The scoop on 'Sporestore (Sporestore.com)'

Sporestore (Sporestore.com)

2232 S. Main St., #433
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103-6938 (United States)

This company is affiliated with University Scientific Corporation

Comments:

Positive jaded4life69
Lancaster, OH
May 18, 2014
I'm a total noob and bought my first syringes from these guys. Got what I paid for and then some. Got the 4 pack special and did 36 jars... Now, I did lose some to contamination:/ Used the oven method that was recommended by my grow kit;/( I did say noob ) However, I only lost 8 and the other 28 produced great results. I have no doubt that what I lost was my fault so I am completely happy with my purchase! Will order again and update if I have issues... Just read all this and felt like I should share my experience!
Negative vhernandez1122
Sunset Valley, TX
September 5, 2013
BEWARE "SPORESTORE" WEBSITE IS A COMPLETE SCAM !!!!! *PLEASE READ*
My husband is a Mycology extremist so for his 37th birthday I decided to invest in his passion and ordered him a good amount of spore syringes and waited the time stated on the website (3-5 days standard shipping) and nothing came in but the next day the money had already been taken out of my bank account not only that but the tracking number given to my via spore store was bogus.I even called and emailed and no response was given.

THIS WEBSITE IS A TOTAL RIP OFF/ROBBERY!!
Negative kyle_skelt
Sauk Rapids, MN
January 16, 2013
I ordered 12 pre-sterilised substrate jars from sporestore.com on January 10th. I have been checking the order status every day and it only says 'Processed'. I have sent them SEVERAL emails asking for an update and response on my order, and they haven't messaged me once. I wish I would have seen these reviews before I spent so much money with them. ALSO, my receipt that I got from their automated email address said that my 12 jars should have been FREE SHIPPING, but I paid $5 for shipping.

Also, UniversityScientific.com is owned by this same company, it says so on this website and I notice that both of the company's address' are from Michigan. I ordered a MycoGarden from UniversityScientific for about $150 including shipping. They are ignoring my emails as well. I am so pissed and as soon as the bank opens tomorrow I am going to file for a chargeback.
Negative EECK
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
December 16, 2012
I bought two syringes with the 4x super charge "rip off". signed up for the news letter to get free discount codes which didnt work i emailed him when it didnt show on my reciept and he said "thats for another product" but it spicificaly said 10% on next purchase. so I got it two days later did alot of work and sterilizing and spent alot of money on a pc, and lysol, (can you tell im a first time grower). the liquid in the syringe was clear and had wierd spores (note i knew the water had to be tinted after spore and the liquid are stired but i ignored that sign and did everything to the T my first jar i did the needle did not reach into the substarte but instead the liquid went into the try verm, that was my fault but nothing happened no mold or anything for about two week so atleast my sterilizing worked, this time 2 jars made sure the needle went in and bam 4 days later a white mold and then lipstick mold. tried again this time 4 jars "money fliying out the window" but this time i did more research and found out they are a scam so after four days of the jars sitting i just pc them again and am now waiting on ryche's to get here to save my sinking sorry ass.

I even told Ryche about it not as a sob story but because i feel let down and hurt cuz i worked very hard and i wanted his word, he gave me his word and i bought that same day and he even took the time to fill out my order ON A SUNDAY!!! sporestore does not..

Please anyone new to this please do your research or you will end up like me. If anyone has questions or wants pictures of the syringes and mold they produce send me an email at eecksscream@hotmail.com

whats also funny is i had left over substrate so i threw it in a pot outside and no mold,

