The scoop on 'Alan Smith Tropical Fruit Trees'

Alan Smith Tropical Fruit Trees

7341 121st Terrace North
Largo, Florida 33773 (United States)

Comments:

Positive AZPHATMAN
Mesa, AZ
October 11, 2007
I found Alan Smith Tropical Fruit Trees while on my search for a Pandanus amaryllifolius roxb which is more commonly known as Pandan. I wanted a large one in hopes that it would survive our hot Arizona summers. After a great deal of searching I found some posts mentioning that he has sold Pandan to some of the members on another Gardening site so I did a Google search for him and I found many references to him by news papers and web articles. I gave him a call and I found him to be very friendly and knowledgeable. If memory serves he said he has been selling tropical fruit trees and Thai herbs for 17 years. At the time of our conversation he had three large Pandan plants and a bunch of small ones. I ordered a Large one for $ 35.00 and the total with packaging and shipping came to $ 71.45. He does not take credit cards so I USPS Priority Mailed him a money order the next morning and in no time a large healthy plant was sitting at my door along with a nice bunch of freshly cut Pandan leaves which I made Pandan Chicken with to the delight of my whole family.

After such a friendly and successful transaction I am planning on buying some more Thai herb plants and a Kaffir Lime Tree from him next spring.
Positive RobynLacy
Sacramento, CA (Zone 10a)
August 27, 2003
Just got a Michelia alba from them....received it in a funny looking box...my hopes sank, the tape was coming off and the box looked worse for wear. Opened it and the Michelia was in fabulous shape, even blooming! No lost blooms!
Worth the money! Large trees and great service!
Positive mehitabel
St. Louis, MO (Zone 6a)
April 23, 2003
troptrees offers plants not available elsewhere. Jasmines I bought were big and beautiful--4 feet tall-- and very reasonable, packed well and shipped promptly.