The scoop on 'Wild Iris Rows'

Wild Iris Rows

6017 Hwy. 76E
Springfield, Tennessee 37172 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive CAndersen
Apple Valley
United States
July 3, 2014
Wild Iris Rows is a great place to buy irises! This is my first year ordering from them and I just had to write this review to say how wonderful they are! Great price, healthy rhizomes, on time delivery, great communication, no complaints here!!! He did give me more work to do as the extras he gave me were most generous! Looking forward to next Spring when I'll see these beautiful irises bloom!
Highly recommended company!
Positive ktinct
AMSTON, CT
June 5, 2014
The best! Healthy rhizomes, photos on the site are fairly accurate, descriptions are spot on, prices are great, everything comes packaged really well, and they give you a couple extra if one of your rhizomes is scrawny. Of my fall planting last year I probably have a 75% bloom rate this year, a couple are just leaves, but really rough winter so that's to be expected. Some of my older ones are even struggling. Overall great experience, you will not be disappointed with WIR. I recommend you stop reading and start ordering!
Positive azaleabud
Asheville, NC
July 6, 2013
On a scale of 1-10, I'm giving Wild Iris Rows a 12 'n a half.

What's the best of all worlds in online plant shopping? In my opinion, it's the combination of fantastic product at fantastic prices. That's EXACTLY what Wild Iris Rows serves up. Just incredible!

I've been ordering iris online for a decade, but this was my first time ordering from Wild Iris Rows. I saw their super low prices and placed my order hoping I would get some halfway decent rhizomes. I'm still amazed by what arrived yesterday, Priority Mail -- WOW, WOW, WOW -- overall the finest rhizomes I've ever received (size-wise and health-wise), professionally packed and with a couple more bonus plants than expected, PLUS at prices that seem even more "too good to be true" than they already seemed BEFORE the package arrived!

My recommendation isn't just high, it's through the roof!

Positive wvrockfarmer
Philippi, WV (Zone 5a)
August 24, 2012
WOW....What a treat! I feel like a (big) kid at X-mas. Great communications, and rhizomes. There were tons of extras of my initial order, and lots of beautiful bonuses. I am so kicking myself for not finding "Wild Iris Rows" sooner. The prices are very reasonable, the product looks wonderfully healthy, the bonuses are exciting, any and all questions are answered quickly, and I am one very pleased customer! Thanks Greg, pleasure doing business with you.
Positive joannjoann
Riverside, NJ
July 21, 2012
iris are good sized with good root system. very generous with bonus plants. extremely nice to deal with. will order from them again.
Positive Merryhat
Alton, MO
November 20, 2011
This is an EXCELLENT company to deal with in every way! Their prices are reasonable and the plants are huge and healthy! I highly recommend them to all...
Positive CTYankeegirl
Mystic, CT
September 18, 2011
Having dealt with several iris growers this summer, I have to say these guys are fantastic! They have a huge selection, great prices and are very nice to deal with. I had to postpone my delivery date due to some health problems I had this summer and they were very accommodating. The iris that arrived were very well packed. They were a very good size (big!) and healthy. I highly recommend them!
Positive Aniela
Garland, ME
August 3, 2011
Very nice and helpful on the phone, all arrived in good condition well prepared, and plenty of bonuses and substitutes according to my wishes. They were just wonderful about it all. I would highly recommend them to all.
Positive mocatmom
Driftwood, TX (Zone 8b)
July 21, 2011
Ditto to all the feedback given by others.

I just received my first order from Wild Iris Rows and I'm amazed at the size and health of these rhizomes - they look like the were dug up this morning! Topping it all off is the fact that Greg included extras of almost every variety I ordered, then included numerous fantastic bonuses as well.
Many of the rhizomes already have new 'starts' developing; I can't wait until next year. I've already started my 2012 wish list and I will DEFINITELY be contacting Greg when it's time to order again!
Positive millerholt
Millersville, TN
July 17, 2011
I found this wonderful place through a gardening friend and went when a great deal were in bloom, near Mother's day weekend. It was a beautiful sight to see so many different types of iris. They have a large, beautiful, and diverse selection of iris. They were very friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful. I am sure I will be a repeat customer for years to come!

