The scoop on 'Berry Hill Irrigation, Inc.'

Berry Hill Irrigation, Inc.

3744 Highway 58
Buffalo Junction, Virginia 24529 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-345-3747

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

» Like them on Facebook
This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive usedrip
Buffalo Junction, VA
February 21, 2014
We are sorry North, SC had a bad experience. Clearly, the Snowstorm in the Southeast last week caused havoc, deaths and delayed deliveries. UPS should update their notices from Weather Delay to something explaining that they are just 'backed up' and overwhelmed.

We strive for excellent customer service, but we are not perfect & things are sometimes out of our control.

Happy Gardening and let's hope the weather improves soon!
Positive NorthSC
North, SC (Zone 8a)
February 20, 2014
Posted on February 19, 2014, updated February 20, 2014
Posted on February 19, 2014, updated February 19, 2014
Posted on February 18, 2014, updated February 19, 2014
I ordered 12 ft. x 300 ft. ground cover fabric and 1000 staples to hold the fabric. UPS tracking number was issued on the next day. The delivery was scheduled for the next day (wow!) but never was delivered by UPS (what a joke) due to "adverse weather conditions" (I spent all day waiting for it with unlocked security gates, nothing). Then they rescheduled the delivery for 5 days later (5 days later!). OK, I'm patient, so I unlocked the delivery gates on the day of delivery 5 days later as they scheduled and waited all day. Nothing. 8 AM to 12 PM nothing. Time wasted. It was rescheduled due to "Adverse Weather Conditions". The weather was great on that day and the tracking said the shipment was 20 miles from my house. No delivery. It was a warem sunny day. What the? Lazy UPS? Rescheduled delivery for the next day. Waited until 4 PM all day from early morning to 4 PM then I had to leave the house. Came back, I found only the staples box was delivered. No fabric. No tracking, UPS has no idea, no info. I purchased from them in the past, why would they screw with the existing customer? I may update this review later, but so far after paying a lot of money all I got was a little box with staples delivered and no 300 foot long x 12 foot wide roll of fabric. Nothing. No tracking number, no message from "Berry Hill Drip (and Irrigation?)"). I feel like I paid over $300 for just a box of staples? Yeah, right!? Calling my card provider to submit a chargeback! Will order fabric from a DECENT company!!
On February 19th, 2014, NorthSC changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

After calling the company I have obtained the necessary information for delivery of my product. It appears they forgot to provide it to me when my card was being charged and are shipping it separately from the one that arrived.
On February 20th, 2014, NorthSC added the following:

P.S.: Too many failed business transactions (careless handling of my orders) on that day and that week caused me a huge breakdown.
Negative Dempsey
Big Lake, MN
March 12, 2013
It is like this company doesn't want me to order from them. The website and catalog are very difficult to use in conjunction. The website wasn't giving me enough info so I ordered a catalog and found what I wanted and then tried to order online. There are no order numbers on line and everything is different from the catalog so it was a mess.

Then I decided to get a quote on shipping and a made to order row cover, my email was never replied to. Then I called and left a message and still couldn't get help.

Finally I called in business hours and at first could get no one. Someone finally returned my call and said I could not get the size row cover I wanted as it was too small an order. They made no effort to help me find a suitable replacement.
After all that, I went back to google and found a bunch of other suppliers that had all the items I needed (an order of several hundred dollars).
Company representative comment on March 13, 2013:
On Mar 13, 2013 9:38 AM, Berry Hill Irrigation, Inc. responded with:

We are very sorry that you are unable to navigate the online catalog. We stock a great deal of Frost Covers, but yes, many are custom-made and the manufacturer has minimum requirements that we have to meet. Therefore, online, you will only see how to order In-Stock Covers.
I cannot imagine that we did not answer the telephone during business hours, but I suppose it could happen. The fact that the salesperson did not offer to help you find a suitable substitution is inexcusable as well. We strive for excellent customer service and try to give each customer our attention. I apologize that you were not given that service.
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We wish you a fruitful growing season.

Positive KeithLovegrove
Madison Heights, VA
July 7, 2010
Very patient and extremely helpful with a person new to drip. We
have 10 different beds throughout the yard some with flowers some with shrubs some with shrubs and flowers. All questions were answered and very good advice given . First class
company and people is what makes a company first class.
Positive dbdvol
Stockton, NJ
July 22, 2009
Berry Hill has been my irriagation supplier for over 10 years.
The service that they provide both in products and advice has been extreamly helpful for my bussiness. I have from time to time looked for better prices but I am rarely susscesful.
Positive dave
July 10, 2009
Berry Hill sent me their container drip irrigation kit, and I'm very impressed with the quality and thought that went into this. The "main line" is properly sized to bring water to all the drip units.

The drip units themselves are well designed and are heavy on the basket end, which will help keep the dripper in the basket.

The kit includes a snazzy filter and hose nozzle in the same slim unit which makes hooking up (to a hose) as intuitive as possible. I am planning on getting it hooked into my PVC based automatic sprinkler system, which means my hanging baskets will get water when the sprinkler zone goes off.

I am very impressed with their kit. If the rest of their products have the same level of quality then I'd never hesitate from ordering from them.
Positive clare401
Montauk, NY
July 5, 2009
Berry Hill is an excellent company. Goods arrive on time, well packed. The products they offer are great. If you email them on any matter they get back to you straight away. Nice friendly staff.
Positive glewis
Modesto, CA
July 4, 2009
I needed a misting set up for my motorhome before a trip to the desert and they were very helpful in picking out the correct equipment and getting it to me in time for the trip. I would recommend them to anyone.
Positive kavitzjames
July 3, 2009
I have been using this company for the past three years. Their service has been great. The president even showed my how to assemble my new system when I first bought it 3 years ago. When ever I order, it is shipped the next day. The president personally designed my system and it works just as designed with little maintenance.
Positive ChrisRobbins
Ashland City, TN
July 3, 2009
I have been purchasing equipment from Berry Hill Irrigation for about 8 years my personal gardening/ vegetable production. As well as for two university research stations specializing in small-scale commercial vegetable production.
They are always extremely helpful, and very timely in their delivery of products as well as quotes, fast shipping directly to my farm no matter the size or amount of my orders. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to purchase any type of irrigation supplies they are extremely knowledgeable on all aspects of irrigation system design set-up and operation.