The scoop on 'GardenImport'

GardenImport

Box 760, 135 West Beaver Creek Rd.
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 1C6 (Canada)

Phone: 1-800-881-3499

This company offers a variety of bulbs and plants.

Comments:

Positive sskkm
Regina, SK (Zone 2b)
August 24, 2014
I had a very positive experience ordering from GardenImport. I've placed three orders with them this season as they have several specific varieties that I was interested in adding to my garden. I especially appreciate how well the plants were packaged and how healthy they were. You can definitely tell they were well taken care of. The entire transaction was easy and the plants were beautiful.
Positive LadyAssassin
Belleville, ON (Zone 5b)
October 15, 2012
My sister had ordered bulbs for me from Garden Import because I was in the process of switching credit card companies and wanted my order in early, but wouldn't have the new credit card for several weeks. I received the bulbs a couple of days ago and I am very pleased with how healthy and large they are. Great prices as well.
Positive vavi
Sackville
September 7, 2011
They're very professional. I'm not always kind to my plants, but theirs arrive in such perfect condition that when I get around to planting them, they grow beautifully. Yes, you pay more - but the quality stands out, and quality is so rare these days! Wonderful company.
Positive BryanE
Victoria
November 11, 2010
The best bulbs EVER, everything they send is top quality! they have the biggest healthy bulbs of anyone I have ordered from. I have ordered hundreds of bulbs from them. the plants I have ordered have been wonderful too! not huge top growth but BIG healthy root systems. they are my first choice on where to buy from!

Bryan
Positive slrochford
Chelsea
August 22, 2008
I have dealt with many mail order catalog's as I have been an avid gardener for years. I must say that for bulbs, garden import is the best of the best. They only sell premium bulbs so you may pay a bit more but you get incredible performance. My bulbs from garden import have consistently outperformed bulbs from any other source. Great customer service. All bulbs arrive when they should for optimum planting (which is not the case for many other companies where the plants/bulbs often arrive very late even if you ordered early). They have replaced any items that did not come up without hassle (but I have never abused this if I felt my growing conditions were actually the cause).

Keep up the great work!!
Positive ginnylynn
Blyth, ON (Zone 5b)
June 8, 2007
Gardenimport is one of my very favourite places to order from. I have always received good sized, healthy plants, bulbs, and tubers from them that perform amazingly well right from the get go.

Shipping is fast and everything is very well packed with obvious care.

The only thing I could wish for is either that I had better resistance when it comes to the offerings in their catalogue or that I had a bottomless wallet :-)
Positive SandyKemp
Toronto
May 31, 2007
I ordered a gift certifcate from Gardenimport.com just before Christmas. The attractive certificate was delivered quickly - before Christmas. The recipient of my certificate reports that the roses they ordered were received in good condition and are growing well.
Positive CordysMum
Powell River BC
May 29, 2007
Not wanting to wait a full year to buy C. cirrhosa var "Princess Diana" locally, I searched the net and found this company and wrote to them.

They were friendly, polite, and helpful with all of my questions.

My clematis arrived today in beautiful shape...it travelled from Richmond Hill, ON, to the West Coast/BC and had to travel on two ferries to get to me...packing and soil were moist, plant looks very healthy.

I would deal with Gardenimport again and will tell all of my friends about them.
Negative Fundygardener
(Zone 5b)
January 24, 2007
While the selection is interesting and the service is good, the prices are overly high for many things, especially as these plants are often available from local nurseries at a fraction of the price. Case in point Obsidian Heuchera. It's been on the market for several years. Even Loblaws, which I wouldn't consider a local nursery, carries it in their garden centres--yet Gardenimport wants to charge 20.00 for it or pair it with another heuchera for a .90 cent saving? Puhleeze.
Company representative comment on January 24, 2007:

On Jan 24, 2007 12:24 PM, GardenImport added:

Fundygardener has never bought anything from us and is doing a price comparison only. Our prices are based on our costs which are higher for a small mail order nursery than local garden centres or Loblaws who don't publish a 4 colour catalogue, have a website, a toll free number answered by gardeners who know what we're selling, ship well rooted, potted plants across Canada and operate their business year round.

The collection referred to includes one plant of Heuchera OBSIDIAN (yes it's around but a nice plant) & one plant of Heuchera GUARDIAN ANGEL (totally new for 2007) for $39.95 - a $9.95 saving from the regular price.

We have 101 new introductions this spring, most of which would be hard to find anywhere.

Dugald Cameron
President

Positive sranger
RedDeer , Alberta
January 13, 2006
I have been buying from Garden Import for a few years now, and have always recieved healthy plants. One time when I recieved a hibiscus that flowered pink instead of blue. They replaced it no questions asked with the blue one I wanted, and since the season was almost over, they went out of they're way to find a hibiscus that was blooming and marked it to send to me. They always return e-mail and calls promptly, and cutiously. I recommend Garden Import to anyone, they are friendly, and they love the work they do, which I think should always be acknowledged. Happy New Year, and happy gardeing to everyone at Garden Import!
Positive sentimentalrose
Charlottetown
November 3, 2005
I HAVE BEEN BUYING FROM GARDENIMPORT OF 3-4 YEARS. HARDER TO FIND PLANTS, GOOD PHONE SERVICE WHEN I HAVE QUESTIONS, PAEONIES WONDERFUL. I GET ALOT OF COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE WHO SEE THE GARDEN AND THIER PLANTS.
ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO THEIR CATALOGUE AND USE THEIR WEBSITE SUCCESSFULLY, TOO.
Positive broots
Cochrane, ON (Zone 2b)
July 28, 2002
Have ordered from Gardenimport for a number of years & I give them top marks. Have some very hard to find plants & their begonia bulbs have to be the best I have ever ordered. Also have a great catalogue.
Positive deusex
February 7, 2002
I ordered from GardenImport last fall for spring bulbs, the bulbs were big and in perfect condition. They were extremely nice and helpful on the phone. Their catalog is absolutely wonderful, the pictures and selection of hard to find plants are superb!

Positive Lynnette
Courtenay
January 10, 2002
Have ordered from the company since it began and the quality is excellent. They carry unusual plants and they are true to their name and well rooted. Refunds and exchanges are no hassle.
Positive gailbuckenham
July 1, 2001
I would like to rave about Gardenimport, the plants are packaged beautifully and since it takes several days to reach me, I am always pleased they are in excellent shape.
Positive Erato
June 1, 2001
A bit pricey but excellent plants, healthy, in generous 3 to 4 inches pots. Beautiful well descriptive catalogue.