The scoop on 'Vermont Wildflower Farm'

Vermont Wildflower Farm

PO Box 96 Route 7
Charlotte, Vermont 05445 (United States)

Phone: 802-425-3641
Fax: 802-425-3641

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Visit Vermont Wildflower Farm at:

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on July 14, 2007:
The Vermont Wildflower Farm, is a famous destination for wildflower gardeners, with 6 acres of wildflower gardens. Established in 1981, The Vermont Wildflower Farmís extensive Seed Shop offers premium proven wildflower seed mixtures for all regions of North America, several specialized mixtures, plus wildflower seeds of over 100 individual wild perennial and annual flowers. We are the largest wildflower seed center in the Northeast. Whether you wish to plant a patch of black-eyed susans or a whole acre of a wildflower mixture, we are here to help! Choose the mixture for your region, shop over 100 individual species, check our hand-gathered and rare species. Our prices are unbeatable for the quality wildflower seed we provide. We offer a full color catalog of our products! Contact us to color your world with wildflowers!

Comments:

Positive reeve1
Plano, TX (Zone 8b)
April 6, 2013
Just received my order and was pleasantly surprised. The Lupine and Foxglove were a little on the small side but the Astrantia and Artemesia Silver Mound were large and everything was healthy and in great condition. Items were well packaged and cared for. I will definitely order again. Thanks so much!
Positive jknittel
Hastings-on-Hudson, NY (Zone 6b)
May 24, 2012
I've been purchasing from Vermont Wild Flower Farm for several years now. My wild flowers a blooming and I had to give them a positive review. First off I get endless compliments about my flowers from my neighbors. I have also used them for daffodils and have had great results. I shop around on the Internet before purchasing and their prices are good. Their website is also very helpfull, filled with great tutorials. the site is well run, and they have always been quick to respond in my experience. On the one occasion a mistake was made they fixed it quickly.
Positive stormcloud
Yonkers, NY
May 22, 2012
Posted on April 24, 2012, updated May 22, 2012
Posted on April 23, 2012, updated April 24, 2012
Posted on April 23, 2012, updated April 23, 2012
First time ordering from this company. Called a week ago and left message as instructed. No return call. e-mailed the next day and still no response.
e-mailed again this morning and waiting to see if I get a response. I would like to know when my order will be shipped.
I do understand that this is their busy time of year but you cannot take someones money and forget about them !
They immediately charged my credit card as soon as order was placed.
I will update or downgrade this comment when I see what happens next.

On April 23rd, 2012, stormcloud added the following:

I am changing this comment to POSITIVE...seems we had some cyber communication lapse and I did in fact hear right back to todays e mail.
On April 24th, 2012, stormcloud changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Lack of response due to cyber confusion. Diana responded to new e mail immediately. Lovely place I will continue to buy from them.
On May 22nd, 2012, stormcloud added the following:

I am so glad to have found this company....I love doing business with them and plan to continue ! They are so friendly , nice and eager to please ! Purchases are coming up beautifully in spite of the miserable Spring weather we have had here in NY !
Positive iwn48
Burke, VA
May 10, 2012
I'm impressed with you folks at Vermont Wildflower farm. My plants arrived yesterday and even though the mailman had to push, crunch and tug to get the package into my mailbox, the plants were in great shape. I love your very unique packaging around the dirt part. I'm putting you guys on my list of places to order because of the plant quality and wonderful packing.
Positive lrm678
Milton, VT
February 25, 2012
I have been ordering now from this company for 5 years. I order wildflower seeds, plants, bulbs and more. THIS IS the company to order from. I have loved everthing about my experience with them, from their outstanding customer service to the wonderful wildflowers, plants and bulbs I have been growing from them. They ship extremely quickly, everything is well packaged and I have never once had any type of problem. I love the free gift with every order too! I highly recommend them over any other company I have ever purchased from. I have been so impressed with the Vermont Wildflower Farm.
Negative CarolineFR
Arlington, MA
November 4, 2011
I received a coupon offering 50% off fall bulbs in July. I ordered a few kinds and appreciated the price. One item I was particularly looking forward to were Autumn daffodils. My order arrived in two shipments - one in August and one in MidSeptember. The daffodils arrived in the second shipment.

When I went to plant them I read the packaging and it said for zones 7-11 and to plant them in July or August. I checked their website and it said for zones 5-11. I called and asked and was assured that I could still plant them and they wold germinate in 3 weeks. They said they would speak to the packager about correcting the labelling.

