The scoop on 'Banner Flower Farm'

Banner Flower Farm

3532 104th Ave.
Allegan, Michigan 49010 (United States)

Comments:

Positive 2nd_nature
Pamplin, VA
October 17, 2010
Posted on October 6, 2010, updated October 17, 2010
In March I ordered over $50 worth of tubers from these folks. I was impressed with how easy it was to use their website, and the cost of their tubers seemed reasonable. Their website said that they ship the tubers in mid-April, so I patiently waited. And waited, and waited. Finally I emailed them in mid-May saying I had not received the tubers, and got no response. I emailed again, 10 days later, and did get a response; they said they were behind shipments due to a farm incident and would ship them that week (a month behind in shipments?!). When I still had not received the tubers several weeks later, I emailed again. No response. I emailed again another week later, and they said I should have received them, that they had been shipped in late May. I emailed again saying I had not received the tubers. Finally they said they would refund the money. However, it has been another three months, and my credit card has not been refunded. Don't try to contact them by phone either, they just have an answering machine and don't return calls. I would not bother wasting your time and money with this company. They have extremely poor customer service, and I am left to wonder if they are really a business at all, or just an internet front set up to scam people from their hard earned money. Even if they did actually ship the tubers, they could have put some kind of delivery confirmation scan on the package, that way I would know that they had actually been shipped, and it would be obvious that it was a problem with delivery, and not on their end. However, seeing as how they couldn't even respond to my emails in a timely manner and have still not refunded my money, I have no reason to believe that they actually did ship the tubers. I am glad I also ordered dahlias at the same time from Arrowhead, who shipped their dahlias exactly when they said they would, so luckily I have been able to grow some dahlias this year.
On October 17th, 2010, 2nd_nature changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I am changing my rating to positive. After I posted the previous comment I was promptly contacted by the new owner, who took over the business in June. He apologized for my experience, sent a refund check, and offered a generous coupon for a future purchase. I do appreciate this. Good customer service is important, and I believe the new owner/manager of Banner Flower Farm thinks so too.