The scoop on 'Pecan Quest'

Pecan Quest

333 Braden School Road
Ponca City, Oklahoma 74604 (United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Comments:

Positive SoutheastIndy
Indianapolis, IN
July 3, 2011
Bought quite a few stratified pecan seeds from Mr. Rice. I was really pleased with the fast shipping and service I received. Plan on buying some more items soon.
Positive WUVIE
Hulbert, OK (Zone 7a)
March 3, 2011
We have purchased pecan grafting wood from Wes for several years.

Our most recent order was as expected, always packaged well, shipped promptly and with wonderful results. Though my husband is the grafter, I know he is extremely pleased with the scionwood obtained from Pecan Quest.

When I asked my husband if he wanted to make any additional comments about this company, he responded "Make sure you tell them I look forward to more wood next year."

Thank you, Wes.
Roger & Karen Manasco
Oklahoma
Positive bigfoot
Huntington, AR
March 9, 2007
Pecan Quest primarily sells scion wood from approx 80 cultivars of nut trees. Wes Rice has been in business for 25 years and I found him to be very knowledgable, even giving me suggestions on what type of pecan and Persian walnut varieties that I should use. As an amateur, I was pleasantly surprised that three grafts took and grew approx three feet last year. I have already received additional grafts for spring grafting (NW Arkansas) when the bark slips. His price for this spring is $1.50 for each one ft stick (you can get two grafts from each stick) and charges $5.00 for priority mailing. For the real amateurs, he will also sell you an excellent book on grafting. If you order, make sure to keep your scion wood refrigerated until you graft and also keep it wet and cool while you are grafting. Give Mr. Rice a call or e-mail. I recommend him highly.