thank you, Ramona!
On May 9th, 2013, ladyisle added the following:

On May 12th, 2013, ladyisle added the following:

On May 12th, 2013, ladyisle added the following:

I've been trying to update my comment, but have been unsuccessful. One final try. LOVE Faraway Flowers from Faraway Places. Great selection without being overwhelming, excellent communication-Ramona is so knowledgeable, friendly, and prompt in answering e-mail. It's a pleasure doing business with her. Bulbs are A+, and she even threw in a gift bulb of the same quality. She is my first choice for Lily bulbs. A very satisfied customer!
Positive jfzeabart
Terre Haute, IN
November 12, 2011
All lily bulbs were in good shape except for one rotted martagon.I expect it will be replaced or refunded.
Company representative comment on November 14, 2011:
On Nov 14, 2011 4:59 AM, Faraway Flowers from Faraway Places responded with:

I am so sorry. I did have problems with the bulbs from that wholesaler and a refund is on it's way!

Positive pixie62560
South China, ME (Zone 5a)
April 23, 2011
Posted on May 14, 2007, updated April 23, 2011
Great bulbs, great seller, and prompt fast delivery. I have bought from here 2x and will continue to do so with great pleasure!!
On April 23rd, 2011, pixie62560 added the following:

Lily bulbs arrived for the 2011 planting season right on time! Nice healthy bulbs, great customer service!! Ramona is a pleasure to deal with and I hope to continue growing Faraway bulbs in my garden for a long, long time. :)
Positive WICountry
Merrill, WI (Zone 3B)
January 1, 2011
I ordered the hard-to-find Martagon lilies from Faraway Flowers this past fall. They were well priced and excellent quality. I just received their 2011 catalog ... guess what I'm doing tonight :)
Positive pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY (Zone 7a)
April 3, 2010
Posted on November 12, 2009, updated April 3, 2010
I'm thoroughly ashamed of myself for not giving Feedback much earlier than this!

Ramona was as helpful as could possibly be and kept me informed as to the delay (no fault of her own getting them through customs from England). The bulbs were big and healthy and bloomed very well despite the late planting.

The bulbs were also true to name and that's a pleasure in itself as so many places are so disappointing in that regard.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from her again. Thanks, Ramona!
On April 3rd, 2010, pirl added the following:

My 2010 order of lilies arrived today. Ramona gets a 10 star rating from me. The bulbs are big, healthy and have wonderfully fresh roots. Ramona will always have my business. She is a pleasure to deal with and very helpful. Thanks, Ramona.
Positive jmorth
Divernon, IL (Zone 5b)
December 11, 2009
Good site, good bulbs, good service. Occasionally has some relatively rare offerings.
Positive dlefferts
Agawam, MA (Zone 6a)
October 31, 2009
Posted on October 23, 2009, updated October 31, 2009
This is my first order from Ramona and I will strongly recommend her blubs. I had great communication from her-kept increasing my order as more blubs became available. She kept track and credited my account for any over charges. When she thought the blubs were smaller then she would like she sent extra blubs. You can't go wrong with this company. I look forward to the Spring when she will have a larger selection of her hard to find usual lilies for sale.
On October 31st, 2009, dlefferts added the following:

Orders some more bulbs of Ramona's through PNWL-once again great bulbs. Strongly recommend. Great company to do business with.
Positive magnolialover
Southern, WI (Zone 5a)
October 22, 2009
Posted on April 27, 2007, updated October 22, 2009
I must applaud this new company for a job well done. I received my bulbs today and could not be more pleased with the size and quality. I had a rather large order and all of the bulbs were excellent.
The shipment was delayed for inclement weather, and as customers, we were notified immediately of the delay. Communication from this company has been excellent from start to finish and I so appreciate that in business today. As a customer I not only received an excellent product, but felt important to this business as well.
Many thanks to Faraway Flowers for a job well done. Look forward to future orders. Highly recommend this company to avid lily lovers.
On March 9th, 2009, magnolialover added the following:

This being my third shipment from Faraway Flowers, I received it today. All of the lily bulbs were of nice size, packed neatly and descriptions provided on the bag will help me while I plant too. Ramona provides excellent communication throughout the ordering/shipping process and after several orders, I have come to count on her for some of the best service I have gotten anywhere. I would not hesitate ordering from Faraway Flowers, you get unique offerings, excellent service and nice bulbs. Thank you!
On October 22nd, 2009, magnolialover added the following:

Faraway Flowers always exceeds expectations on shipping, quality and diversity of lily varieties. She is an amazing woman at customer service and she goes out of her way to offer the very unique and garden worthy! You can't go wrong with this company. Your garden will only be better for ordering!
Positive TickiSox
Lowndesboro, AL (Zone 8a)
May 14, 2009
Couldn't be more pleased with the lilies I received from Faraway Flowers. Large healthy bulbs, packed carefully with a few extras. I have always had wonderful luck with the bulbs from this company, you won't be disappointed.
Positive nanny_56
Putnam County, IN (Zone 5b)
March 24, 2009
I received my lily bulbs today from Faraway Flowers and I am very pleased and impressed! The bulbs were very nice size and healty. Packing was great.

