The scoop on 'Royal Colors (RoyalColors.com)'

Royal Colors (RoyalColors.com)

Negative vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
June 15, 2012
Posted on February 20, 2008, updated June 15, 2012
Bulbs were huge and shipped promptly. The ones that have bloomed were accurate, don't expect any problems.
On March 16th, 2009, vossner added the following:

One bulb was not what I ordered and I brought it to seller's attention. The following season they sent the correct item. Communications and follow up were great.
On June 15th, 2012, vossner changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I have change my rating from positive to negative as I think some aspects of they way Royal Colors does business are not going to sit well with their American clientele. I thought long and hard before changing my rating--I am fully aware of how hard the nursery business is, even more so, the mail order side. However, I think my recent experience needs to be brought to light, especially for those who fancy themselves as amaryllis collectors.

I ordered bulbs from the end of season sale, wanting to expand my pink collection. To make the story short, I got substitutes which weren't even close to what I wanted and their explanation was that email correspondence advising me of out of stock items would have taken time away from meeting the shipping deadline. IOW, to heck w/ what I wanted, meeting shipping cutoff date was more important. wow!!!

I was told the desired bulbs would be sent to me with afuture order. Are they serious! I can't imagine RC thinks they deserve my patronage when they didn't give me the option to either approve the subs, delay the order or cancel.

The conversations were polite and the plant material was of excellent quality. But it was not what I ordered. Paying high $$$ to an overseas vendor who is not going to send me what I want or tell me they're sold out is absolutely, positively, not acceptable in my book. I will stick with domestic sources.
Positive linette2001
Gainesville, FL (Zone 8b)
May 17, 2012
I ordered from their special with mystery bulbs. My package was shipped when they said it would. The bulbs were huge and I have gorgeous blooms. They offer varieties not readily available elsewhere. Highly recommend.
Positive bsharf
Palm Coast, FL (Zone 9a)
February 1, 2007
Good selection of correctly identified and healthy Amaryllis bulbs with a timely delivery. Customer Service is excellent. A little more expensive but well worth it.