The scoop on 'Tall Pines Greenhouses'

Tall Pines Greenhouses

North Augusta, South Carolina 29841 (United States)

Visit Tall Pines Greenhouses at:

Comments:

Negative moralagent
aiken
United States
September 19, 2013
This owner of this company is a registered sex offender and should be in jail. He was convicted of molesting little boys and sentenced to 20 years. When he got out in 9 he was again arrested for trying to rape a little boy. The county didn't get his papers from the previous conviction so he was put on probation. Knowledge is everything so I have a duty to let others know who you are dealing with. Be careful.
Negative reenerbean
April 28, 2013
In December, I purchased a landscape design through Groupon. The gentlemen were very prompt about visiting to get background for the design. Of course, that is when they cashed their check.... I was told I would receive a draft via email within the new 2 weeks. It is four months later and despite numerous calls by me and multiple promises from them, I have yet to receive the first draft. I should have known better as the North August address leads me to believe they are just another Gypsy Scam.
Positive AnglicanMe
September 16, 2011
It is hard to believe that anyone would leave a negative comment for these people. I was in a bind last year with a flooded area of my back yard and my daughter wanting to have her college graduation party at the house. A friend recommended Tall Pines to me. Someone came out within hours and, although they were booked, because of the urgency they had a crew out the next day and had the French drain installed beautifully within 2 days. While this was being done, I checked out their website and asked about some ideas for my backyard. Richard listened to what I wanted and then drew up a plan for me that I fell in love with.They scheduled me in as quickly as possible and when the job was done, I was overwhelmed at how fantastic and beautiful my yard looked. There were a few small hiccups along the way, but nothing that wasn't addressed and corrected immediately. I could not have asked for more courteous and professional people and the job they did was spectacular. I will never look for another landscaper. Tall Pines Greenhouses is the best!
Negative lenoreherman
Englewood, FL
March 5, 2010
I MADE AN ON LINE PURCHASE FROM TALL PINES GREEN HOUSE ON JAN.2,2010.AT LEAST THAT'S WHEN THEY TOOK MY MONEY THROUGH PAY PAL.THEY SENT ME A CONFIRMATION OF MY ORDER AND SAID SHIPPING WOULD BE DELAYED A WEEK OR TWO DUE TO COLD WEATHER.WAITED PATIENTLY BUT NO PACKAGE. E-MAILED THEM NO ANSWER. CALLED THEM ,SPOKE TO RICHARD MAYSON,HE TOLD ME PACKAGE ON THE WAY. 2 WEEKS NO PACKAGE,CALLED AGAIN,THEY SAID LOST IN MAIL,WOULD RESHIP.SOULD GET PACKAGE BY FRI.2/19/2010.THIS WAS 3 WEEKS AGO. NOW THEY WILL NOT ANSWER MY CALLS OR E MAILS. PAYPAL SAYS TIME PERIOD IS UP FOR TO OPEN A DISPUTE. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I GET MY HARD EARNED MONEY REFUNDED.DO NOT DONATE TO THIS TO THIS BOGUS COMPANY.
LENORE HERMAN
THESE PEOPLE ARE LIARS,THIEVES AND CON ARTISTS

Positive ArchitectSC
June 11, 2009
I have been buying plants from Tall Pines Greenhouses for nearly five years and have never found better quality plants anywhere else. They have an excellent selection of unusual and exciting plants.

When I I recently decided to renovate my lakehouse, the renovation required a landscape overhaul as well, so I called Tall Pines to give me some ideas and an estimate. Being a loyal customer for years, I knew about the quality of the plants they carried; however, I had no idea that they did such incredibly creative and fantastic landscape work. Since I am an architect, I am very specific about design, but I have nothing except good things to say about the work this company has done. I will certainly use them again with any future projects I may have and I plan to recommend them to my clients becuase I am this impressed by their work.
Positive Pegasus123
February 21, 2009
I can't say much about ordering from Tall Pines Greenhouses because I just drive there when I want something from them, but I can say that I love the people who work there and I really love the plants they offer for sale. There is literally no-one else in our area who offers such a unique variety of plants - and offers them at such a fair price. The variety of ferns, elephant ears and bananas they have available is unbelieavble to me. I never go there that I don't come home with something new and exciting.

