The scoop on 'Taylor Greenhouses'

Taylor Greenhouses

9228 Mathews Rd.
Portland, New York 14769 (United States)

Comments:

Positive limbiclady
Lakewood, OH (Zone 6a)
June 9, 2014
I've ordered from Taylor's before and was pleased with my shipment. So, I ordered this year. The plants were received on the date expected, in excellent condition, except for one. Taylor's carries unusual begonias and a vary large selection. They are wrapped well and packaging is excellent. I am very happy with my mail order and plan to order again.
Positive irmaly
boone, NC (Zone 5b)
February 20, 2014
First time order from Taylor Greenhouses--ordered two begonias. They arrived without a stem broken, perfectly wrapped, still damp, and a very nice size. Taylor has unique selections, and I'm just getting into begonias, so I'm looking forward to future business with such a really great mail order site.
Positive tundragardner
Eagle River, AK
September 24, 2013
I have ordered begonias twice from Taylor Greenhouses. Plants have arrived promptly and well wrapped, within a few days of TLC after arriving, they look great. This year I won a blue ribbon with their cherry blossom begonia! Six more plants are growing in my greenhouse now. Huge variety from which to choose.
Positive Bill_H
Garden Grove, CA
August 22, 2012
A wonderful place to order plants. Plants would go into a 5 or 6 inch pot they are so big. They are very well wrapped and packaged. How they got such large brittle rex begonia leaves packed with so little damage I don't know. They are very fast on top of it all. Their prices are more than fair and the shipping is as low as it can be. If they have a plant you want, be sure to order it from them and not someone else. This is a top notch operation with great plants, good packaging, and fast affordable shipping.
Positive hannah82
Brea, CA
May 31, 2012
This is one of my main go-to websites for begonias; they have an excellent selection of unique and hard-to-find specimens. Their plants are carefully packaged and have always made their cross-continental trek from NY to SoCal healthy and intact. With reasonable prices and quick shipping to boot, I would highly recommend this company.
Positive peevel
Jonesboro, AR
May 19, 2012
Ordered a small Bay leaf plant from this site. They were the cheapest by far, shipping was very reasonable and super quick. Plant was well packed and healthy. Instructions were included. I am really happy. I would highly recommend this nursery.
Positive VA_Wild_Rose
Fredericksburg, VA (Zone 7a)
March 21, 2012
I have been looking for some very specific varieties of some of my favorite plants for Spring. I was having a difficult time finding some, but this company came up in a search. I immediately contacted the company via email, and was pleasantly surprised that they emailed me right back. After some by reassuring communication, I placed my order on Sunday night. It was shipped on Monday, and I received it on Wednesday! Wow! Beautiful, healthy plants, all with buds or blooms, and so well packed that not one leaf was broken! I am very impressed with this company and would recommend highly! Thank you Taylor Greenhouses for a very pleasant and swift transaction!
Positive cbellwood
Central City, KY
December 1, 2011
Posted on November 3, 2011, updated December 1, 2011
I ordered 4 begonias from them on Sept 28th. I did not receive my order until almost 2 weeks later and they were all wilted. I contacted Taylors and told them that none of them looked good when they arrived and one already died. They emailed me back asking when I received them, I told them around that I received them around the 11th or 12th of Oct and I waited a couple days to see if they would bounce back. Then another email saying that it took extremely long for them to arrive and then another email asking which plants needed to be replaced and they would send out the replacements. I told them all 4. Since then all plants died and I threw them away thinking that I had replacements coming. It is now Nov. 2nd and still no plants or any emails saying that they shipped out replacements. I contacted paypal to dispute the charge and get a refund. I have over 500 plants which the majority was mail ordered. I have never got plant that died this quickly in the mail. I have received them before heat damaged or full of insects. At least the sellers either resent the plants or refunded me the money. I was just going to let it go but it kept making me mad that I spent $45.00 and got nothing from it but dead plants. I think that this is very unprofessional of a company that is trying to get your business and also sells on Ebay. I requested information on the plant size from them on Ebay and they told me to order from their website and the plants were around 8 to 10 inches tall. I wished that I ordered from Ebay now. At least I could of contacted Ebay about the problem but I will have to wait for PayPal to go through the resolution process. I've never had to do this with a nursery. I give them the lowest rating for customer service and products. They supply no tracking for shipping and then if you have a problem they take a while to email you back with no resolution.
On December 1st, 2011, cbellwood changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Taylor's send out another package giving me the option for a refund because that package was lost in the mail on the replacement. I told them that I really wanted the plants and they agreed to send it again with no hesitation and with tracking this time. I received the package in great shape in a couple days. I rated them poorly the first time but because of them being so eager to please, I have gave it a second thought and decided to rate this as positive.
Positive Toni05
Brookfield, IL
August 25, 2011
Posted on August 24, 2011, updated August 25, 2011
While browsing for a Begonia luxurians, I found Taylor Greenhouse. They're selection looked interesting, so I placed a first time order.

