The scoop on 'The Silent Seed'

The Silent Seed

35 Franklin St.
Newburyport, Massachusetts 01950 (United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Comments:

Positive musaboru
Ontario, CA
June 15, 2014
Bought some really cheap divisions of Chinese cymbidiums from the Silent Seed on eBay and am happy with my purchase. Will surely order again if I see anything I want. Deserves a thumbs up.
Positive gardengirl30
Wind Gap, PA
February 13, 2012
Awesome quality plants... Could not be happier :) fast service and most importantly a great guy to work with in every way!!!! Love my iris!!! AND geraniums! Jude rocks!!!
Thanks a bunch :)
Positive Sporophyte
Davis, CA
July 21, 2011
I had a great transaction! Vendor was very friendly and responsive and I received my plants quickly and well packed. I'm sure I will buy more plants in the future.
Company representative comment on August 3, 2011:
On Aug 3, 2011 2:53 PM, The Silent Seed responded with:

You are very welcome! Come back anytime! Jude

Positive Sylvinora
St. Catharines
Canada
July 14, 2011
Great vendor with so much patience and quick response. Lovely plants received and well packed (plants are not even dry on one tip!) I shall be back for more plants :-) Thanks!
Company representative comment on July 14, 2011:
On Jul 14, 2011 10:08 PM, The Silent Seed responded with:

You are most welcome - the pleasure was mine - Enjoy the new plants! Best, Jude

Negative annamarg
El Paso, TX
June 30, 2011
Posted on June 30, 2011, updated June 30, 2011
Plants were infested with Mealybugs. Ask for some compensation. I felt the burden was placed on "what I did wrong" rather than satisfaction of the customer. I will not buy from this company again. No real satisfaction.
On June 30th, 2011, annamarg added the following:

The seller wanted to charge me shipping separately for multiple plants. In addition he tried to charge with with his fee involved with Paypal.
Company representative comment on June 30, 2011:
On Jun 30, 2011 4:38 PM, The Silent Seed responded with:

Hello,
I am sorry that you chose not to work this out with me privately.
I am not sure what you mean by the shipping, or the paypal fee - All I charged you was one flat shipping fee, and nothing more.
I understand you may be upset, but it would have been much better to discuss this with me directly - I would have been happy to help you out.
In fact, I'm still happy to - but it does take timely communication. It's been a few months since I last heard from you.
Thanks, Jude

Positive montana26
Wonder Lake, IL
May 30, 2011
EXCELLENT! I ordered a variegated Mandarin Duck Clivia. It is a very nice plant with nice deep colors. It arrived in good condition and safely packaged. It is really growing and I'm very pleased with my purchase! A+++ to this seller!! Being new to this website, I want to say "thank you" for all of the help you gave me to complete my transaction, and now my long over-due feedback! :) I highly recommend this seller, and would not hesitate to make any purchase in the future! Thank you again!! :)
Company representative comment on May 30, 2011:
On May 30, 2011 10:31 AM, The Silent Seed responded with:

You are very welcome - it was my pleasure - and am happy you are enjoying the plant so much! Thanks! Jude

Positive klondike_yukon
Tucker, GA
May 10, 2011
I ordered a Monstera and received it quickly and in apparent good condition. Communication has been smooth. I would do business here again.
Company representative comment on May 10, 2011:
On May 10, 2011 11:51 AM, The Silent Seed responded with:

Thank you - the pleasure was mine! Jude

Positive kennig
Seabrook, TX
May 10, 2011
After looking for white wisteria for two years in Texas, I'm happy to report that I am came acrossed it being offered by this seller. The transaction was very smooth and quick and I had good communication with the seller throughout the entire transaction. The wisteria arrived well packaged and in perfect condition. I will definitely buy from this seller again in the future. Thanks so much! My mom, mother-in-law and sisters are going to be thrilled! Thanks again!
Company representative comment on May 10, 2011:
On May 10, 2011 11:01 AM, The Silent Seed responded with:

It was my pleasure - thank you!

Positive sirmoebly
Oak Harbor, OH
March 15, 2011
Good people to deal with. Good shipping rates & fast. I am very pleased.
Thanks Again.......
Company representative comment on March 15, 2011:
On Mar 15, 2011 12:30 PM, The Silent Seed responded with:

Thank you very much! Nice working with you!
Jude

Positive Warghoulie
Hunlock Creek, PA
March 7, 2011
I ordered a Rhoeo and a Sansevieria subspicata, both came in good shape and are growing beautifully. Fast shipping and great correspondence, I would defintely buy from again.
Company representative comment on March 7, 2011:
On Mar 7, 2011 12:39 PM, The Silent Seed responded with:

It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you! Jude

Positive Amber_lee
Seminole, OK (Zone 7a)
February 25, 2011
I ordered Crinum Lilies from Duncanju (The Silent Seed) and was very pleased. One in particular was just amazing. She worked with me on payment and payment method. The bulbs were all nice with roots. They were shipped in a postal box with plenty of packing material to keep them safe. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from her again and hope to do so in the future.
Company representative comment on February 25, 2011:
On Feb 25, 2011 8:22 PM, The Silent Seed responded with:

It was a pleasure working with you, and thank you! Jude

Negative smurfwv
Cabin Creek, WV (Zone 6a)
January 30, 2011
Posted on January 19, 2011
I ordered a titan arum tuber from platteborze123 (The Silent Seed) on ebay.When I got it I was horrified. It was a used elder beerman box that had been crushed. The plant looked as if it had been frozen, the leaf died. Well into 2 weeks the tuber started to rot. an email was sent to the seller and he said send it back for a replacement. I told him that due to the unethical packaging (some ribbon and wrapping paper) and damage to the tuber I did not want to get a credit because I didn't want anything else from him. So ebay went in my favor, i'm sending the rotted bulb back for a refund of 62.99. I don't think anyone who runs a plant business would be sending tender tropicals in the dead of winter as titan arums DON"T survive temps under 50*F and definately not a freeze. I found this out after researching info on a botanical garden site.
Company representative comment on January 31, 2011:
On Jan 19, 2011 4:44 PM, The Silent Seed responded with:

Sir,
I am sorry that this proved to be a difficult transaction. My auction clearly states to return the tuber for me to offer a refund/replacement. I'm not sure why you refused to do this, until Ebay directed you to do so.
All you had to do, was to return the tuber, and it would have been taken care of. Unfortunately you are the first, and only, person to have had any issues with my TItan Arums.
Good luck to you.
On January 19th, 2011, duncanju added the following:

Again, I'm not sure why you didn't return the tuber immediately upon discovering any trouble, as indicated in my Ebay auction. I would have happily refunded your money with no further issue.

On Jan 31, 2011 11:51 AM, The Silent Seed added:

UPDATE: The tuber was finally returned, and is now happily sending up a new leaf.