The scoop on 'ECHO (Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization)'

ECHO (Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization)

17391 Durrance Rd.
North Ft. Myers, Florida 33917 (United States)

Comments:

Positive DanMcNellen
Lake Worth, FL
October 23, 2012
One of my favorite places to go in Fort Myers. All of the staff are helpful and are happy to help you. Tons of seeds/plants and even more information on gardening.

Truly A Must See If You Are In The Area.
Positive Noell_swfl
Fort Myers, FL (Zone 10a)
June 3, 2006
I grew up down the road from there! They are so cool and the perople are really nice! Everytime I have been there the place is clean and they are very much inot Please don't touch! no jerms!

The tours are really nice!
Positive PtchwrkFarm
July 9, 2005
I have watched the growth and development of ECHO for about 15 years. As a writer of gardening articles and books, I am especially impressed by the careful and accurate advice they give to those who request seed from them, and by the scope of their offerings to workers in third-world countries. I have had good results from the chaya cuttings that I ordered from ECHO. Their directions were helpful. When I grow tired of all the sad and discouraging daily news, I find hope in the practical, well-run, life-affirming work that ECHO carries on quietly, day after day, around the world. I too have been glad to contribute to their work.
Positive jsinger
January 1, 2000
They're four-square and their products are high quality. Also, if you live in the near tropics, a [free] subscription to their EDN [ECHO Development Notes] newsletter is a must read. It's wonderful stuff; if you're ever in Ft. Myers, I'd say a visit is a must.
Positive michaelrbubb
December 1, 1999
They sell a select variety of seeds for US gardeners. Some I have never found elsewhere: seminole pumpkin (Cucurbita moschata), Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa), Cranberry Hibiscus (Hibiscus acetosella). They have a wealth of information about all of their seeds, and are a pleasure to do business with. You will probably end up on their mailing list for future donations, but amazingly, I didn't mind this a bit- I even have made some donations! My opinion is that they are a spectacular organization with a good cause.