The scoop on 'Everwilde Farms, Inc.'

Everwilde Farms, Inc.

Everwilde Farms, Inc. has 814 products listed in PlantScout.

N12025 1010th St.
Bloomer, Wisconsin 54724 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-848-EVER

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive doghill6
Central Point, OR (Zone 8a)
August 20, 2014
I just ordered a few packets from them and found the shipping charges quite reasonable. They have some items I was looking for in hope of attracting a few of our needy butterflies. They shipped quite quickly and seem like a great company for future orders. Their seed packets are very beautiful which is nice.
Positive u1l9l5a4
Sanford, NC
August 14, 2014
This is a good company to buy seeds from. I never had a problem; the transaction always runs its course smoothly.
The seeds are wonderful and the prices very acceptable.
I have bookmarked their site in my favorites.
Positive vitrsna
Colima
Mexico (Zone 11)
January 29, 2014
Posted on May 17, 2013, updated January 29, 2014
Posted on June 30, 2012, updated May 17, 2013
Posted on February 24, 2012, updated June 30, 2012
I am also a happy customer of Everwilde. The seeds I ordered were shipped next day and were received in good time and good condition with an information sheet about growing wildflowers. In terms of ordering seeds, Everwilde is a very smooth ride with a quick and easy and informational website. I always appreciate an automated note when orders are shipped so I will have an idea of when to expect delivery and this is not available at Everwilde. Still, I cannot fault them for this and will enjoy being a repeat customer.
On June 30th, 2012, vitrsna added the following:

I really like doing business with this company. They have a good business ethic and i've never had a problem. The prices are excellent and, although i've never actually counted seeds, it is clear that there are always more seeds in the packets than is noted. Now enough time has passed to be able to say that i find the germination rates of Everwilde Farms seeds to greatly exceed the norm in my experience. I received an order of seeds today and they never disappoint.
On May 17th, 2013, vitrsna added the following:

Everwilde is so consistently good and they make the ordering process quick and easy. Now they offer an automated notice when items are shipped which is a feature i appreciate. I look forward to receiving their seeds because my experience has been that the germination rates are also consistently high. Happy experience, super company, super people, never a problem.
On January 29th, 2014, vitrsna added the following:

Everwilde Farms remains one of my favorite seed companies. They have added new seed packaging that is re-usable and is said to keep seeds fresh 3 times longer than paper or plastic packets. Also they are a GMO free farm which i consider to be a big plus. Their business ethics and the quality of seeds with higher than normal germination rates (in my experience) are superior and never disappoint.
Positive BarbK_FL
Indialantic, FL
January 28, 2014
I ordered seeds from Everwilde earlier this month. They were shipped really quick and everything I planted germinated. I loved the packets too. I would definitely buy from again.
Neutral ericb
Yadkinville, NC
January 18, 2014
I planned out my order before realizing how high the shipping charges would be. I was far enough along I went with it anyway, but the shipping charges are so high (nearly 30% of my subtotal on an order with 12 items) I'll probably try to avoid Everwilde in the future. I don't know if the shipping charges were so high last year -- this is my second year ordering from them -- or if I just didn't pay attention to the shipping charges last year. Extraordinarily high shipping charges are my only complaint.
Positive virginiarose
Southeast, VA (Zone 8a)
January 9, 2014
Everwilde Farms is a great company! I have purchased from them several times and I always get great service and quality seeds.
My last order was made at the first of November and they got lost in the mail.
Everywilde took care of the tracking of the lost seeds and the replacements, I had my new seeds in less than a week.
I love the new Gold Vault seed packets, you can take a few out and reseal them. It's supposed to keep them fresh three times longer than plastic or paper. (I'll take their word for it.)
Thank you very much Everwilde, great service, great tracking, and I love that you take paypal. :)
Positive kenjack123
Asheville, NC
December 26, 2013
Taking a moment to thank three companies that helped me start my small perennial plant biz here in NC and Everwilde is way up there. The selection, pricing, and customer service are incredible as is the quality of the seeds they provide. Thanks so much, already ordered for 2014, smaller than years before as I've had to move to larger wholesale seed companies, but Everwilde, Prairie Moon, and Diane Seeds will always have a special place in my heart..it's where this all started. Thank you so much!
Positive ashley05
Flushing, MI (Zone 6a)
April 24, 2013
The website was easy to use and full of good information. Seeds shipped quickly and came in attractive packaging. I would definitely order from Everwilde Farms again!
Positive COgardener2675
Fort Collins, CO
January 2, 2013
Found my favorite supplier of seeds! For $2.50 I get hundreds of seeds -- sometimes thousands! The selection is great and website very easy to navigate. Delivery was fast. Great company!
Positive Joseph_Cincy
Cincinnati, OH (Zone 6a)
September 19, 2012
I ordered native seeds from Everwilde Farms last fall, wintersowed them, and planted the seedlings this spring and summer. It was my first year with native seeds, and I am happy with the results.

