The scoop on 'Broadway Gardens Greenhouses (Bg-Perennials.com)'

Broadway Gardens Greenhouses (Bg-Perennials.com)

1640 Broadway
South Portland, Maine 04106 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-772-7155

Visit Broadway Gardens Greenhouses (Bg-Perennials.com) at:

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Negative lsb000
Madison, NC
August 25, 2012
I ordered 8 Heuchera online on Aug. 7, shipping charges were almost $20 on a $57 order which seemed a bit steep but I wanted the plants.

Then on Aug. 22 I get an email that 2 of 8 plants are cancelled and I am still being charged the $20 for shipping. I called to see why none of the shipping was refunded and the person explained that that is their shipping cost. I expressed my doubt since the shipping was based on weight and clearly the package weighed less. He became very rude and nasty.

I cancelled my order and will never order from them again. Their website still showed the plants available so their inventory in not reliable.
Positive sunsign5
Ipswich, MA
May 22, 2011
Always pleased with the plants I receive. Price is right and everything grows beautifully. Super quick shipping too.
Positive dirthound
Cohocton, NY
July 22, 2010
Big healthy heucheras, echinacea, geranium, at prices half what some of top 30 charge. Shipping /packing excellent.
Will order from again.
Positive dnblack
Barre, VT (Zone 4a)
May 1, 2010
The best price for geranium "purple pillow" I have found thus far. Plants arrived in excellent condition well packed. I will definitely order from Broadway Gardens again.
Positive 3D
Manchester, NH
August 4, 2009
When I ran across the Broadway Gardens site online, I pinged my sister, who lives on Long Island in Casco Bay, and asked if she knew anything about their business. She gave them rave reviews and so I made an order.

I just received my plants. They came in a beat-up, no frills cardboard box that had obviously been around the block, and the box was full of newspaper, not the structured packing material that other nurseries use.

I don't recall when I've received plants in better shape or at this good a maturity level. I am used to paying two to three times more for plants of lesser quality from the bigger online nurseries. I am so impressed.

Broadway Gardens has a fan for life.
On August 5th, 2009, 3D added the following:

The reason I mentioned the shipping packaging is just so you know that looks can be deceiving. Other companies charge an arm and a leg for shipping. You know... you're paying more than the shipping cost. You're also offsetting their packaging costs. Broadway Gardens uses plain old Yankee common sense and doesn't charge you for it.
Positive safars
Portland, ME
October 25, 2007
My experience is only from shopping in person, not on line. Their prices are great as is the quality of plant. Their prices are much less than many on line sites - and they have great selection. I saw an award winning perennial on one of the "top 30" sites for about $18. I checked at Broadway Gardens and got a gallon size specimen in great condition for $5. Their service is so good in person, I would be very surprised if their on line service wasn't very good as well.
Positive westcoastflea1
Falmouth, ME
May 20, 2007
broadway gardens has beautiful, healthy, large plants at very good prices

great selection as well

staff is knowledgeable and friendly

ive purchased plants at many other nurseries and I have to say broadway gardens is the BEST nursery in southern maine.