dont risk your health and the health of your home MOLD CAN HURT YOU!!!
Negative Scarousel
Dewey-Humboldt, AZ
November 20, 2012
All in all I put in a large order and spent over $100 at sporestore.com. The first batch may have been my fault being contaminated although I was as sterile as possible in my environment. Next batch I ordered the syringes were faulty so they sent me replacements after trying to get a hold of them for a week and a half. Voila, healthy mycelium growth and when it came time to fruit I got mushrooms!!! Exciting right? Except they were a different strain than what I ordered and not any strain they have on their website. I still have not heard back from them about it and I've wasted too much time, patience and money using sporestore.com. I wish I'd seen these reviews before I wasted the last 5 months of my hobby on their spores. I HIGHLY do not recommend!
Negative jimbriggz
May 27, 2012
So I order 6 spore syringes from this place.
I get my order, I did pay with plastic not cash...
What I got was weird, they had white stuff in them, rather than black spores... hmm so I gave 2 of them a try, and ohh my I never saw purple mold before.... hmmm, defiantly worthless, no sense in trying the others for sure, but I thougt, it's ok they "gurantee them to work", so I figure a quick email and I send the rest of the unused back and I get my money back, NEGATIVE! I get a email saying this

You may enter the code 201215 for 15% off your next order.

We appreciate your business so much that here is another 10% off coupon code for all products on BudResearch.com:

Coupon Code: 2012TEN

Thank you again for your order!

Glenn

Customer Support"

But wait a minute, I thought these things had a gurantee on them.... But Mr Glenn just said "The syringes are regarded as perishable food items and we cannot refund for these items.

We can't just replace the products but we can offer you a discount on your next order." so then what does your guarantee mean?
Guarantee to rip your stupid butt off for fooling with them, GOTO A REAL VENDOR LIKE RALPHSTERS, that man is HONEST and DOES WHAT HE SAYS! Now I have sent other emails, but they ignore them, they already told me "hey buddy we ripped you off, but of you are stupid enough come back and it will be 15% cheaper to get ripped off a second time".

Nice thing about paying with a card is when they do this, you just print out the email and fax it to your bank and file for a charge back at this point you have been sold a product with a guarantee that they just defrauded you on, and before you know it you will get it back. Another funny thing, the merchants bank will charge them a fee for having to deal with the dispute which is $15 or higher, and if they get alot of them, their credit card processing rates go up and if it continues they wind up loosing the ability to accept cards all together and are put on a "match list" which prevents them from EVER being able to create another credit card merchant account under their name/id again.
If you have been ripped off, call your bank on the back of your credit card and file a dispute against them!

SPORESTORE IS A BUNCH OF LIARS DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! JUST FILL UP YOUR SYRINGE WITH WATER, IT WILL DO BETTER THAN THEY CAN!
Positive Todd_G
Paine Field-Lake Stickney, WA
April 3, 2012
Had a great experience. Communication was good and my e-mails were responded to in a timely manner. Package arrived complete and on time. I will be using sporestore.com plenty more in the future for sure!!
Positive mushman81
Bridgeport, CT
January 29, 2012
I don't know what this people are dissing the spore store after I read the reviews I was pissed after about 14 days I got my package and thought it was gonna be beat but out of the four I got they seem to be working and its only day eight so I would order again if any problems I will post again
Negative Theronr
West Haven, UT
January 9, 2012
I placed an order with spore store 3 weeks ago. I sent them multiple emails inquiring about my order. but got no reply, last night in frustration I sent another email saying that I contacted the attorney general about tracking them down. And that I would go there and beat them down..... Just this morning I got an emai FROM spore store, with a USPS tracking and confermation number. the threat tactic worked, but now I have to worry about whether or not my spores are poisoined or theres a bomb in box :/.
Negative mnmshow
Albuquerque, NM
April 24, 2011
Received syringes promptly enough, too bad all they contained was tap water. Waste of time and money.
Positive nikweinstein
Los Angeles, CA
April 1, 2011
Just wanted to offset the overwhelming bad reviews against Spore Store, for the record.

Of the 2 sets of 2 syringes I ordered, 3 out of 4 seem viable - it's day 5 in my incubation.

