The scoop on 'Eastfork Nursery'

Eastfork Nursery

Eastfork Nursery has 78 products listed in PlantScout.

La Center, Washington 98629 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive gamc00
Tarpon Springs, FL
March 9, 2014
Im really amaze about the customer services in this company: one on one to try to chose the right maple, rapid response, and a good quality of product
They shipped in excellent conditions, no broken branches and with specifics instructions. I will recommend them for future purchases

Positive nrcjlc
Covington, GA
December 31, 2013
This feedback is a little delayed. We ordered a Hana Matoi early summer. We live on the east coast and tree arrived in 4 days. Very fast delivery and packaged very well. My wife and I are very pleased with our order and plan on ordering more in the future. Tree arrived in excellent condition. Even my mom is wanting to order her first Japanese Maple from here.
Neutral lyda0930
Potomac Heights, MD
July 20, 2013
The four Jpalms I ordered are beautiful and packed for shipping very well with one exception (plant and stake went off center during shipment). I emailed Sam accordingly.
Not finding any care instructions with the plants, I emailed on July 10 whether it is recommended to repot the plants immediately or if the plants can remain in their 1-gal container for a year. I have no reply to date. Communication was excellent pre-sale but rather disappointing post sale. I wonder if Sam has taken a vacation - it is summer time after all. I would like to give her and the company the benefit of the doubt and would consider buying again.
Positive directorrod
Rockton, IL
June 22, 2013
Posted on May 17, 2013, updated June 22, 2013
Eastfork Nursery is always at the top of the list whenever I'm looking for a new Japanese Maple. Sam can be counted on to send beautiful young trees at very reasonable prices. She really cares and it shows. I have been exceedingly happy with all my dealings with Eastfork Nursery.
On June 22nd, 2013, directorrod added the following:

Two new JMs from Eastfork arrived yesterday. Beautiful specimens and I couldn't be happier. You can count on Sam!
Positive plantgnome1
nowhere land, NY (Zone 6b)
June 8, 2013
This was my first order from Eastfork Nursery and it won't be the last-I ordered a Acer palmatum dissectum Red Dragon and it arrived today. I must say I have almost never seen packaging as secure and safe than this one. The tree is a real beauty, the lacy foliage is so delicate and beautifully red, it arrived at about 3 feet tall. I had the planting hole already prepared for its arrival with organic matter, tree bark mulch worked into the soil as well as below where the root ball went. I didn't add soil any higher than it was in its pot. I put a short cage around the area to prevent any rampaging squirrels from knocking into it. Can't wait to see it get wider and fuller. Customer service is excellent as well as the directions that came with the tree. Highly recommend!!!
Positive jmlrunhigh
Grove City, PA
May 7, 2013
A+++++++++++Seller!!!!! Always sends the best healthiest trees. If I am looking for a specific tree or just to add to my collection, Eastfork is the first and usually the only place I buy from online or EBAY!!
Positive magnaastra
Charleston, IL (Zone 6a)
May 4, 2013
My, oh, my! Is Miss Samantha ever an AWESOME lady to business with, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart!!! There was a problem with my first order, so she very kindly, promptly, and cheerfully replaced the first sad little thing with an absolutely huge, perfect, and gorgeous Koto No Ito maple. If there were more folks like Sam out there in the retail sector, plant Heaven would be within reach for those of us who are nothing but hopeless plant addicts. Do not hesitate to buy your maples from Eastfork Nursery. WOW!!!
Positive shameless4108
Evansville, IN
October 26, 2012
Just received my very first purchase from Sam! I have to say that I am totally impressed with the care given to packaging and the heath of my Japanese Maples. I will be a repeat customer for many years to come.
Positive Chemfree3
Vineland, NJ
September 15, 2012
So pleased that I purchased an Amber Ghost maple from Eastfork..a high quality nursery. Sam kindly took a picture of the tree, so I could see it before purchasing. With so much heat this summer, I was concerned about how well it would do being boxed for five days while in transit to NJ. She tagged it and saved it until I notified her that the weather here was ideal for planting. It was shipped on a Monday and arrived on Saturday in perfect condition-even better than trees at the local nurseries. Must add that the price, including shipping, was better too!
Positive Bionoid
Carmody Hills-Pepper Mill Village, MD
April 27, 2012
Great Maple seller. Bought "Villa Taranto" and "Geisha" from Eastfork nursery. they were 1 gallon. The "Villa Taranto" arrived in great condition. but the "Geisha" weren't so lucky, got shock from shipping. + "Geisha" are known for being super temperamental. Sam the Maple Lady full refund and I ordered a 2 gallon "Ukigumo" Loving both plant i got from her. will deal with this seller again in future.
Positive ylekot
Paxton, MA
June 14, 2011
Very positive experience. Tree came across country unharmed and in great shape. Very Happy would buy from again. Thank you.
Positive jodoinp
June 14, 2011
This is what I wrote to this nursery:

