The scoop on 'Soil Mender Products'

Soil Mender Products

307 Hwy. 86
Tulia, Texas 79088 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-441-2498

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive elkwc36
Elkhart, KS
June 23, 2013
I have used a few of their products over the last 3-4 years. I made a raised bed out of their raised bed mix this spring. So far the tomato plants are doing great. I also added it to several containers. I will know more about how they do at the end of the season. I'm using their garden soil builder and worm castings also. Both are nice looking products. I will know more after the season and will add and update.
Negative wilypost
Colorado Springs, CO
March 31, 2011
I was excited to find Soil Mender's Raised Bed Mix in my local garden store because I had been looking for a non-peat based soil mix. It was disappointing to say the least. The worst outcome was that I used it to re-pot my 7-year-old Valencia Orange and Meyer Lemon trees, the latter of which had fruited almost every year. The Lemon was dead within two months. The Orange hung on, but it doesn't look like it will make it either. I transplanted tomato seedlings into larger pots. Those died. I set cuttings into pots, a technique I've used every year with success, and those died. I used it as a base for an outdoor planting of Chippewa blueberry, which had an immediate growth spurt, and then weakened through the summer and doesn't look like it's going to reappear this Spring. The only apparent benefit was to some hostas and sweet cicely that I divided and replanted. They did well over the summer. How they will do this year is to be determined. Anyway, it was if their Raised Bed Mix was poison instead of organic soil. Weird.
Neutral hellokitty541
Spring, TX
March 19, 2011
Okay, @Realgardenguru - you have to realize that Vinegar is an acid, something that you yourself should know. How it got in your dogs eyes, I don't know, but you cannot seek litigation for something that is your own fault. Not to mention you should also know that because it is an acid, you should have immediatly started to run water over the dogs eyes.

@DallasEric - Where did you purchase these products? And why were they so terrible? What products did you purchase and why did they smell so bad?
Negative realgardenguru
North Richland Hills, TX
January 12, 2010
I purchased some soil Mender enhanced vinegar and some plant wash. The enhanced vinegar got in my dogs eyes and he is blinded to this day. I purchased it based on the radio guy, Howard Garrett(dirtdoctor.com), recomending it. This product is not epa listed or FDA approved. It is just some home brew they are passing off as organic and as a weed killer. I feel it is much more dangerous than any chemical available. I am going to seek litigation against Soil Mender Products and Howard Garrett. Howard Garrett and Soil Mender are only in it for the money and don't care that their products hurt people or pets. Buyer beware...Don't buy anything from these crooks!
Positive VKL
Cincinnati, OH
March 23, 2009
I ordered the granulated elemental soil sulphur. I am very pleased. The granules are very small, easy to spread and will disolve quickly. Much more quickly than those small disk like pellets from other organic gardening companies. I put out some from another very well know company and it has only partially dissolved. That was 6 months ago. I also ordered another item which I have not opened or used.

My order arrived promptly. The invoice was in an envelope which was nice. It kept any dust or dirt from getting on it.

This was my first time ordering from this company. Based on my experience I would recommend and order from them again.
Negative DallasEric
Dallas, TX
June 30, 2008
I purchased several of their products and all were of poor quality. If I would have wanted just dirt, I would have just dug it up in my backyard. It would have worked better and not stank soo bad! This is a company with no integrity. Buyer BEWARE!!!
Positive greenthumb1955
Grand Prairie, TX
March 13, 2007
Back to Earth Cotton Burr Compost is awesome stuff. I also love their other products. They recently added a spot on their website to order the products direct. You can't go wrong with their products, they are top-notch!