Besides that, I got my order quickly. I do NOT recommend buying their pre-sterilized jars. I made my own jars a week later and they are performing better even though they're playing catchup.
Negative technic1200
Pittsburgh, PA
February 12, 2011
Stay away From The "Sporestore.com" Look @ all these negative comments! I wish I would have read them prior to placing an order with them! I purchased 10 spore syringes @ a price of $50, which seemed like a great deal. But what seems to good to be true usually is. I got them right away, but if there were any spores in them at all they were too old to grow. This company is a scam artist and if I can pursuade just one person not to buy from them with this post it was worth the time! But don't take just my word for it, read all these other comments, like I said before I wish I had done a little research on them myself before forking over my money.
Negative zerilius
Barstow, CA
February 5, 2011
SCAM. I ordered from them for a friend and they didn't receive anything. I attempted to contact them after 2 weeks of not receiving anything for a tracking number, and nothing. Never ended up getting anything, and like the rest of you I tried to get some sort of refund, but failed to reach anyone. How can I get this website in trouble? Similar to someone else, hawkseye has been great. This place makes you think your getting a good deal but like they say, if it seems too good to be true it is.
Negative nitro169
Zebulon, NC
November 24, 2010
WARNING!!!

SPORESTORE.COM is a complete SCAM!!!

They will not send you anything but water and they will not return phone or email messages!!!

I am charging back with my credit card company right now!!!
Negative iamjerry
Westcliffe, CO
September 9, 2010
The Spore Store is in effect an establishment set up purely for SCAMMING the public. 4 emails and response. Water filled syringes with no results. A Waste of Time, Materials & Money!
Wish I had discovered this forum before "Giving" them my money. Next step is to file complaint through my credit card. They are engaged in illegal satellite sales also. Buy Elsewhere - be warned!
Negative GreenTheory
Homestead, FL
June 23, 2010
I ordered from sporebank.com got the 2 for 1 deal. When my package came, which was not a problem it was delivered on time with no issues, I noticed what appeared to be little pieces of dust in water in one of the syringes very very tiny black spots maybe 10 which I could only see cause I have good vision and the other was literally just water no lie. I looked up other reviews and found out it was a scam. Although my package came it was useless i did not need any water. I realized the email address they gave was fake I looked further into the website (sporebank.com) and found this email sales@irie.tc I emailed them a nice message thanking them for the water and to my surprise they emailed me back which I didn't think would happen since most reviews say they don't respond to emails. My email was nice i just thanked them for the water and wished them good karma and they responded asking if there was a problem with my order and to please let them know. But this is what confused me for a second they ended the email with rodger @sporestore.com which is not the website i ordered from i thought i made a mistake when searching for a good email but I didn't. If you go to sporebank.com the email address they have will allow you to contact both stores so obviously these scammers run multiple fraud websites they didn't even know which one i was from. So pretty much Don't order syringes from any website that isn't a shroomery sponsor or you'll loose your money.
Negative rschultz
Ingleside, IL
April 2, 2010
i wish i had sought reviews for this 'company' prior to my order as well. sent money order and never received anything not even a response to several emails.

if it brings comfort to anyone else who have been stolen from by these people rest assure i will be reporting them to the US postal inspector as well as Internet Fraud agencies

litigation pending, a class action lawsuit for all of u :)
Positive EasyMonkey
Columbus, OH
February 17, 2010
To all the people that said its a scam, thats bullshit.

I ordered 4 from him, two of two kinds, and that was like a week ago.

I got them today. they look good.

I also placed another order from another site.
you all are idiots, and dont know what the hell you are talking about.

He sends them USPS,
Negative espicer83
Bargersville, IN
June 27, 2009
AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!! Absolutely 100% scam. Most of what was in the syringe was unidentifiable and the few spores I could identify were so old and degraded that they were useless and like everyone else I have received no response to emails.
Negative mycofarmer
Melbourne, FL
March 18, 2009
I too was wondering if this was a credible site, and I found a brand new thread on the shroomery which puts this question to rest. Basically this guy starts a forum saying how the sporestore is a scam and the site should be removed, a manager of the sporestore replies in a bunch of nasty words, and in the end the poster gets the manager to ADMIT that the site is a scam. I would post a link but it's in the member's only section. So here are the highlights:

Lazy Genius: The sporestore.com is a scam, in case anyone was still wondering. Unfortunately, I discovered this first hand before reading that everyone has problems with them. They sent me a syringe of distilled water, and no spores. Then when I wanted to make good of their guarantee, I discovered that there is NO way to contact them. I don't think the email form on their site works, they have to phone #, or address listed; and the domain is registered by a third party so that you can't find their information with a WHOIS serch on the domain. Something needs to be done about this. They are giving good suppliers a bad name. We need to find a way to have their site removed from the internet. If anyone has any ideas how to do this, i'm listening.

