The scoop on 'Brewery Creek Garden Center'

Brewery Creek Garden Center

Belle Plain, Minnesota 56011 (United States)

Visit Brewery Creek Garden Center at:

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:

Comments:

Positive jburroug
Portville, NY
February 9, 2010
There was a mix up at my local post office and I was unable to pick my plant order up until the plants were nearly dead. Brewery Creek replaced my plants at no cost to me, even though the fault was not theirs.

Also, my pepper plants from Brewery Creek grew to more than twice the size of any pepper plant I had ever purchased or grown. The plants were so laden with vegetables that they hardly looked real. I would estimate that they produced six times the number of peppers than any others.
Negative srodarte
Springfield, OH
May 10, 2008
I ordered tomato plants from this company on April 19 and the website indicated that plants would be shipped on May 1. By May 7, I still had not received my order and called the company. I was told someone would return my call. On May 8, I called again, as I still hadn't received my plants and no one had returned my call or emailed me. I was again told that someone would contact me.

I received the plants on May 9 with no call or email to let me know they were coming. They were extremely poorly wrapped - just a single sheet of newspaper wrapped around them and shoved into a post office cardboard box with no other padding - and completely dry. This shipping cost me $11 for 6 plants (which is their minimum order). The plants were crushed and wilted, and some of the branches were broken.

I called the company to complain about the poor wrapping and finally spoke with someone who could answer questions. We agreed that I would water the plants and he would call back the next morning to see how they were doing. I watered them and placed them in the shade, which I would have done anyway, and left them until this morning. They were still pretty droopy and showing signs of stress. When I received the phone call - he actually did finally keep his word about that - I told him what the plants looked like. He didn't seem to believe me and kept saying that the plants were appropriately wrapped. Finally, although I only asked to have my $11 shipping charge refunded, as I thought I could probably nurse the plants back to health, he stated that he would refund all the money.

Unfortunately, it's too late in the season to order plants from anywhere else, so if these don't make it, I won't have tomatoes this year. In addition, the defensiveness and refusal to listen to WHY the packaging wasn't enough to protect the plants during shipping have convinced me never to order from this company again.
Positive CarenG
Belle Plaine, MN
January 14, 2007
Brewery Creek has been a terrific garden center for me! I have found the variety of plants, flowers, veggies, etc. give me ideas for plantings that don't look just like my neighbors. It's fun to try new things. The selection of heirloom tomatoes has me constantly expanding my garden. This has been my garden destination for over 20 years; I look at other places, but always buy here.