The scoop on 'Lavender Fields Herb Farm'

Lavender Fields Herb Farm

11300 Winfrey Road
Glen Allen, Virginia 23059 (United States)

Phone: 804-262-7167
Fax: 804-262-3347

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and plants.

Comments:

Positive OldChurchEggery
Mechanicsville, VA
February 10, 2012
Last year I took their class on how to grow lavender in Virginia. The staff are knowledgeable, kind, and very helpful. I bought 4 English lavenders to add to my special Mediterranean garden bed. The fact sheet they gave us in class has proved a useful reference. They cover everything from planning to pruning. Usually, the refrain in gardening is "Mulch, mulch, mulch!" but as the folks at Lavender Fields cautioned, Virginia's humidity is lavender's enemy and using the beloved mulch would lead to rotten lavender. That's the kind of advice that a novice like me needs. I'm glad they stressed proper spacing, too, because the 4" potted lavender plants have now more than doubled in size! That speaks to the health and quality of the plants they offer.

I've since gone back for their Christmas special event. All the ladies in my family, including my daughter (7 months at the time), enjoyed Lavender Fields' tasty lunch. They even had a high chair for her to sit in, which was a happy surprise as I'd assumed I'd have to balance her on my lap while I ate. Their food is really quite delicious and you have to try the lavender ice cream! I plan to go to their spring season opening for more quality plants and possibly their canning class. If you're in Virginia, I highly recommend going to Lavender Fields for lavender and herbs. They have an excellent selection and their prices are very reasonable.
Positive dtalcott
Alexandria, VA
April 26, 2007
I'm very pleased with the lavenders and herbs I ordered: as promised, they came nicely sized in 4-1/2" pots. The whole process from ordering to shipping was handled professionally and conscientiously.