The scoop on 'Northern Tropics'

Northern Tropics

1501 East Fuson Road
Muncie, Indiana 47302 (United States)

Phone: 765-289-2929
Fax: 765-289-2929

Comments:

Positive hardytropicals
Chesapeake, VA
June 18, 2013
About three week's ago we ordered some Persian palm elephant ear plant's.Our plant's arrived in good time.I was pleasantly surprised at the size and condition of our new plant's.Our plant's are thriving in their new home.We will absolutely be regular customer's.
Positive GreenFin
Saint George, KS
March 1, 2012
I ordered a Musa Mini (aka Super Dwarf Cavendish) from Northern Tropics about a month ago.

I was actually startled at how big it was. I was expecting a 3" starter plant, but the thing was a foot tall with a p-stem about 2" thick. Pretty awesome :)

I planted it in my greenhouse when it arrived, and it has been happily pushing out new leaves every 5 days or so.

Positive Blackbelt_Lizzy
La Grange Park, IL
May 19, 2010
This was my first order based on all the recommendations on this site. My plants arrived today, very well packed and I was very pleased and surprised by the size of all the plants, especially the Abyssinian Red Banana plants (over 2ft tall!). The prices of all the plant I purchased were very reasonable. I will definitely add Northern Tropics to my collection of favorite nurseries.
Positive cheson74
Marlton, NJ
May 12, 2010
Posted on May 10, 2010, updated May 12, 2010
First time ordering from Northern Tropics. I saw their ad at Bananas.org and figured I'd give it a shot. I placed an order for 2 Colocasia Jacks Giant elephant. Both plants arrived in a timely manner. One of the plants had a badly damaged ear due to the postal service (giant dent on the box). I just planted them outside so we'll see how well they grow!

I placed another order for 2 Ensete Maurelii a few days ago from Northern Tropics. They ship every Monday and Tuesday so I should have them by week's end.
On May 12th, 2010, cheson74 added the following:

Update:

Order #1351

Received the 2 Ensete Maurelii and a Hibiscus. All 3 plants are in wonderful condition. The Ensete Maurelii are over 2.5 feet and extremely healthy. I can't wait to see how big these get this summer. I highly recommend this company.
Positive rah127
Dalton, GA (Zone 7b)
May 27, 2009
very happy with my plant--good customer service
Positive GingerRTX
Houston, TX
May 22, 2009
I found Northern Tropics via a Google search for heirloom tomatoes. I had purchased the upside down tomato grower for four friends/family and thought it'd be fun for them to have some unusual tomatoes. Until I got to the Northern Tropics website I had no idea there were so many varieties of heirloom tomatoes. All of the plants arrived in excellent condition and have set blooms within a week of being planted. Sandy even replaced one order, at no charge to me, due to a postal delivery error. I will definitely buy from NT any time.
Positive magnaastra
Charleston, IL (Zone 6a)
April 30, 2009
Has lots of very unusual tomato varieties, some you won't find anywhere else, at very reasonable prices, sold by a friendly and responsive proprietor. Got thirteen assorted plants in this order; all were very healthy and very well-packed, obviously have been lovingly cared for. Liked them so much I placed an order for another twelve plants...plus some peppers!
Positive fharper
Newport, NC
April 10, 2009
Recently I ordered 8 banana plants from Sandy at Northern Tropics Greenhouse in IN. I live in coastal NC and being the plants were 8-12" tall I was somewhat concerned as to the condition they might arrive in. The box arrived, I opened it and was extremely impressed with the packaging and condition of the plants. They were beautiful leafy plants in perfect condition. Couldn't have looked better if I had purchased them from a local nursery. I'd like to express my gratitude for the way Sandy conducts business. If you want beautiful plants from a business that really cares, I highly recommend Sandy and Northern Tropics. I'll certainly be a repeat customer!
Positive austinl01
Sherwood, AR
April 2, 2009
Northern Tropics always sends great plants at a great price! When you open the box of plants, you will have a smile on your face and will be very happy with the quality. There's no way you'll be disappointed! The company is definitely an asset to the mail order plant world. Thanks!
Positive santeelady
Santee, CA (Zone 9a)
April 28, 2008
I bought 8 different tomato plants from their eBay offerings. These plants came to me so well packaged, I really could tell that the plants were cared for from the start. Nice strong and healthy when received and doing well in my garden only one week later. Would recommend this company to family and friends alike. Great prices too!