I just picked up my order yesterday and am planning my next one. I have already told my mother, sisters, and gardening friends about them and highly recommend them to any and everyone!
Positive oldgriz
Pleasant View, TN
May 7, 2011
Just returned home from placing my order in person. This is my second order. It's AMAZING to see all the flowers in bloom. I had a list when I went or I could have gone broke. Extremely helpful and polite. I will go back.
Positive twinsxtwo
Bunker Hill, WV (Zone 6b)
March 2, 2011
I want to ditto everything that has already been said. I ordered from them for the first time last year. Greg was super friendly and great to communicate with. I ordered 24 different varieties... ALL came with extras and also received several different bonuses!! I will definitely be placing another order this year!! Thank you Wild Iris Rows!
Positive suegardens2
Youngstown, OH
September 1, 2010
I also have to agree with the others and add another highly positive review of this company. I placed an order and even added to it for a total of 20 tall bearded iris and much to my surprise, I received a box multiples of almost every iris ordered and many bonus irises as well. I'd say I received around 60 rhizomes all together. They were rubber banded together and well marked. Thanks, Wild Iris Rows for a great purchasing experience! This may have been my first order, but certainly not my last. My only regret is that I didn't know about this nursery earlier. I will order as many plants as I can from them in the future. And did I mention, most of the irises were only $3.00 each! Wow!
Positive DEMinPA
Selinsgrove, PA (Zone 5b)
August 11, 2010
I received my first order from this company. I ordered two plants of five varieties. I received them today. They arrived in great condition. Very healthy plants and three more varieties as bonuses. I will buy from this company again.
Positive wingnutdad620
Coventry, RI
July 22, 2010
A great place to do business with.

I orginally inquired with them regarding a minimum order size. I had only wanted 1 variety that was soldout from another nursery that I had placed an order with. However, they did have a few older ones that I wanted to try for "rebloom". They were more than willing to accept an offer of 4 rhizomes and adjust the shipping.

Now for the kicker!

My order arrives: Everything is doubles!!! How generous and 2 bonus plants as well.

The rhizomes were firm and healthy. Not as larger as some I've received but not as small as some I've received. In my climate the big Western rhizomes shrink down anyway.
Positive clematisdave
Pylesville, MD
July 18, 2010
Greg was a joy to deal with. His plants and gift iris were a 10. What a pleasant outfit to buy from. See you next season.
Positive mattsmom
Tomah, WI
November 17, 2009
This was my first year ordering from Greg at Wild Iris Rows. It will not be my last. Greg was wonderful at answering emails, remained delightful after I added to my original order at least 2 more times. The iris he sent were terrific with many being only $3. I received multiple rhizomes of each & fantastic bonuses. Great company, great service, great iris!
Positive Maxsmomma
Philadelphia, PA (Zone 6b)
July 29, 2009
Wanted to add my very positive comments to the long list. Greg was extremely helpful and quick to respond to emails and questions. Everything arrived right around the time promised. The rhizomes were healthy, hearty (not quite as large as some from Oregon but very, very nice in size), and came as multiples.

Extremely, extremely pleased with my order.
Positive eellddo
Berryville, AR
July 22, 2009
Just received my shipment, and like others commenting here, I was quite surprised to find multiple rhysomes of nearly every iris I ordered. While some of them are small, together they are more than one large one. This is really great as I can now share some of them with a friend. (I have gotten single rhysomes from other sellers this small.) All the rhysomes are in great shape with dense root structure. All in all a great transaction! THANKS!! eellddo in AR
Positive Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA (Zone 9a)
July 18, 2009
I have to add another highly positive review of this nursery. I placed an order for 20 rhizomes and received a box of at least 50. Many of the ones I had ordered came in multiples of two, three, or even four, neatly rubber-banded together, and there were several bonus irises in the box too.
Positive leedann
Lancaster, TX
July 18, 2009
This company gives great personal service, answers questions, and I would use them over and over.
Positive SusanLouise
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5b)
July 18, 2009
Greg was wonderful...emailing me back every time in a timely fashion...very cordial and so helpful. I even changed my order a month after I placed it and he was kind and didn't complain. The order I received was wonderful...large healthy rhizomes with lovely surprise bonuses too...
Bless your heart Greg...Thank you!
I recommend this company highly!
Positive richK
New York, NY
June 13, 2009
placed an order, but have not received items yet-as it is not shipping time,
however Greg has been very thorough with his followup/quick emails, After placing order, the followup email said that my order ship date was mid to late august [i ordered in june and their july shipping was already full, and I requested a different ship address so that I could receive them while on vacation -he wrote back quickly to ask if i wanted them shipped earlier so I could have them at the original address-and even double checked with me when i had not replied in a few days [i was swamped w/ emails]-so far excellent experience. I can't wait to see if the rhizomes are as amazing as his customer service. I will followup when received.
[PS you have to pay via check/money order, not as convenient as online click and pay, but their prices are so great, its totally worth it]
Positive pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM (Zone 5a)
June 6, 2009
I ordered from this company for the first time in 2008 and got some wonderful iris at very good prices. Greg Hester was out of the one I wanted most and helped me find others that would be similar in color. In addition, I ordered a bunch I had wanted for a long time. Great communication, great rhizomes that took right off for me.
Positive connietn
Brentwood, TN (Zone 7a)
May 6, 2009
I cannot say enough good about this company! I ordered several varieties from them last year. My jaw literally dropped when the package arrived - I have never seen such beautiful, healthy, enormous rhizomes. I didn't know irises could look like that!

A few weeks earlier I had also bought a few varieties from the local Iris society annual plant sale. Those rhizomes were dry and much smaller. I planted both the iris society irises and the ones from Wild Iris Rows. Guess which ones are ALREADY going like gangbusters in my garden? :) I didn't expect any of the irises to bloom this year, but the ones from Wild Iris rows have all bloomed in spectacular fashion.

