The scoop on 'English Basketry Willows'

English Basketry Willows

412 County Road #31
Norwich, New York 13815-3149 (United States)

No positives

Comments:

Neutral tehonda
San Francisco, CA
February 25, 2009
I recently visited English Basketry Willows website. They have anew website, which i found splendid to navigate and find what i was looking fro as well as supporting images of tools, willows, and baskets. i placed an oder fir a bundle of willow and received a very timely fashion. The willow was also of a high grade quality, which was nice. Since then i have ordered a few smaller items and have been happy with the service.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that companies cannot create usernames to affect their own rating. This comment was submitted by an email address associated with Timothy Gale, who is listed as a supplier of patterns for English Basketry Willows. The rating of this review has been changed from a positive to neutral rating so it will not affect the overall ratings given by customers.
Negative graphicny
Oswego, NY
August 29, 2007
I started looking for willow to grow this past winter, I found English Basketry Willows - Bonnie Gale, on the internet. Looked like a great deal. You could buy the cuttings and start the willows for very little money. The only catch was you had to sign up for membership to American Willow Growers Network. Pay $10 for membership and a yearly newsletter. Which has still not showed up yet.

I sent in the money. Quickly found that Bonnie was not good at responding to e-mail. I had ordered willow cuttings, two books and a newsletter. I wanted to check on when she was sending the cuttings, that took several e-mails just to get a response. Then I had to remind her that I had not gotten the two books. Which took a several more e-mails, then I tried to see what the $10 newsletter looked like and have been ignored. Not sure what to think of her. I worked retail for several years, and try to give people some wiggle room to make things better, but she is less than helpful and very hard to deal with.

The Cuttings did do well, and the books were xerox copies, but I guess you get what you pay for, except her newsletter. Still have not seen that.

On August 14th, 2008, graphicny added the following:

August 14 2008, almost a year later from the last comment.
Was told that a newsletter was coming out and would be sent soon a while back.

Bonnie Gale is still not good responding to e-mail, and I am still waiting for a refund or a willow newsletter. I guess with membership come the privilege of waiting around to see if something will happen. So far nothing has. I would tell people to be careful dealing with her.