The scoop on 'Multiflora Enterprises'

Multiflora Enterprises

Bonsall, California 92003 (United States)

Phone: 760-723-8886
Fax: 760-451-9177

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive badsatchmo
Tujunga, CA
February 20, 2009
I traveled 100+ miles to visit this nursery namely because the had some philodendron "evansii" plants that I was unable locate locally. Not only was the owner of this operation-William Skimina- knowlegeable but he helped in the loading and securing of two large plants into the back of my pick up. I heartily recommend this nursery as an antidote to the run of the mill garden center for service not to mention its eclectic selection of plants.
Positive Nina_NY
Brooklyn, NY
May 17, 2007
I ordered two mature size clivias last December. The plants were carefully packed, bare roots in two gallons plastic pots. The clivias were very healthy with lots of roots! Mr. Skimina also gave me professional horticultural advice on growing these plants.
I was very impressed and would not hesitate to recommend this company.
Positive cyra
Central Valley, CA (Zone 9b)
April 8, 2007
Well, this one is hard to comment on. I was informed that most of my plants would arrive bareroot, and they did. This probably saves on shipping weight, and charges, but I don't think it's the best way to ship plants. On the other hand, I cannot argue the matter, since I couldn't afford to pay what it would've cost to ship my order in pots, with soil, as they were fairly well developed (large) plants, so I somewhat understand the necessity of this shipping policy. I am well pleased with most of the plants, and most have recovered nicely. Unfortunately one of my plants, a heliotrope, arrived infested with mealy bugs. I don't really think that the nursury owner knew about this, (at least I hope not, since mealy bugs would just as happily dine on other plants I'd ordered, like the jasmines, and might've infected them during transit), but when I informed the owner of the infested plant, he neither offered to exchange it for a healthy plant, nor refund it's price.....--not the best way to do repeat business. He did mention that I owed funds for shipping, which I have remitted, as agreed to, via phone. Will see if he does the reasonable and ethical thing, and offers to replace the heliotrope? If so, I will update this review accordingly.
S. Williams

On April 12th, 2007, cyra changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Update on my order from Multiflora Enterprises: (April 12, 2007) The gentleman from Multiflora Enterprises called me today, and left a message stating that he'd rec'd my note on the Heliotrope plant, and will send a replacement. Therefore I will upgrade my rating, to positive, as he is dealing with my order in a fair and responsible manner, and I must commend him on this.
Cyra
On April 24th, 2007, cyra added the following:

I rec'd the replacement Heliotrope from Multiflora, and it had no sign of mealy bugs, that I could find. It did suffer some damage from the shipper, (they placed the box upside down at some point in transit, and broke most of the top of the plant, which I removed), but the plant must have been pretty healthy to begin with, as it is throwing out new leaves, and will recover, so I am perfectly content with my experience at Multiflora, and would recommend them. As I see it, a nursuryman is only responsible for shipping a healthy plant, they aren't responsible for shipping damage.
The rating of my experience at multiflora remains positive.
Positive wb2001
Downsville, LA
March 24, 2007
I ordered some palms and was very pleased. The plants were nicely packed and very large and healthy. My small order was handled as if it were very important to them. I would highly recommend this nursery to others.