The scoop on 'Springhill'

Springhill

1605 Carlisle Pike
Hanover, Pennsylvania 17331 (United States)

Visit Springhill at:

Comments:

Negative Jamper
Sugarland, TX (Zone 9a)
October 4, 2014
Extremely negative. This company has simply changed its name - just yesterday it had a huge and detailed collection of really bad service. I used them mid year and purchased reblooming day lilies - I received dry bulbs, only 50 percent even sprouted. They did give me credit. So I placed a large order early September - since then they keep changing my delivery 3 times. I have cancelled all orders and shall never return to this company. DG should not allow delisting under a slightly different name and allow this company to dupe and mis lead it's paying customers. I see one customer already identifying this position. The integrity of these reviews need to maintained and all original reviews reinserted.
Positive TishSparr
Lincoln, NE
June 6, 2013
I can not imagine a more responsive company than Springhill Nursery. I was very Leary, put my plants arrived beautifully packaged and in very good health. I had a small issues with 2 out of 10 plants, and the company sent me 2 additional bushes no questions asked.

They are my new go to catalog company.
Negative hornetstingme
Bountiful, UT
August 25, 2012
So my comments here on Springhill seemed to have disappeared.

First I ordered their Japanese Iris collection at the price of $30.00 plus shipping. The iris were under a lifetime warranty. This purchase was made a few years ago. They sent me tiny starts which took a few years to bloom. When they bloomed the plants were not the Japanese Iris I paid for. They were skinny yellow iris that appeared to be Louisianna Iris.

I posted this complaint here at Dave's Garden and then Spring Hill sent me a message that they no longer carried those plants and so they would issue me a replacement "Certificate" in the amount of 19.95 toward any other plants they had.

Now I want to mention that Spring Hill and Gurney's are the same company... the same people take orders for both catalogs.....just doing business under a different name to get people to pay different amounts on their plants. I found the same iris they needed to replace one by the name of "Shogun" in their catalog. So telling me that "Shogun" was not available was a blatant lie. Obviously they just didn't want to honor their OWN guarantee!!!!!! or cover the cost of shipping for their mistake. So they deliberately came up with an amount to make sure I was screwed or forced to pay full value for the "Replacement" plant they guaranteed.

A week later no certificate arrived so I again posted that no certificate had been sent. A week after posting that complaint I received in the mail.....

A replacement certificate for $13.99

considering that I paid $29.99 plus shipping for plants they said had a lifetime guarantee on.... it's not even a 50% percent guarantee.

After they posted in public view they would send a replacement certificate for $19.99 .... they did not.

After I complained they sent me one for $13.99

If I include the cost of shipping another plant to me in the $13,99 at $7.95 That leaves $6.04 cents for merchandise. Spring Doesn't have any offers for Six dollars.

Spring Hill has one Japanese Iris offer for $15.95. I can't even order 1 more iris from them under their FRAUDULENT guarantee. It would cost me $8.00 to use my certificate.

What Kind of Replacement is that?

I went down to my local nursery and found a pot with a beautiful clump of pretty Japanese Iris for $6.99. I counted the number of divisions in the pot and there were 10.00 plants in the pot.

So I'm leaving it up to the reader to consider what HE would do.....

1- Take the chance of spending another $ 8.00 for one plant that is most likely not going to be what you ordered....or....

2- Buying 10 plants from the local nursery for $6.99 that are for sure the Japanese Iris they advertise.

comparing what they said they would do with what actually happened I would have to say Everything I was told was a untruthful.... from the lifetime guarantee to the certificate they sent.

Thanks for nothing Spring Hill.
I

Positive evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA (Zone 8a)
July 24, 2008
All the plants arrived in good condition, well-packed and on time. There was one item, a 'Freedom' Rose of Sharon, in which I called customer service. It was advertised as a coral red, but when it started to bloom, it was a purplish-red. The customer service representative offered to give me a refund, and was very courteous, as I had other questions about the billing, and he took the time to get the ansers that I needed.

I have ordered plants from various sources this spring, and I was pleased with my order.