And then, after much debate and name-calling:

robby000: congrats you uncovered my scam. i just hope it doesnt get too big, you better watch out who you go spreading that [deleted] to man. us spore vendors know each other pretty well and talk, about customers. your name will definitly come up in conversation, and if you pull this [deleted] again you might get a knock at the door from mr sporestore himself.

The manager threatens him and tells him not to spread the truth. Well, he didn't tell me that, so here it is. The sporestore.com is a scam. Avoid it.

Negative shmeki
Dallas, TX
February 10, 2009
Ordered two spore syringes in the begining of December 2008 and had no results. Product arrived in a reasonable time.
On February 10th, 2009, shmeki added the following:

Ordered four more spore syringes at the end of December 2008 and had no results. Product arrived in a reasonable time.

Also ordered a shirt from them and never recived it. I sent replies to the two emails that I got from them confirming my order, asking them if I should have recieved the shirt by now, but I never got a reply from them.

I called my credit card company and got a phone number from them that is suppose to be the number for Sporestore.com (734) 418-2034. I called the number and left a message asking if I should have recieved the shirt by now but have not heard back from them.

This makes three (3) separate orders that were no good.
On February 10th, 2009, shmeki added the following:

When calling the number for them it rings once and then goes straight to voice mail which says "Please leave message".

NOT A VERY GOOD COMPANY AT ALL TO DO BUSINESS WITH.
Negative egress
Wabasha, MN
December 29, 2008
I ordered a spore syringe from sporestore and received it promptly. I inoculated several jars of grain and got exactly nothing. No contamination and no mycelium growth after two weeks. I think they're selling just sterilized water. Save your money and deal with a reputable company.
Negative Glock22
Fresno, CA
May 14, 2008
Almost 3 weeks after i made my order nothing not an e-mail or response to my e-mails. This Company needs to atleast get back to customers faily quickly. I can wait thats not a deal but to just take my money is not nice.
So If you decide to use them just be careful you may or may not get what you ordered.

Just my rant about them.
Negative xdeimusx
Elk Grove, CA
September 12, 2007
hey for everyone that got scamed on the sporestore.com web site.... dont feel bad i just got scamed to. If you look around on their site they have no number address or anything. i tryied emailing them and no respones ordered some spore 9/26 and its 10/12 and nothing. for whom it may concern i have there address and phone #. i looked at who owned the site and got the info that way. contact at will i havnt so i dont know if its right.

Registrant:

US
+1.360-449-5933
Neutral xtrmhkr
July 30, 2007
i sent money order for spore syringe for about 2 weeks then after alot of emails that they didnt return they said it had been dispatched and they gave me a tracking number that never worked i finally got it after 3 weeks by that time i had ordered some from spores 101 it came with lots of spores in it and they give you a slide for 10$ but i think its going to take just as long to get my order from spores 101 and i paid 18$ for that order so i guess its worth it
Negative kikicat
Houston, TX
May 11, 2007
i ordered ten (10)spore syringes from the spor store. They were all crap, which is exactly what their guaranty is. Sent multiple e-mails to them requesting my money back or an exchange with no response. You will note that they have no phone number or physical address. That should have been a tip off that they were crooks. On the other hand, I have had very positive experiences with hawkseye.
Neutral dawgiusmaximus
Starksboro, VT
April 23, 2007
I ordered 2 spore syringes on monday from sporestore.com with the last 20 bucks on an old debt card. I immediately got a few emails from sporestore@yahoo.com regaurding my purchase. In 2 days i got an email with a tracking number and it didnt work. 2 days later i tried it again and it said that USPS had been notified they would be shipping it. 2 days after that i checked again and my package was waiting for me. All in all it took a few hours less then one week from the purchase online, to the pickup of my package. So far so good but I am worried a little because the spores inside the syringe dont really look normal. I will update though once i get out my microscope.....