Just a note to say my Japanese maples arrived in splendid condition. Your packaging was so complete and loving that I feel I have made a plant adoption rather than a plant purchase. Congratulations and thanks.
Positive sthomson
Hudson, NH
May 30, 2011
Moles ate my cherished 10 year Japanese Maple two years ago and I could not find anyone who could replace it. After reading many reviews on line, I found Sam (Smantha) at Eastfork Nursery. I decided to purchase two Japanese maples. Sam could not have been more helpful, even ready to snap a picture of the selected plants for me. The plants arrived in excellent conditioned packed snuggly with care into the shipping box.

They showed no stress and thrived right out of the box. And that's after being shipped across country (NH). I will definitely be ordering more from Eastfork.
Positive Queala
Newport, MI (Zone 5b)
May 30, 2011
What a great Japanese maple!! Tree was at least three feet tall and nicely branched.Called Sam and placed my order and tree arrived well packed and in the pot! By far the best packing of any maple I have ordered. I will be ordering again. Thanks.
Positive dirt_idig
Stuart, VA
April 30, 2011
I am so glad to have ordered from Sam at Eastfork Nursery. I ordered 2 japanese maples and they were shipped across the country (as I live in Va), arriving in perfect condition. I couldn't be more satisfied if she came and dug the hole for me!!
You won't go wrong dealing with this company.
Positive QBOY6969
Roanoke, VA
April 25, 2011
Sam (Samantha) at Eastfork Nursery is a delight to deal with...and SO HELPFUL. The japanese maples purchased from her were well packed, shipped on time, BEAUTIFULLY HEALTHY and have thrived !!! Purchase from her and you'll be a happy gardener.
Positive ruggedruss
Orting, WA
September 6, 2010
Over the past two years, I have purchased between 15 and 20 Japanese maples from "Sam" at Eastfork Nursery. The trees have all been between one and three gallons in size. Every maple I have received has been in great health and looks just it's picture from the listings. The prices are very reasonable and she has a great selection to choose from. What really sets Eastfork Nursery apart from any other mail order nursery I have ever received plants from is the condition of the trees when they arrive at my house. The great care that is taken in gently binding the branches and wrapping the trees before placing them in their shipping containers is nothing short of amazing! I recently received a three gallon maple that has tightly clumped sets of leaves all over it which had over 100 leaves on it. After removing the tree from the box it was shipped in and unwrapping the branches that had to be bound for shipping, I realized that not a single leaf had fallen off in my unpacking. The tree had been picked up by FedEx three days earlier and not a single leaf was anywhere other than where it should be... ON the tree! That is the type of excellent care and customer service I have learned to expect from Eastfork Nursery. I purchase plants from probably ten online nurseries on a regular basis and Eastfork Nursery gets the highest marks for communication, cost, plant quality, and customer service. I highly recommend this nursery to anyone looking to purchase JM's!
Positive Alicha
Killingworth, CT
September 26, 2009
We’ve been blessed with a superb selection of Japanese maples from Eastfork Nursery this season. Without exception, every specimen we purchased was full, gorgeous, and healthy (even after a five-day transport across the country.) As a matter of fact, every maple we’ve received this season (several dozen) exceeded our expectations. For Japanese maples, Eastfork Nursery has become our sole supplier, without a doubt. Sam ‘The Maple Lady’ Hatch, provides professional, courteous, and prompt advice. An absolutely delightful and ultra-reliable person to deal with.
Positive ipowell
Temecula, CA
July 26, 2009
I just received a beautiful Purple Ghost (Japanese maple). It's large and healthy and I'm very pleased. The transaction was easy and delivery quick. Packaging was great. I would recommend them to anyone who might want to know.
Positive GreatDane2
Fredericksburg, VA
May 22, 2009
I received an Acer Palmatum from East Fork Nursery a few days ago and I am very pleased with this plant. It is a very healthy and totally gorgeous Japanese Maple. Great care was taken when packaging the plant and Fedex did a great job handing it. It was delivered to my front door in Virginia, at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend Eastfork Nursery.
Positive krueller
Brookpark, OH
April 29, 2009
First time i bought a maple from them & i will buy again. What a beautiful specimen i received. The maple is fully in leaf & came to me in Ohio in the best shape of anything i have ever received !! Sam really cares for her Maples & it really shows. I highly recommend them.
On July 6th, 2009, krueller added the following:

