The scoop on 'Classic Viburnums'

Classic Viburnums

1385 Q Rd.
Upland, Nebraska 68981 (United States)

Visit Classic Viburnums at:

Comments:

Positive DonnaMack
Elgin, IL (Zone 5a)
April 30, 2014
Posted on April 9, 2014, updated April 30, 2014
I just received five of the most outrageously fabulous viburnums from Gary Ladman of Classic Viburnums. Perfectly wrapped and shipped, they are wonderful, and a fraction of the cost of the ones I could buy here. I pretty much knew which plants I wanted, having grown viburnums before, but Gary led me to some new cultivars, and his communication was the best I have ever enjoyed. He actually called to ask if I still wanted the plants I had ordered last year, and asked if I wanted delayed shipping. I had been dreaming of them all winter.

Having had this experience, I will never again buy a viburnum in a garden center. Why do that when I can get beautiful plant material, outstanding customer service, perfect yet economical shipping and access to a complete expert and professional?
On April 30th, 2014, DonnaMack added the following:

Happy with my initial purchase of five viburnums, I emailed Gary Ladham about the possible purchase of two carlesi, asn asked whether he had a compactum, a full size, a suggestion? I am happy to say that days later Sue Ladham emailed me about the shipment of two plants. Expertly packaged, they were in bloom in the box, and no a flower was out of place. I would like to mention as I did in my original review how beautifully branched these plants are.

One thing I truly respect, beyond the care put into the plants and the time spent with me as a relatively small customer, is the fact that one is invoiced after delivery. It is clear that the customer's satisfaction is paramount.

I am so pleased with my two carlesis that I have decided to install them in a far more prominent location than I had planned. They are too beautiful to be missed.
Positive Jazzmom
Syosset, NY
April 19, 2014
After finding this website on the net, I called their number and spoke with Gary Ladman for a long time to discuss the purchase of 2 'Conoy' Viburnums which I have purchased elsewhere in the past and were no longer able to be found on Long Island where I live. He described the shipping process to me and how they would arrive (UPS). Upon opening the box, the plants were packaged very well with newspaper and packing tape and some bubble wrap around the top of the shrubs. The root systems were healthy and intact when I removed the shrubs from their pots. These are a semi evergreen to evergreen viburnum. There were leaves on the 2 shrubs and both plants were labeled.
Only negative I can say is that the company does not accept credit cards and once the item is received, a personal check is sent to this company. I think that the company does not want to deal with credit card companies and their high fees to merchandisers. I would definitely do business with this company again despite this.
Positive UKtransplant
Riverside, IL
September 26, 2013
100% happy. A great nursery run by knowledgable professionals who really care about what they do and are a pleasure to do business with. Fabulous variety you can't find anywhere else. Well rooted and strong plants--no cheap tricks or short cuts on the cultivation practices here: these are grown well--and I have no doubt that they will overwinter nicely too. The packaging job to Chicago was military spec. Truly Flawless. The viburnums looked like they had just travelled down the block. Thank you Classic Viburnums, I'll be back again.
Positive 1alh1
Sidney, OH (Zone 6a)
May 30, 2012
I, too, took ViburnumValley's recommendation to place an order with Classic Viburnums. I spoke with Gary, the owner, at length before selecting the perfect viburnum to pollinate my Blue Muffin. Gary was extremely helpful in steering me in the right direction, and even placed two follow-up calls to make sure I was satisfied and knew exactly how to plant and care for my new shrub. It arrived in perfect condition with no leaf loss or wilting. My 'Little Joe' is now thriving and looking healthy thanks to an experienced nurseryman, expert advice, and personalized service.
Positive Clove
Union City, NJ
February 23, 2012
I am an avid plant hobbyist who has been mail-ordering plants for thirty years. As a customer, I am exceptionally satisfied placing and receiving an order from Classic Viburnums and their website ClassicViburnums.com. Their user-friendly website offers a "Viburnum Library" with complete horticultural information on each plant. I'm impressed by their listing of both traditional and rare, hard-to-find Viburnums. When I unpacked my Classic Viburnum shipment, I was left breathless with the size, health, beauty, and elegance of the plants. At Classic Viburnums, I receive excellent personable and friendly customer service. The plants that I order have full healthy growth, strong roots, and are meticulously packaged to arrive in perfect condition. I highly recommend Classic Viburnums to beginning and highly experienced gardeners alike. And to those hard-to-impress seasoned gardeners, I must say that ClassicViburnums.com is truly a new adventure in gardening.
Positive AnnieBBB
(Zone 5b)
May 26, 2010
I rate this company as OUTSTANDING!!! Wow, Gary went above and beyone to help me with the huge task of selecting the correct Viburnums, not only for my zone but for color, fruit production, their pollinators and for year around interest. He was so patient with my many newbie questions. The plants were shipped lightening fast and in Perect Condition. I hate to think of the hours he spent on the packaging! They were shipped as though they were made of glass. I also owe a huge thank you to Mr. "ViburnumValley" for recommending Classic Viburnum and his recommendations for plants as well. None of this would have been possible without their combined help. I'm thrilled with the selection of HEALTHY plants and look forward years of beauty. My birds & I thank you!!