The scoop on 'Peonies Plus'

Peonies Plus

41 Calder Road
Elma, Washington 98541 (United States)

Visit Peonies Plus at:

Comments:

Negative celesteresort
Port Orchard, WA
December 16, 2011
I ordered roots and 2 clumps, was told they could be picked up(clumps dug) in September. I responded that I would not be able to come until approximately Sept. 17. This caused a big problem with the owner, so items were sent ahead, at a time I explained I would not be able to accept them.
I put the items into loose soil, where I usually put peonies in the fall - usually best a month later, although - within 3 or so days of receipt, as I recall. I checked everything a couple of weeks ago (1st week of December) - all doing fine except for roots from one of the plant varieties. Each piece had rot throughout, brown far into the interior - not something that would have started suddenly.
The owner has refused to refund any money and has threatened me if I announce a problem with his service and product. He is assuming/insinuating that I don't know how to grow - fact is I come from a nursery family from way back, know quite a bit, and have had good success with the few peonies I've already grown, including tree peonies.
In addition, roots of most of the plants received were far inferior to those received from a large wholesale supplier - for example, 1 or 2 eyes versus 3 to 5 eyes from a reliable supplier.
I am very disappointed to have received this type of service and attitude from a local grower. I should have checked earlier, but he is not a member of the local landscape association.
Positive peony61
Kolkwitz
Germany
October 13, 2007
sent my a CD with pictures for my database on http://www.paeon.de, kind people