As soon as I can find more space I will order from Ramona again!! Excellent vendor who is highly recommended.
Positive al_so_carolina
Anderson, SC
March 20, 2009
Recieved lilies from Ramona last week. Ordered approximately 50 different bulbs. The packaging was excellent. All bulbs were individually packaged and labelled to include a picture of what each lily would look like. Bulbs were large and firm, ready to plant.
I planted a majority of them last week, and today noticed several were already breaking ground.
Have purchased from Ramona before. Always excellent service, great feedback, and quality products.
ONLY PLACE TO PURCHASE LILIES ON THE WEB!!!!
HER BULB QUALITY MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE!
Al
excellent bulbs and customer Service
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
March 16, 2009
I am so extremely pleased with this company! I have bought thru coop as well as directly. The customer service and product quality are superior. Buy from this seller with complete confidence
Positive HilarySmith
Venice, CA
April 29, 2008
Just got my bulbs from Faraway Flowers. They were huge and healthy. Can't wait for the Geisha Girl and Miss Lily OT bulbs to bloom. Ramona features a cherry-picked selection of unusual lilies. Also, she answered my e-mails right away, which was appreciated. Will order from Faraway Flowers again.
Positive Chocolatemoose
North Pole, AK (Zone 1)
March 18, 2008
I'm giving Faraway Flowers a 5 Star+ rating! Exceptional customer service (actually, better than exceptional, but can't think of another word). Healthy, clean bulbs arrived well packaged and the labeling, complete with a color picture was frosting on the cake. It doesn't get much better....oops, yes it does. She also included a helpful guide to planting.

Ramona was accomodating in meeting my special request regarding shipping to my Far North location. It wasn't expected but she did it with an on-line smile that made the transaction a complete pleasure.

Ramona has set a standard other vendors will need to meet if they want my lily $$$ in the future.

I believe you can buy with confidence from Faraway Flowers!
Positive llilyfan
South Central, IA (Zone 5a)
March 17, 2008
Having heard nothing but good about this new Lily Retailer I was motivated to place an order. Wow! am I ever glad I did.

The personal customer service was extrordinary, even when I messed up an add on. I sent an email and the owner quickly replied and offered me several options to pay the additional amount. It has been a long time since I have felt important as a customer; I truly believe I was appreciated as a patron.

The bulbs arrived in beautiful shape, clearly marked with pictures and information, and a planting guide was also included.

I will most definately order from
Faraway Flowers again.
Positive glevely
Sanford, MI (Zone 5a)
October 12, 2007
this is my first order with this Co. and I could not be happier they are excellent sized bulbs very fresh roots I have told every one I know to order from her. Great job!!!!!!
Gloria
Positive Ticker
Lisbon, IA (Zone 5a)
May 14, 2007
I forgot to put my feedback in here! I received my bulbs from Faraway Flowers and they were great. Nice size, excellent condition, and well packaged. Nice work Ramona! :)

On May 1st, 2008, Ticker added the following:

Once again Faraway Flowers has out done themselves! I just received my order and it was as per usual fantastic. Ramona sends some of the best bulbs you can get! Thanks so much for the quality you put into your products. It is appreciated and valued.
Positive Bamagirltee
Headland, AL (Zone 8a)
April 30, 2007
Excellant service, communication and nice firm bulbs.
Couldn't have been more pleased with this new company.
I will definatley order from them again.
Positive pardalinum
Willamette Valley, OR (Zone 8a)
April 29, 2007
The lily bulbs I ordered were firm and healthy. Excellent planting instructions were included. Shipping was delayed due to inclement weather but it was only a few days. The company offered a great promotion for Valentines Day-- free bulbs with sweet names, depending on the size of your order. What I really liked was this company making available some of the newest hybrids not otherwise available. Thanks Faraway Flowers.
Positive intercessor
Fox River Valley Area, WI (Zone 5a)
April 28, 2007
I ordered a couple orienpet bulbs and an oriental. The orienpets were big(2.5-3.25inches diameter), healthy and firm. The oriental was standard size that I have seen from other companies. The shipment was delayed because of weather but it was communicated that they would ship when things cleared.

Thank you for the nice bulbs!
Positive Maxine
Western, WI (Zone 4a)
April 28, 2007
Was very pleased with the bulbs that I recd. and the excellent care and timing that went into my order.
There was a delay, but Ramona can't control the weather, although I think she would if she could.
Will be placing another order with her company, but am wondering where I will find the room for more love of my life, LILIES!!

Maxine zone 4a
Positive Moby
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5b)
April 28, 2007
Received my order yesterday and was very, very pleased. Though it arrived a little later than planned due to horrible weather this Spring, notification was sent and now is perfect planting time.

All the bulbs were exceptionally fresh, healthy looking and true to the described size. I'll order again from this company without hesitation.
Positive Riverland
Northeast, LA (Zone 8a)
April 27, 2007
I ordered lilies from this company Dec 3. I still do not have flowers. I received one email saying that the order would be delayed. They do not answer numerous emails. I will never order from them again. I think if I were a small co. trying to get a good start, I would at least answer emails.
On April 29th, 2007, Riverland changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I am changing this to neutral. I received my bulbs and they are nice. I would have appreciated better communication. Just an answered email would have been fine.
On April 29th, 2007, Riverland changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I am going to now ratte this company with a positive. It seems Ramona really was not receiving my emails. I have had very good communication with her the last few days. wishing you luck in making a go of your business.