My shipment arrived, 8/18/2011 less than a week after the initial order. It consisted of two Hedera's, two B. luxurians, and a beautiful, rare Kalanchoe.

Plants are nice-looking, well-rooted, and good size. Prices are fantastic. Shipping charge is more than fair.

Each plant was well-wrapped, and securely shipped.

I will definately order from Taylor's again, Toni
On August 25th, 2011, Toni05 added the following:

Placed and received a second order with Taylor's Green House.
Begonia 'snow cap' and Begonia 'wrightii.'

Both plants are good sized, pest-free and healthy.

Once again, shipping arrived days after order was placed.

Plants were carefully wrapped, individually and boxed.

So happy I found this nursery, Toni

Neutral vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
May 27, 2011
I am rating this vendor neutral b/c of what I think are excessive shipping charges. In fairness to the vendor, the rates are clearly displayed on their website, but when I noticed the priority mail stamp vs. what I paid, I discovered it was inflated by about 30%. I recognize there may be handling charges, but I don't like it at all when vendors subsize expenses thru shipping. Why not do the right thing and reflect costs in the price of the plant? The plants per se were healthy and carefully packed. Pricing was competitive w/ other vendors, no cheapies here. This fact further convinces me that shipping is padded.

I have contacted the vendor in this regard but in the meantime, please consider your purchase carefully as shipping charges might not make this transaction a good value.
Positive jennf77
Fayetteville, AR
April 21, 2011
I ordered several begonias, two flowering maples, a Night Blooming Cereus and a mint plant. The plants arrived in great shape and the packing was excellent. Now after about a month all are still very healthy. One of the flowering maples has already bloomed and the begonias have lots of new growth. I would definitely recommend this company and will order from them again.
Positive daylily_lady
Clinton, MO
August 8, 2009
I ordered a Cowardly Lion begonia from Taylor's Greenhouse, it arrived packed very well and a beautiful and robust plant! This is the first time I had ordered from them and could not have been more pleased. I have gardened for over twenty years and have ordered from many different nurseries and this one rates way high on the ladder. I will definitely order again and tell all of my friends, neighbors and family about Taylor's Greenhouse!
Positive cgambrell
Brinson, GA (Zone 8b)
March 10, 2009
Great plants and great packing would order again in a heartbeat.
Positive dbsmith2
Amsterdam, NY (Zone 5a)
August 13, 2008
I was uncertain about ordering from this company because the communication, as Kathy points out, is horrid. However, I received my order of begonias in June and could not have been more pleased. The plants were healthy and have been repotted twice in 2 months - very vigorous. It's a leap of faith when you order from some on the online companies, especially when they don't respond to emails for weeks. I say leap with this company and you won't be sorry. I'm putting together another order now that the website is updated with more choices.
Positive jll
Pendleton, OR
May 15, 2008
Just recived my first order. Plants are healthy. Communiaction was good.Packing was great. Shiping was not to high. Plants were sent out fast. looking forward to more orders.
Positive golfcart
Summerfield, FL
April 28, 2008
I purchased some begonias from them on ebay. I thought they were very excellent quality plants. Packing was great.
I will purchase more from their web site in the future.
Positive kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR (Zone 7b)
February 7, 2008
I ordered from this company this past summer through their web site. The communication was Horrid to say the least. Never heard a word from them dispite my several emails. BUT, I did receive a notice when they were shipped and how long it would take for them to go out to me. I was so very well pleased with the packing and size of the begonias that it made the non communication something that I could deal with. I know they also sell on ebay. They have a nice selection of begonias for decent prices and don't over kill onthe shipping charges.

Positive photoboy
Pittsburgh, PA
April 24, 2007
Easy to follow website with a nice selection. My stuff got to me in great condition and healthy.