The scoop on 'Streambank Gardens'

Streambank Gardens

22481 Burton Road
Milton, Delaware 19968 (United States)

Visit Streambank Gardens at:

Comments:

Positive jayslater123
Baltimore, MD
May 2, 2014
I have ordered several times in the past two years from Streambank and I can always count on them sending me fantastic plants.

The plants always arrive quickly and are packed very well. I have not found an online grower who uses these types of recyclable containers to ship their plants in. They stay moist, hold their soil, and arrive always looking great.

The variety and pricing of David's plants are also positive features of this grower. They respond to emails quickly and seem to bend over backward to accomodate me.

I strongly recommend trying some of Streambank's plants......I have nevere been disappointed and I have bought Herbs, Annuals, lots of Perennials and Veggies.

Thanks Dave.
Positive juhur7
Anderson, IN (Zone 6a)
October 13, 2012
There did not seem to be any recent reviews about this company ,but I decided to order a couple of Agastache from their fall sale offers.
Plants are nice, as advertised,came very quickly, and as said the plants look good and had been box shipped well.
I will return to them and I will return later to say how the plants are doing.
Positive msminni
New York, NY
October 14, 2011
Just got an order of 20 sedum plants and not only were they packed to perfection, they were lovely well developed little plants. A bargain at
twice the price. They were on sale half priced. So pleased. Very fast shipping and great email communication. I will definitely order again.
Positive winamego
Woodfin, NC
September 30, 2011
I ordered a few leeks and poppies from them this spring - plants were in fine shape and flourished in my garden.
Positive jgompper_41005
Burlington, KY
October 21, 2010
Posted on October 20, 2010, updated October 21, 2010
Ordered 3 items on 09/20/2010 (20 Sedum spurium 'Dragon's Blood', 5 Malva 'Moravia' & 5 Leuanthemum maxima 'Crazy Daisy') ; received all on 09/23/2010, planted all same day.. all doing well .. thanks..

On October 21st, 2010, jgompper_41005 added the following:

Placed 2nd order on 10/16/2010 consisting of 4 items (6 - Aster novae-angliae 'September Ruby' , 6 - Dianthus amurensis 'Siberian Blues', 6 - Dianthus plumarias 'White Lace', 6 - Gaillardia aristata 'Arizona Sun'). All items arrived today 10/21/2010 via UPS (2 boxes - lots of protective material) as healthy, vibrant plants. Will plant in our sungarden area this afternoon. Prices and quality of plants great. I will definately order from this nursery again.. Thanks
Negative leeandmary
Cowen, WV
May 23, 2010
this outfit has very poor customer service. i received a shippment from them that was short 9 plants, i e-mailed Dave Burton, told him the problem he insured me the plants would be sent out soon, that was april 16. i still have not got them, but i have e-mailed him several times and no responce until i got rude, he said sorry he never got my e-mail and that my plants would be sent out the next day, its been 3 weeks. i would advise the public to steer clear of streambank gardens unless you like giving dave burton a donation. i'll never do it again, and also my whole family was going to place an large order, but i think not.....
Positive aspenbooboo41
Whitehall, PA (Zone 6a)
May 18, 2009
I ordered two Stupice tomato plants from Streambank in April 2009. The plants arrived a few days after my order. The were smaller seedlings with about 4 leaves on each plant. I replanted them in pots with more soil immediately and left them like that for a few weeks, and about 1 week ago planted them out in the garden. Now that the days are reaching into the 70s the plants have taken off and are growing well and looking great.
I would order from this company again.
Negative StellysPapa
Dothan, AL (Zone 8a)
May 4, 2009
I recently purchased a small fountain from Streambank. The guy I was dealing with in customer service was David Burton. Upon the original online order, the order form said that all non plant items shipped within 48 hours. After about 2 weeks and nothing coming, I e-mail customer service with no reply I then sent another e-mail, and get a reply from this David Burton saying the fountain was sold out and they were waiting for a new shippment. In my opinion, I should have been told at the time of ordering that the item was sold out, but nothing was said. His reply also stated that I would soon be receiving a tracking number. Another few weeks goes by and nothing, not even the " soon to receive " tracking number. I then sent an e-mail asking for a cancellation of the order. I get a reply from David Burton saying he couldn't understand what was going on, that they had never had trouble in the past with the people the fountain was coming from etc. etc., but would send me a refund in the form of a check. That same day, the fountain arrived. So, I get back to my pc and reply to his reply and let him know the fountain had just been delivered and to forget about the refund.
I have not heard another word from him.
My main concern was the lack of communication between the business and the customer. If only I had gotten an explanation in the beginning. One of the things I just will not tolerate, is being left hanging........in other words, communicate with me, let me know whats going on.
Positive obliqua
Pittsburgh, PA
October 2, 2008
I ordered Oriental Popppies from Streambank. The plants were very reasonable. They were well packaged and arrived
happy and healthy. I was unable to find these cultivars at other nurseries and I was happy to find this nursery!