The scoop on 'Hostas by Sissinghurst'

Hostas by Sissinghurst

P.O. Box 190452
Dallas, Texas 75219-0452 (United States)

Visit Hostas by Sissinghurst at:

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Company Comment, posted on August 25, 2010:
Hosta's at Sissinghurst, Inc. is a fund raising supplier. Our primary goods are Hostas. We buy Hostas from growers for non profits, schools and churches to sell and make at least 30% per cent profit. The operative has no investment to make what so ever and we provide free shipping to the fund raising location.
Sissinghurst product is presently Hostas, but we still endeavor to bring additional options to the company. Any company who has goods that they think will make good profits for our clients, Please feel free to bring it to our attention.

Sissinghurst periodically sell hostas at retail or in Coops. If interested please contact us.

L. Sylvia Butler, CEO
Hostas at Sissinghurst, Inc.
P. O Box 541891
sbutler@sissinghurst-hostas.com
Dallas TX 75354-1891
214-350-3034

Comments:

Positive lhwelch
Antioch, TN
June 16, 2009
I ordered some ferns from Sylvia throug e-bay. They arrived promptly and in good condition. I will definitely order other plants from her in the future.
Positive tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI (Zone 5a)
May 11, 2009
I've ordered from Sissinghurst three times now, twice hostas and once for ferns. [15 hostas and 4 ferns]

All of the plants received have had great root systems, all shipped bare root, nicely wrapped and packaged.

The ferns were mislabeled by the supplier, and i'm expecting my new [correct] ferns next week.
Positive Mima56
Thayer, MO (Zone 6a)
June 3, 2008
I am giving a positive rating to Sissinghurst with several warnings to others included.

I placed my first order on April 5, assuming that the plants offered would be ready for shipping. Not so.
Fully expecting an email stating the shipping date, I finally emailed Sissinghurst asking if my plants had shipped yet. I received a reply that they would be shipped during a wide window of about a month. (I can't quote fully since I didn't save that email.)
My plants arrived the last week in May, almost two months after ordering. I was getting nervous, since our temps are usually too high for safe shipping of live plants by then.

The plants were in good shape, though I was disappointed to find that they were shipped with the roots in baggies, not pots. I was unable to set them out immediately and worried about how they would hold up........(They held up well.)

Too, if it matters to you, these are definitely baby plants. However, they are very full with several eyes, which is a plus.

If I reorder from Sissinghurst next year, I will certainly take all of the above into consideration.