The scoop on 'Chateau CharMarron Peony Gardens'

Chateau CharMarron Peony Gardens

5335 Sierra Road
San Jose, California 95132 (United States)

Comments:

Positive iykim
Hillsborough, CA (Zone 10a)
April 22, 2015
I love Chateau Charmarron Peony Gardens, and Marcia Reed who owns this business is wonderful. Since I work about 30-min drive from her business, I decided to pay a visit. She has a garden full of Chinese, Japanese, European varieties in herbaceous, intersectional (Itoh), and tree forms. When peonies are in bloom, it's spectacular. I saw a Coral Sunset there, and I placed my order for two root divisions for the following year's peony planting season. As soon as they arrived, I picked them up. Really large roots with more than six eyes on each one (I think I counted 12 on one, and about 7 or 8 on the other). They came up and bloomed the first year! Unlike the peony roots from discount places, which takes years for them to be mature enough to bloom, these performed for me the first year. I was so satisfied, I went and bought five more peonies of all types (tree, Ito, herbaceous). These are about to bloom now. I am very pleased with the quality of Marcia's peonies. She is also very easy to talk to, and we have great conversations whenever I go there.
Positive dgrhosta
Marietta, GA
January 14, 2015
While I really was not in favor of doing online shopping due to very bad experiences in the past. We decided to look at all of the forums and experiences that others have had and then check those that we found on Daves sight to see if they were any good and what problems did these providers and consumers had and see how each were handled. the complaint had a positive review
We came across Charmarron from a post given on the garden forum web sight.
While still reluctant to do business. I called Charmarron and spoke with Marsha the owner. She was very impressive, Friendly, Very knowledgable about Tree ,herb., Itoh and others and was very helpful as to All questions and added her suggestions to try and make my investment a successful one.
We made our order still somewhat hesitant but confident that the company would provide the best product for a very reasonable price.
WELL today we received our order and was supprised that the boxes were as heavy as they were. One was for tree peonies and the other was for herbaceious. upon opening the boxes we were amazed at the Quality of the shipping prep of the plants. Also we were completely taken back by the size of all of the peonies. The sight stated that 3-5 eyes were to be expected BUT we found none under 6 eyes and in very good condition.. These plants were larger that I could have expected if we had bought these at a local nursery. LOVE THE experience I called Marsha and informed her of just how supprised and pleased we were and that we intend to be back with more orders. We are COMPLETELY satisified with this transaction and look fwd to future peony varieties FROM PEONIES4U.COM
Positive ycn4chin
Dickson, TN
November 19, 2014
I found this company by searching for a particular variety of peony. They have an extensive listing of peonies. I ordered four, and sent a check. I received an email with a tracking number and the peonies were shipped on Saturday and arrived on Monday! They were fresh, large divisions with many eyes. I also like that they will ship in November, as I have found that peonies planted in September in my garden will sometimes break dormancy and sprout above ground. I highly recommend this company and will check here first when I am looking for a variety of peony.
Positive graycrna4u
Clemmons, NC
December 28, 2013
Just received 3 tp's from chateau marcharron. All plants were large, with excellent limb size, and extensive root systems. The prices were the best i could find for the quality of the plant. They also have an excellent selection. I will definitely order more in the future.
Positive bryana
Albany, NY
October 9, 2012
I ordered two rockii tree peony plants. They arrived very well packaged - they had small roots but the top branches looked good. I took a chance and ordered three Chinese tree peonies - they all had very good root systems with generous top size branches.
A very good value - they charge less than other tree peonies I have ordered. You have to make a selection, send email and then a check. They respond and ship quickly.
Neutral JenniferRuth
San Diego, CA (Zone 10b)
September 14, 2010
According to their website, they are no longer selling irises, only peonies and tree peonies. It says, "We have come to the end of our 15 year history as an iris garden!
We would like to thank all of you who are growing our irises and Happy
Bloom Time to you all. We have decided to put all of our energies into
our 10-year old peony garden which provides wonderful cut flower varieties
of herbaceous peonies and provides a unique collection of the National
Flower of China, tree peonies."

Jennifer
Company representative comment on October 30, 2010:
On Oct 30, 2010 9:18 AM, Chateau CharMarron Peony Gardens responded with:

Sorry, I have asked Dave's Garden a number of times to remove the reference to irises on my listing as we no longer grow irises for sale....only herbaceous, Itoh, and tree peonies.