The scoop on 'Frankie's Nursery'

Frankie's Nursery

41-999 Mahiku Place, Waimanalo, Hawaii 96795
Waimanalo, Hawaii 96795 (United States)

Phone: (808)259-8737

Visit Frankie's Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive juku
York Point, NS (Zone 5a)
May 10, 2011
If you're looking for a nursery with quality and rare exotic plants, as well as exception customer service then Frankie's Nursery is it. I was lucky to find this company and deal with Lynn, who has plenty of patience and knowledge to explain and answer all my questions via email & phone calls until I was comfortable to make the purchase. Generally, other nurseries I have queried went silent after my 2nd email/call :>).

The well-packed plants took only 2 days to arrive and are of good quality. I was thrilled. It doesn't happen often that one could find the rare plants that also came in large size and are healthy.

The downsize of my purchase is the high (but expected) shipping cost from 2nd-day Fed Ex because of the distance - from Hawaii to the East coast. Aside from that, their price is reasonable and their collection of the rare exotic plants is great.

Perhaps, because of the certain novelty of receiving plants from a faraway tropical paradise such as Hawaii (I just loved reading the Hawaii newspapers they to wrap the plants :>), or perhaps, because I could count on receiving fair value and quality rare-find goods from them, Frankie's Nursery is my favorite nursery.
Positive omniexist
Bealeton, VA
September 14, 2007
I've had nothing but good experiences with Frankie's...the communication with Lynn was prompt. They have a nice although not fancy website but it suffices.

This nursery suits me because I'm a bit of a stickler regarding cultivars. I like to know exactly the type of fruit I'm getting. So anyway I've managed to order a black sapote (bernecker), mango (rapoza), and sapodilla (alano). They arrive in good condition...considering I live on the east coast. I also didn't find the shipping charges exorbitant as they ship all the way from Hawaii.

Another thing I really like about them is that they actually provided a tracking number...not all nurseries do that. So if you're looking for that particular cultivar fruit tree then Frankie's Nursery is for you.
Positive eyeckr
Virginia Beach, VA (Zone 8a)
July 12, 2007
On a recent trip to Oahu I made a point to visit this nursery to round out my collection of tropical fruit trees. They do ship plants to the mainland but since I had the chance I decided to visit it in person. Frank and Lynn were great and very helpful. Frank even gave me a tour of the large sprawling nursery to show me mature specimens of the trees that were for sale. Some of the fruit are available for sampling but all of the fruit are available for purchase by the pound as a you pick situation. The collection of fruiting plants is incredible and amazing. Here I was able to get some rare plants such as: Tamil Seedless Java Plum, Cabeluda, Limau Limo, Bangkok Santol, Inyen Wax jambu, Seedless Mabolo, White Jaboticaba and the Halawa pummelo. There are more that I obtained but also more I may purchase confidently by mail-order in the future knowing the superb condition of the plants and the kind of business these two run.