Of the four native seed companies from which I ordered, Everwilde Farms had the best seed packaging. The information on the packets makes wintersowing in 150 milk jugs much easier!
Positive DANIELGOOD
QUITO
Ecuador
September 6, 2012
I recently for the first time placed an order with EVERWILDE FARMS for seeds because of the high rating in DAVES GARDEN WATCHDOG section.ALL my seeds arrived in order without problems.I am now testing germination of the seeds in trays below lights and everything seems to be ok so far.
They were also quick to respond to my emails and answer my questions.
SO for me it is a high positive rating.
DANIEL GOODE
Positive psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
May 12, 2012
I placed two orders for 28 varieties of seed this year, both annual and perennial and have had excellent germination from all of them. Packets are generously filled and prices are very good. If you like wildflowers, especially californian annuals, this is the place to find them.
Positive swarmspot
Balbriggan
Ireland
February 6, 2012
I can't get over the quality of service and great value for money provided by Steve. Not to mention the personal attention to detail. I've ordered several million seeds from them over the last six months with only one delay on Zinnia's which Steve explained was beyond his control and offered a refund or to ship the seeds when they became available.

They are now my number one choice for seeds.

I also find the Web site a great source of information and photos when producing marketing material.
Positive BotanicalBoi
Carrollton, GA (Zone 7b)
December 7, 2011
I ordered from 3 companies this year. Everwilde, Swallowtail and Center of the Webb. I love Everwildes site best. Their shipping speed was awesome! The amount of seeds were plenty, especially for the price. Shipping was fair. Can't wait to see the germination rates. I will follow up in the spring. Thanks Everwilde!
Positive Windy
Belleville , IL (Zone 6b)
November 17, 2011
I found a lot of my favorite seeds here and ordered them.
I hope the aster that I picked will be the mystery one I grew in Alabama. It was so pretty.
I especially love perennial sunflowers and they had several to choose from.
I look forward to growing these when the time is right in 2012.
I found them on the Garden Watchdog where I always research companies before placing an order.
I had a question about my order and Steve answered promptly.
Positive augenwink
Spokane, WA
August 26, 2011
My transaction was simple: I ordered a single packet (dwarf red coneflower); received it promptly neatly packaged , fully labelled, and included thorough instructions. EVERWILDE treated my small order with the same care that others have reported for more complex and larger orders. Prices and seed quantity were more than reasonable. Nice touch.
Positive Wildflower_VA
Raphine, VA (Zone 6a)
March 16, 2011
I ordered from this company for the first time last fall. At that time, I could only give my experience as to their excellent selection, pricing and shipping--all of which were above par. Now that spring is here and I have planted my native wildflower seeds, I can attest to to the fact that the seed germinates at a rate much higher than is listed on the package. To begin with, you get a lot of seeds for the price you pay, and then the seeds exceed all expectations as to quality. That's a powerful combination. Customer service is excellent at this company and they have the best shipping costs in the business. I appreciate that I only paid the cost to ship my product, and didn't have to pay an exorbitant price to have a bunch of advertising mailed to me with my product. Their packaging is excellent, as well. I can't say enough good about this company.
Positive orraindrop
Coquille, OR
March 4, 2011
This company has a great variety of seeds to choose from. They had my items to me within a week of ordering. Prompt shipping an a great customer service will have me ordering from this company again in the near future! They give you a great quantity of seed for a great price.
Positive nraybrown
Atlantic Beach, FL
February 3, 2011
Seeds were shipped timely. Package contained generalized planting instructions, and each each seed packet contained specific planting instructions.
Positive SherrySKennedy
Hillsdale, WY
January 28, 2011
I just received seeds for three types of grass from Everwilde Farms; Zizania aquatica, Uniola latifolia and Glyceria striata. The seeds arrived quickly from the time I ordered. These seeds do require cold stratification, but thankfully they did come with instructions on how to do this. This is my first order with this company. I like them very much so far.
Positive spiny1000
LillestrÝm
Norway (Zone 5a)
October 26, 2010
Very fast and reliable delivery to Norway! Seedportions available in several sizes, and the standard portions are larger than any other seedcompany encountered, giving them an advantage! I have been buying several times from this company, and will do it again!
Positive cactusstl
Saint Louis, MO
July 6, 2010
I have nothing but the BEST to say about this company. Fair price, fantastic seeds, with GREAT results and delivered in a rapid fashion. What more can you ask for?
Positive mgurley
Charlotte, NC
May 26, 2010
Nothing but good things to say about Everwilde. Excellent selection of wildflowers, great germination information, very reasonably priced. Wonderful customer service, ordered through their website on Sunday night and the seeds were in my mailbox Tuesday.
Positive obscurity2
Glenmont, NY
February 21, 2010
Seeds ordered January 26th, all received January 30th.
Will report back in late spring on germination.
This has been a good year for me, seeds ordered from 10 companies and everything now received.
Positive Tink2U
Rockford, IL
February 14, 2010
I found this company through the Watchdog and I must say I am quite pleased with the order I just received. Not only was the order filled promptly and completely, the packaging is outstanding. Full info on the back in type size easy enough to read even with bi-focals! The actual photos of the plants on the front are very colorful and easy to locate in a pile of seed packs.
I guess what I like the best about the company is their selection.....simply outstanding selection of common and hard to find wildflowers. I have been looking since last year for Wild Indigo (Baptisia Tincotoria.) Although a lot of catalogs say they hve Wild Indigo, it is usually the blue flowering kind, not the yellow flowering kind which I was looking for to use as a natural plant based dye.
Clear, easy to use web site along with the above positives are going to make me a repeat customer!
Positive Karyl7b
Dawsonville, GA (Zone 7b)
December 29, 2009
Before I placed an order with Everwilde Farms I emailed them a question. I received a very prompt, professional and clear reply which I was quite happy with. Placed an order and received my seeds within a week. All went very smoothly.