This is the beginning of July 2009 & i have bought my second Maple from Sam @East fork Nursery & this to came to me looking great & totally intact . So happy to find their nursery. They are the best !!
Positive GreenandGrowing7
Marcola, OR
February 11, 2009
The two Japanese Maples I ordered from Eastfork Nursery were large and well branched. Sam did a great job packaging the trees for shipping, and they arrived in perfect condition. She quickly replied to my emails and answered all my questions. Because of the obvious care Sam gives to her plants, I would highly recommend ordering from this nursery. I would not hesitate to order from Eastfork again!
Positive dseaman
Birmingham, AL
November 11, 2008
I ordered two Japanes maples from Eastfork Nursery. Sam personally contacted me to let me know that one variety was too small for her standards. She suggested alternatives based upon my sun/soil situation. She packed, shipped, and inquired about the delivery and my satisfaction. I'll buy again. Thank you. It was a great experience.
Positive Herman_Neutics
Philadelphia, PA
October 5, 2008
Eastfork is a reliable and knowledgeable verdor. Trust Sam for good service and honest dealings.
Positive prairiestyle
Omaha, NE
July 14, 2008
Nothing but the best from Eastfork! I have bought multiple times from them, and have been more than satisfied with every order. Sam grows beautiful trees, and it's easy to see that she cares for their well-being. Each tree has been wrapped and packaged with obvious care, and they have all thrived in my yard. Plus they're all well-branched, perfectly grafted, and quite healthy.

If you order a Japanese maple from Eastfork, rest assured that you'll be satisfied with the tree you receive.
Positive maplerose
Nipomo, CA (Zone 8a)
May 26, 2007
I have nothing except the best to say about this nursery!
Sam is very nice to work with and she knows what she is talking about and truly loves the Japanese maples. I am going to tell my friends about East Fork and my great experience with them. If you want to do mail order this is the place to go.
Positive Davidsan
Springfield, IL (Zone 6a)
March 30, 2007
Sam at Eastfork is great to deal with ...she gives personal attention and jpegs of her product and has a nice well rounded selection... Her packaging is first rate and shipping prices are good (if you buy more than one tree). Her prices on most items are very reasonable for the size and age of plants. She is a great person to deal with and you won't be sorry if you buy from her ...I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a bit larger older more mature JM's than you can find most places ...her trees are healthy and well grafted. David
On September 2nd, 2007, myersphcf added the following:

I have now been dealing with Sam and Eastfork for over a year and have bought several trees from her ...I can say with no hesitation you can feel free to buy from her witrh TOTAL confidence and can gurantee you'll getting top quality Jm's at a good price ... I give it my top rating ..David
Positive jillofall
Colorado Springs, CO (Zone 5a)
March 16, 2007
Excellent packaging and customer service. I'm very happy with the dwarf Hinoki Cypress (Chamaecyparis obtusa Nana Gracilis).
Positive oticon
Manvel, TX
February 19, 2007
Eastfork has excellent customer service, quick replies and shipping, secure and safe packing, great prices and outstanding japanese maples. I highly recommend them and will buy from them again.