I planted them during this warm fall in late September and they never came up. It is now early November and nothing. I am now concerned that nothing will come up from the other bulbs I purchased and I have wasted money. VT Wildflower never said anything was incorrect on their end and blamed the bulb packager completely. I will probably not order from them again.
Company representative comment on November 4, 2011:
On Nov 4, 2011 1:09 PM, Vermont Wildflower Farm responded with:

This customer e-mailed her concerns this morning 11/4 at 11:00 a.m. She received an acknowledgement e-mail from us at 11:03 am that her complaint would be forwarded to the appropriate person in charge for rectification today. She signed up and left a negative review on Dave's Garden at 11:15 am.

We are very surprised that a negative feedback has been left on Dave's Garden without allowing us a chance to respond. Our company is virtually complaint free and we stand behind everything we sell. We work very hard to insure that every customer we have is a happy customer. As explained to the customer when she originally called in September with her concern, our Dutch supplier had explained to us that they made a package description error in both the planting time and zones. We stood by their explanation and asked that she go ahead and plant. In fact, these did not even arrive from our supplier until the 2nd week of September so their explanation seemed reasonable to us since the packaging stated plant in late July. We also let her know at that time that if they did not grow we would certainly replace or refund as we guarantee all of our products. We sold over 100 packages of Autumn Daffodils and we have not received any other complaints so we are not sure what happened with hers. We planted these at the farm in zone 5 and all have bloomed with the exception of one bulb. We strive to be complaint free and we work very hard in assuring that everything we sell is of superior quality and that every single one of our customers is a happy and satisfied customer. We are sorry this customer felt she needed to go ahead and leave a negative feedback before we had a chance to rectify the situation. We usually respond to any e-mail within a few hours but were not even given 15 minutes. We have e-mailed this customer offering the following resolution: - replace the Autumn Daffodils with any item of equal value of choice - credit on account for later use or a refund of the purchase price of the daffodils.

Neutral PinkMagenta
Rochester, NY
April 28, 2011
PREPACKAGED BULBS... I was very disappointed to receive bulbs I could have gotten at any run of the mill garden shop.

Their website pictures make one think of 'fresh' tender bulbs (they do say they are from Holland and the United States)...however, the 'premium' bulbs I received were merely 'fine'.

Brochure states "Vermont's Famous Wildflower Farm" -- perhaps bulbs are not their specialty...

Fast Shipping though!

Good sale prices! (however, this doesn't change the fact that if I had purchased at a non-sale time I would have been buying mediocre PREPACKAGED bulbs at a 'premium' price).

Bright -- appealing website!

As for me, I will stick with Brent and Becky's Bulbs. Sale or no sale -- they sell truly "premium" bulbs!
Company representative comment on April 28, 2011:
On Apr 28, 2011 9:37 PM, Vermont Wildflower Farm responded with:

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding the bulbs that you ordered from us this spring. We strive for complete satisfaction with all our products and services. We affiliate with one of the oldest and most respected growers of bulb products in Holland. I apologize for any disappointment you have experienced. We have had only wonderful comments about our bulb products. We offer a full guarantee on all products and stand behind what we sell, so we are happy to offer you a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer. We certainly appreciate your feedback regarding the bulbs as well as your positive comments! We strive to be complaint free so we hope there is something we can do to correct this situation and earn your continued business. Please feel free to contact us at our toll free # 1-855-846-9453 or by e-mail to vermontwildflowerfarm@yahoo.com so that we can rectify this to your satisfaction. Sincerely, Diana B. (Owner)

Positive aebridges
North New Portland, ME
October 17, 2008
I ordered about $50 worth of wildflower seeds from Vermont Wildflower Farm in Fall, 2007. The largest portion of the order was their partial shade mix. I spoke with a very helpful customer service representative and received good advice about Fall seeding in my area (Western Mountains of Maine). I received my order ahead of expected seeding time and watched the weather forecast, then seeded my wildflower patch in November just before a snowfall, forecast to be followed by a cold weather period. The timing turned out to be great, and the bed was covered with lots of snow until about mid-May. Seedlings began to sprout very quickly and we've seen a good variety of the annuals bloom, plus a couple of the biennials and perennials have bloomed this first season. The growth of young perennials looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome in 2009. I will order from Vermont Wildflower Farms again and recommend the company to others wanting to start a wildflower garden.