The scoop on 'David Austin Roses (UK)'

David Austin Roses (UK)

Comments:

Positive njarratt
London + Italy
April 25, 2008
Recently placed my first order. Customer service communication was excellent and the order arrived promptly. If the roses do OK, I will become a regular customer.
Positive randmwright
Columbus, NE
June 8, 2007
I have ordered from David Austin Roses each of the past years. I have a large garden of roses including English roses, hybrid teas, floribundas, shrubs, climbers, and tree roses; about 60 roses total. I find the David Austin roses to be very healthy and prolific--as well as having delightful form and fragrance.
Of the 20 English roses I have ordered from this company only one failed to thrive in the first year-only one small cane lived--but the company sent me a replacement.
Also, the catalog is beautiful! I keep mine on the coffee table year round. I find inspiration from the rose arrangements shown in the catalog.
Positive hepatica
Darwen
February 19, 2006
I ordered six roses for my Mother as a gift last spring, including Crocus Rose, Pat Austin, Harlow Carr and Teasing Georgia. All have established themselves quickly, flowering really well in their first summer. My Mother loves cutting them for the house and almost every time I visited last summer, I noticed that she had a little fragrant posy proudly displayed on her mantlepiece.

The only problem is that she seems addicted. In November her rose garden was extended with a little hedge of roses as a present at her request for her birthday, using her favourite rose Harlow Carr from her original collection. It has medium sized flowers compared to some of her other David Austin roses, but flowers all summer long and has a traditional strong old rose fragrance which reminds her of her own mother's garden.

The people I spoke to from customer service have all been helpful and friendly and I would recommend their roses (my Mother won't have any other roses now) and the company without hestiation.
Positive worthy
westport
Ireland
November 21, 2005
Fabulous roses, great catalogue, and OK website. Only negative is that the prices are a bit high.
Positive patricianuk
Doncaster, yorkshire
August 2, 2005
First I must explain that I live in the UK and my son and his family live practically within walking distance of David Austin Roses and I have visited the Rose Gardens several times. So far I have 3 Winchester Cathedral, a Constance Spry, 2 Teasing Georgia and a Pat Austin. They are by far the best roses I have ever come across being resistant and prolific and with beautiful scent. So far, mine have all beeen purchased direct and I have always found the staff friendly, helpful and knowledgeable - and if they don't know personally, then they find some one who does - they don't fob you off with gobble-de-gook. My next purchases will probably be from the traditional collections - 2 white climbing/rambling types to replace losses occurred some years ago - a 'Mme Alfred Carrière' and an ' Albéric Barbier' both varieties over 100 years old - I would also like a 'Rambling Rector' if I can find room, but it isn't called 'rambling' for nothing - perfect for covering an ugly shed, wall or other eyesore. May I recommend to our US gardening friends that if they are unsure about growing these roses, they contact the Company, tell them your concerns and follow there recommendations. I personally live quite far North in the UK and they take all that the weather throws at them - most recently downpours of rain followed by really scorching days. If you do find yourself in the UK and can get to Albrighton - a speedy drive out from Wolverhampton - you will truly fall in love with the roses - and you can get a light lunch or snack or a very English teatime treat with home-made cakes!
Positive galewhite
June 1, 2002
Of three plants received this season, only one is thriving, but Customer Service has made up for this disappointment. Sellers be aware! The customer service rep who has dealt with my problems has responded promptly and politely to my emails, never questioning the integrity of my complaints. Perhaps this is because I notified the company promptly about a problem and was knowledgeable enough to specify the particular problems, but when I did so, the company didn't blame me but instead offered to replace the problem plant (or finally to refund my money). Despite being extremely disappointed with bare spots in my garden this season, what I'll remember about this company is its responsiveness, not the fact that I didn't end up with the roses I wanted (which, by the way, were not what this company specializes in).
Positive Lynnette
Courtenay
Canada
February 20, 2002
I have ordered from David Austin and his roses were large and healthy. This is a first rate company.
Positive juliandebosdari
February 1, 2002
12 Roses ordered in November, delivered Feb in first class condition, on the day promised. Second order from DA. Service first rate both times.