I am planning to do some revitalization to my yard this spring and I can guarantee that Tall Pines will be doing my landscaping. Can't wait!!!! I'll post the results when they are done.
Positive NADoc
Augusta, GA
February 10, 2009
I recently had Tall Pines completely redo my landscape and I can honestly say that I have never been happier. The professionalism and quality of work, along with the creativity and knowledge of plants, was unrivaled by any other landscaper I have used in the past. Additionally, there was a drainage issue which I had 3 other companies address over the last 2 years and Tall Pines was the only one to get the problem corrected.

Needless to say, I highly recommend Tall Pines Greenhouses! Not only did they do a superb job landscaping my yard (which was a very big job), but they also built me a fantastic deck and dock along the lakefront.
Positive HappyHealer
Graniteville, SC
January 28, 2009
I recently had Tall Pines Greenhouses do some landscaping for me. It was not a very big job, but they treated me like I was just as important as any other customer. Since they specialize in tropicals and ferns, I was very pleased with the selection they offered. I am aware that the owner had a number of family issues last year that caused problems; however, they are apparently back to normal operations and I can not praise them more for a wonderful job and for providing me with some excellent plants.
Negative gracesmith
Longmeadow, MA
August 15, 2008
NIGHTMARE--dealing with Tall Pines Greenhouses--

I dealt with this company on ebay. Prices were too good to be true....First off, I bid for some colocasia, and a musa basjoo (4 plants total). I also bid for a pH meter, but realized I wanted another type. I emailed right away, saying that I bid for it by mistake, and was happy to pay the charge of getting it relisted, or if it was a huge hassle, I'd just pay for it (a whole $10). An email was sent back a few days later saying that they had just had a tornado, violent weather, yada-yada.(And of course I understand that happens, and was cool with waiting a reasonable amount of time). The seller kindly told me that the meter wasn't a big deal, they just had to file it under an unpaid item, but that we were both agreeable about it so the dispute would close amicably. THANK GOD I HAD THIS STATED IN AN EMAIL and had sent a copy of it to my regular email.

After waiting TWO WEEKS for the plants, I sent an email asking about the ETA of the package. Nothing more, nothing less. I understand that they were having crappy weather...I just wanted to be kept in the loop.

TWO more weeks go by, and now I don't even want the plants. Most of the summer is gone, and I will have more than enough house plants to keep myself busy. I sent an email just stating "cancel my order. Thank you".

Lo and behold, no apologetic email, no communication whatsoever, just an email from ebay telling me that the plants shipped the NEXT day....a THURSDAY. Which of course means that the plants will be sitting in the post office, frying for the weekend. THANKS.

I get the plants on Monday, and they are half-dead. So I file a dispute thru paypal.

You guessed it. The seller then filed an "Unpaid Item Strike" against me. Lovely business practice, right? THANK GOD i had a copy of the email communication with the seller in my regular email, because of the MONTH waiting for plants, the original ebay emails had been deleted from my ebay account.

I just can't believe that this seller would go thru all this crap for $40. It would have been so easy to send me an email telling me that they were sorry, etc, etc, here's a refund, here's a coupon towards a next purchase...and I most likely would have bought from them next growing season.

There are so many businesses out there...avoid this one, unless you want to save a couple of dollars and wait a month for half-dead plants and no customer service.
Neutral qwkslver
Pineville, WV (Zone 8a)
June 9, 2008
They won't answer their emails unless it is a new order. Then they will send you a total. I have 2 orders with them. I don't know where the first one is. I'm not paying for the second one until I receive the first one in good condition. They just don't answer their emails.
Negative Mrlynn
Ringgold, GA
May 11, 2008
I placed an order 4/4/08 on the internet. I still have not received it. I emailed them several times before getting an email reply about 3 weeks ago. They told me they had a problem getting their emails and would ship my order the following monday. I still have not received my order. I have emailed them twice more since I last got their email. They have not replied. I live in the same state (Georgia) as they do. I guess I will have to drive to their nursey and demand my money back!
Positive Cretaceous
El Sobrante, CA (Zone 9b)
June 23, 2007
I recently ordered a (fairly hard to find) fern from Tall Pines Greenhouses. The plant arrived promptly and in great shape !