It is no exaggeration to say that this was the best online plant purchase I have ever made. Greg Hester was so wonderful to email with and very helpful.

If you're on the fence about ordering from them, don't hesitate! You will be so happy that you did!
Positive lovelyiris
Winnsboro, TX
January 31, 2009
Oh wow where do I start. All I can say is that I bought a bunch of irises from Greg at Wild Iris Rows and was VERY pleased with every single plant. Yelp, Greg is awesome and sends great plants and good bonus plants. I'd say you will get a bigger bang for your money by ordering from him.

I also made a suggestion last year for Greg to make things easier for us older gardeners when ordering plants.Now we don't have to hop back and forth from page to page when looking at plants and the prices. Plants are now listed by colors and in alpha order. I just love it when someone trys to make whatever changes are necessary to please their customers. Thanks Greg. Now I'm off to look and see about placing an order for this year.

Can't wait to place another order this year! Marian
Positive Tntigger
Greeneville, TN (Zone 6b)
November 8, 2008
My first year ordering from this company, and it was a real treat. They go out of there way to be so helpful, even knowing what colors I wanted. Really nice selections too!
Positive DGcnm
Corrales, NM
September 5, 2008
From other great reviews on Wild Iris Rows, I checked out their site and was amazed at the prices and great selection.
Being a newbee, I wasn't sure I could still place an order for
this year, so I talked to Greg Hester and he was so nice &
helpful. I received my bulbs in 11 days. What a wonderful
surprise, all in great condition, plus doubles and more and
several bonus bulbs. He also sent me helpful advise on my
soil via e-mail. I have referred two of my friends to them and
plan on ordering more for next year. DGcnm.
Positive gladgrammy
Saint Paris, OH
August 13, 2008
I just received my first iris order ever from Wild Iris Rows. All I can say is "WOW! These rhizomes were shipped at the right time and in good shape and were healthy, freshly dug, and some are downright HUGE!! I only ordered one of each kind but most of them were doubled and one or two he even sent me 3 of! And the bonuses! Incredible!!! One iris rhizome Greg said he thought the leaves slightly discolored [not to my eyes] so he added another bonus along with it in case I was disatisfied! I just can't say enough good things about this company! I will definitely order from Wild Iris Rows again and again!

Sincerely, Sandra Smith
Positive Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ (Zone 9a)
February 26, 2008
I ordered from Greg Hester of Wild Iris Rows for the first time last year. He was helpful, hospitable, generous, and friendly. I was WELL pleased with the irises he sent as well as with the extras he sent. They arrived freshly dug and tagged. He answers e-mails rather quickly and thoroughly.

It was a VERY pleasant experience. Everything went smooth as silk! I highly recommend this iris grower. I would definitely buy from him again. As a matter of fact - - I've already begun my list. :-)
Positive dmac085
Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a)
August 10, 2007
I placed my first order with Wild Iris Rows and couldn't be happier with the great looking iris that I recieved. The communication was terrific. Greg Hester answered my email quickly and let me know about a sold out item so I could make a substitution. I received my order today and have already emailed to see if I can order again. I am so glad to have stumbled across them and within a few years I'm sure I'll own everything they sell:LOL:
On August 11th, 2007, dmac085 added the following:

On November 1st, 2007, dmac085 added the following:

Forgot that I place a late second order which Greg was happy to take care of for me. I received great looking iris and if they tended to be smaller they included up to 3 of the small rhizomes to make up for the small size. I also received 6 bonus iris (2 of each) of Designer Gown, Classic Bordeaux and Fireside Glow. So happy I decided to order from this great company!
Thanks!
On April 30th, 2008, dmac085 added the following:

4/29/08 UPDATE

I planted my iris very late due to procrastination--in mid Dec. during a freak week of 78 degree weather. The best thing happened...the iris that caused me to place my order in the first place (Earthborn) were also the smallest rhizomes, I ordered 3 and 6 small ones were sent...they are my first bloomers! =D They look gorgeous! Several others have strong stalks and buds. I really wasn't expecting much after having planted so late but I was happily proven wrong!
Positive ErnieSilvr
Chewelah, WA
July 28, 2007
If you'd like to be impressed with an iris supplier company, then you'll want to do business with Wild Iris Rows. Greg Hester is just a joy to speak with and he is the most generous business operator I have ever had the privilege of doing business with. Often times he will bundle two or three rhysomes and call them one. Unbelievable, but true. I thought I'd never finish planting all the rhysomes I was blessed with. He is also most generous with bonus plants as well. With over a thousand iris names to choose from, he's a great source to do repeat business with.

With most of his rhysome prices being just $3.00, I've now placed my third order and I can hardly wait to see the next bountiful box full.

Generosity, integrity and great communications made my experience with Greg and Wild Iris Rows TOP SHELF!!!!