The scoop on 'Sequim Rare Plants'

Sequim Rare Plants

500 N. Sequim Ave.
Sequim, Washington 98382 (United States)

Phone: 360-683-6244

Comments:

Positive frahnzone5
Bensenville, IL (Zone 5a)
April 30, 2014
Posted on April 30, 2013, updated April 30, 2014
I give this company a triple A rating. It was my first order from them but it certainly will not be my last. . I was very happy with the size and quality. The plants were well packaged and in deep root pots. If you are looking for the unusual I would definitely check out their catalog. I only wish my budget had allowed me to buy more from them.
On April 30th, 2014, frahnzone5 added the following:

Just got my 2014 order. Great plants - well grown, well packaged. Highly recommend this small, friendly nursery.
Positive JCG
Anchorage, AK
May 16, 2013
living in Anchorage Alaska..We sometimes receive very bruised merchandise..BUT SEQUIM Rare Plants really blew my mind with their lovely plants and their wrapping and handling was suburb,,

Thanks SEQUIM Rare Plants..I shall return...

JOYCE GLAZE
Anchorage AK..
Positive lemurianne
Ida Grove, IA (Zone 5a)
May 1, 2013
I received my first order from Sequim just today, and it definitely won't be my last! The plants are big and healthy in deep pots, carefully wrapped and packaged and many of them are blooming! Really great value for the price, in my experience -- I have ordered rare dianthus, for example, for the same price and received tiny, newly rooted cuttings, whereas these are BIG, well-rooted and happy and will no doubt bloom this year. Communication was great, prompt, friendly and helpful. They sent me lots of their own gorgeous brochures, packed with tons of information, even before my order shipped. Highly recommended!!
Positive whaisname
Oyster Bay, NY
September 16, 2012
I had my first experience with Sequim Rare Plants and couldn't be happier! My order included Deinanthe "Blue Wonder" and the plants were larger than some shrubs I have ordered from other nurseries. The Corydais lutea was not up to the growers standards so I was refunded their cost but the plants were mailed to me anyway with this message "The Corydalis are not looking as good as they should, so a refund for them is enclosed. They are being sent because we think they will look better and grow well for you". Well people like this will always have my business! Thank you Susan and Roger!

Positive kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH (Zone 6a)
May 18, 2012
I recently placed my first order with Sequim Rare Plants. The order was shipped and received in a timely fashion. I received nice healthy, well- rooted plants in soil 5" deep. Plants were in transit for 2 days from Wa state to Ohio. Plants were nicely, securely packaged in newspaper packing.

I am happy with my first order from this company and will order from them again.

Karen
Positive psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
May 13, 2012
My first time ordering. I received the following:Begonia 'Metallic Mist',Calceolaria arachnoidea,Calceolaria 'Sunshine,'Calceolaria 'John Innes' and Tanacetum haradjanii.The plants arrived healthy and in good shape, they perked up quickly once out of the box and have been growing nicely.Catalog is very interesting and professional with lots of cultural information.Judging by the comments for each plant,they know their plants very well.

Positive Ispahan
Chicago, IL (Zone 6a)
April 16, 2012
Received an order last week for that glorious little weed, Corydalis lutea. The order was well packed and each plant was healthy with a large root system. I was extremely pleased and would like to explore some of their other plant offerings in the future.
Positive congminglaoshi
Tuckahoe, NY
April 27, 2011
Just got my order today. Very nice and healthy plants, well packed and of decent size. Upon opening the box I got a nice whiff of the wonderful fragrance of the hermannias, both plants had loads of flowers on them and no damage at all. Highly recommended!
Positive Rosemarylady
Kingston, WA
March 14, 2011
I have recently received my second order from Sequim Rare Plants and I am just as impressed as I was 2 years ago. My plants were packed with care, and had strong root systems. I potted them up and placed then in an unheated greenhouse to wait for spring and already the plants are double the size. I definitely will not wait another two years to order from this fine company.
Positive catloverrachel
Columbia, SC (Zone 8a)
March 11, 2010
Posted on February 26, 2009, updated March 11, 2010
Today I received my first order from Sequim Plants. Wow! Even though the package had to cross the continent to get to me, the plants were in fine shape. The violets even had buds on them. They also included a bonus plant! Susan and Roger are also great at communication. I knew the status of my order at all times. They were not able to send one of my plants because of a killing freeze, and explained this to me via email. The "big box" companies would have just sent me an invoice stating "out of stock" or something similar. I would order again from these folks in a heartbeat. BTW, for you viola collectors, they have a great selection of violets.
On March 11th, 2010, catloverrachel added the following:

Another spring, another order arrives from Sequim Rare Plants. This company has it all - wonderful selection of hard to find plants, good prices, super fast delivery, great customer service! The bonus plant was more expensive than anything I ordered! Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a selection of plants from Sequim.
Positive mieganw
Streamwood, IL
October 2, 2009
The Hyperion Supreme Daylily that I ordered last fall has done beautifully in its first year of growth. It is quite large already and had a lot of blooms, then re-bloomed. They also sent me a bonus daylily which also did well. Great company!
Positive greatorganics
Doerun, GA
September 11, 2009
Excellent. My plants arrived super quick and packed perfectly. You would never know they had been traveling in a box for a couple of days. All plants were healthy, an impressive size, and with robust root systems. I would have to say this is the best experience I have had ordering online to date! In fact, I have been making my list of what I want to order next for Fall planting! Great job, Sequim!
Positive boru
Altoona, WI
July 26, 2009
A previous comment says it best about Sequim Rare Plants....WOW!.....and again I add ....WOW!!!!!

I now have a new number one in my mind's listing. I saw their initial posting a couple of weeks ago. Their website is very nice, so thought I would give them a try with a small order. They have a large selection of "Hen and Chicks," some of which I thought would be fun to give as gifts, and there are many unusual offerings I wanted to give to myself (LOL), including lilies and irises. Turned out one of the irises was sold out. How did I find out.....I got an explanation and very nice apology within a day or two. When my package arrived, I opened the best packed order of plants I have ever seen ....unbelievably well packed. The plants were all in excellent shape and well rooted. Enclosed was an extra plant that was actually bigger than those I ordered. Also included was a check to refund the price of the plant that was out of stock. I was completely impressed with every facet of Sequim's efforts. Since many of their selections would be better planted in the Spring here in Zone 4a, I will wait until then to order from this wonderful company again, but order I certainly will. Thank you to the owners and staff at Sequim Rare Plants for doing such a wonderful job. Have a good day!
Positive echinaceamaniac
(Clint) Medina, TN (Zone 7b)
July 16, 2009
VERY Positive. I was trying to find a Kniphofia "Toffee Nosed" at a fair price because Plant Delights wanted 18 dollars for one plant! I searched and searched and found Sequim Rare Plants. Their price was $10.50. I emailed them after I ordered and they wrote me back a detailed email with instructions for planting. My plant arrived yesterday and they included a bonus plant too. This is one of my most positive experiences ever when shopping for plants online. They have excellent customer service and quality plants.
Positive Aniela
Garland, ME
May 23, 2009
Wow, not only do these folks have wonderful plants, but they put wonderful care into the packing and shipping. That extra care really shows what a great place they are and means we sure hope to do business with them again.

Angela Tyvoll

Aniela
Positive Peony_Anne
Pittsford, NY (Zone 5b)
April 30, 2009
Very quick shipping, nice plants and a bonus primrose! Wow! Very highly recommended for exceptional plants you don't see everyday. I really liked their selection of primroses. They have the auriculas and other hard to find varieties.
Positive Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ (Zone 9a)
February 12, 2009
I am very impressed with this company. The communication aspect was great, my plants were nice sized plants and all came neatly packed and healthy. I also received a bonus plant which I thought was a nice gesture.
Positive PrimroseSue
Medway, MA (Zone 5b)
August 7, 2008
They offer a plant that I had trouble finding in the U.S. (a primula hose-in-hose red). It arrived very healthy looking and packaged well in newspaper and plastic bag. They even sent me a bonus "thank you" primula, of another variety. (No one ever gives away primulas!)
Positive Athenainwi
Madison, WI
May 1, 2008
I had a very good experience with Sequim Rare Plants. The plants that I ordered all arrived at the correct time in very good condition. There was even a bonus plant. The two violets were already blooming. I'm very happy with my order.