The native plant selection Everwilde Farms carries is great, they had several things which I had been looking for. Along with their quality customer service and quick order turn around I would buy from them again.

My seed order was placed in December and they are for winter sowing, I will report back on how germination goes this spring. I expect that it will be fine as the company is tops in all other respects.
Positive herd33
Youngsville, NC
December 5, 2009
I have now placed multiple orders from Everwilde through both their website and eBay store. I am extremely pleased with their service and selection, and will be purchasing more seeds from them in the future!
Positive debbies_dirt
Robert Lee, TX (Zone 8a)
March 18, 2009
Ordered my bluebonnet seed and it got here only a few days later, great customer service, great pricing, and the web site it great too. Will be buying from them again.
Positive jleigh
Ballston Lake, NY (Zone 5a)
July 6, 2008
This company is one of my favorites for wildflower seeds. Their prices are great and the seed is some of the best quality I have received. Plus they are in my home-state of Wisconsin.
The descriptions and images are most helpful when buying new seeds. And I've found you can even order through Amazon.com. I am very happy with my recent order and I will certainly buy from them again.
Positive brianog
East Sandwich, MA
June 11, 2008
The big bluestem, compass plant, columbine, side oats grama and other seeds arrived promptly. Good service, good selection and good prices.
Positive alicewho
North Augusta, SC (Zone 8a)
May 5, 2008
Recently ordered seeds from Everwilde Farms, they arrived in less then a week.
Love their selections and prices!
Positive Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM
March 1, 2008
I ordered several packs of seeds and was very happy with them. They have a great selection of natives.
Positive cathrn67
louisburg
United States
January 27, 2008
One of the best sites for native seeds! Ordered 23 packs of seeds and all came : ). I have never had the pleasure of this occuring, something is always out of stock at the other companies I have ordered from! This company definitly belongs in the top 30 here!!! Great pictures, accurate descriptions and fantastic instructions. I love the maps of a plants native range, I have bought seeds at other places that state zone 7 only to have them die because they dont grow in my state!! They offer a large selection and their prices are great!
Positive nanasgarden1
Anderson, IN
January 13, 2008
I have ordered many seeds over the years from many different companies and this is one of the best--if not the best! The website is wonderful with pictures, descriptions, charts, etc. The prices are very reasonable and you can order different amounts of seeds and mixes. It is so great to deal with someone who really knows his seeds and Steve is also a very honest person to deal with.
Positive Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA (Zone 8a)
November 18, 2007
I'm ordering for the second time after just discovering Everwilde one month ago. With this company, I am able to one stop shop for individual packages of native wildflowers for my butterfly meadow. They offer a variety of quantities per package for each seed species, and even the smallest package has an extremely generous amount of seeds in them. The website offers good information about the seeds they offer so that I can make wise selections. I have a two page list of native wildflowers I want to sow and this company can supply the majority that's on my list.
Positive CHudnall
Sebring, FL (Zone 9a)
October 15, 2007
So far, everything has been a positive experience for me. :-)

The first thing that struck me about Everwilde website was the plant charts. I LOVE this! My favorite charts are height, soil requirements, light requirements and bloom time. Not only can I pick which chart I want, there are several!, but that each chart gives you all the info that is contained in all the other charts, just mixed within. (My one wish is that the information to interpret the charts be moved higher on the page, possibly above the charts themselves, only because when looking at the chart, I had no guide to go by and had to hunt for it.)

So, there I was exploring all the pages, looking through seed mixes, then the different seeds. It's contagious!!

I went for 2 kinds of seeds, I wound up ordering 17 kinds. When they arrived, which didn't take long, Steve Sykora had written on the receipt letting me know that if I was fall planting that I didn't need to to stratify my seeds, now this was listed on the website, but he wanted to make sure, for all those that don't read the little print. ;-)

Each seed packet has a label on it with all sorts of info, including when they were packaged. I loved that I could determine how many seeds I wanted - they give different options of amounts - yet still be super reasonable in price. Okay, I'll be honest - cheap!

Go to the store and buy a packet of seeds, you get probably 10-15 seeds, depending on seed, and for what.......$1.50- 4.00 per packet.

With Everwilde, just some examples of my order:

Ratibida columnifera (Long-Headed Coneflower):
1000 seeds - $2.50

Castilleja coccinea (Indian Paintbrush):
1000 seeds - $2.50

Aquilegia canadensis (Wild Columbine):
290 seeds - $2.50

The list goes on.. sure, there are some that I get less seeds, yet cost same or more, but I look at what kind they are. To me, Wild Columbine is worth it, it is a native for Florida - so yup, I'm willing to pay for it.

Just my $.02 cents, but Everwilde is one place where I will be heading to again... and again. :-)

-Christine
Positive Equilibrium
March 7, 2007
Difficult to sum up my very positive personal experiences with this company in such a tiny space. I called them looking for seed ideas. It had been my intent to pass out seed packs as a gift when I went to volunteer to work with a decent sized group of people. I figured I needed at least 50 packs but decided to go for 100 packs just in case. I'm sort of picky with seeds and plants, I admit it. He talked to me on the phone and I shared with him my ideas for a give-away seed mix. He then offered his ideas for a seed mix based on my comments and followed up with an e-mail outlining what he thought would work best. Because of his thoughtful comments, we were able to come up with a mix that worked that was also affordable. One stop shopping here. They can obviously cater to the individual as well as to a large group and he kept the prices low for me by offering suggestions of seed I could substitute to keep the pricing down to that which was within my budget. I'm very pleased.

The seed was fresh and was received shortly after I ordered it.

When I received my order, there were handwritten notes on how to split out the seed into individual give-away packs as well as other helpful comments. He even included a sample pack representative of the quantity that I needed to place into each seed pack so that I wouldn't cut myself short. As it turned out, I ended up with 10 extra packs. How very nice. More to share at future activities.
On April 9th, 2007, Equilibrium added the following:

Was extremely pleased with my first order. Placed a second order based on my initial experiences with Everwilde. This order was substantially larger than the first. Again, they helped me custom select the seeds for the mix. I ordered and received 500 packs of custom native seeds for use in educational programming within the community. Couldn't be happier!

I look forward to doing business with this company again.
Positive bobnpatty
Ellensburg, WA
January 8, 2007
This company gave me prompt and knowledgeable service. They really seem to know their seed and I felt great about the return for my dollar .....wildflower info and photos on the website are outstanding, and they respond to contact.