The scoop on 'Daylily and Hosta Gardens'

Daylily and Hosta Gardens

2396 Roper Mountain Road
Simpsonville, South Carolina 29681 (United States)

Phone: 864-297-9043

Visit Daylily and Hosta Gardens at:

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Company Comment, posted on December 22, 2007:
Welcome Fellow Gardener !!! After collecting Daylilies and Hostas for over 20 years, we opened our garden to visitors in 1998 as a family business. We grow and ship over 900 different AHS registered varieties of Daylilies and Hostas. Our garden is licensed, state inspected and certified by the S.C. Department of Plant Industry and we guarantee plants to be healthy and true to name. Visit our website for hundreds of color photos and detailed descriptions of daylilies, along with hosta plant descriptions. Member of American Hemerocallis Society and American Hosta Society. Thank you and Happy Gardening !

Comments:

Positive mcneillsr
Columbia, SC
June 26, 2013
Cynthia and crew were wonderful to deal with. Very helpful and knowledgeably. Great selection of hostas. Very family friendly. Had my granddaughter with me when I went to pick up hostas. Cynthia took her out into the daylily field and help her pick several blooms. She couldn't stop talking about it. Great dealing with people who love what they are doing.
Positive emcrayons
Huron, SD
August 31, 2011
Posted on July 21, 2010, updated August 31, 2011
I ordered several daylilies in May. They were in excellent condition and larger than expected. Cynthia was very easy to work with. Some of the daylilies even bloomed this year. Her prices were very reasonable. I will be ordering from Cynthia when I need daylilies again.
On August 31st, 2011, emcrayons added the following:

I ordered several daylilies again this year. They were also very large and in excellent condition. Some of them also bloomed this year. All of last year's purchases are thriving and have gorgeous blooms. I highly recommend purchasing plants from Cynthia.
Positive fuzzykitty_1
Houston, TX
April 10, 2009
Cynthia was exceptional to work with from start to finish. She let me know via email when she was shipping my plants. When they arrived, they were still extremely healthy. There were even some triple fans! I really appreciated the strapping specimens I received.
Positive AmyA26
Midland, TX
April 8, 2009
Cynthia is wonderful to deal with. She e-mails you and asks you when you want to receive your plants and when they are shipped. It seems as though she really cares about her customers and her plants. I received my daylilies today and they look beautiful. Some doubles were even triples!! I would definitely order from this complany again.
Positive wmc
Oak Park, IL (Zone 5a)
September 6, 2008
Cynthia at Daylily and Hosta Gardens is personable and perfectionistic.
I've ordered hostas twice this summer after visiting her garden in
South Carolina where its expanse, variety, and beauty make it a worthy
tourist stop in itself. Over 900 varieties of daylilies and hostas can be viewed.
The hostas arrived to my home in the Chicago area in good health and of
ample size. Not the least expensive selection perhaps; however, unusual hard-to-find varieties, first-name-basis service, and free bonus choices (to offset shipping costs) add up to "you get what you pay for."
Positive bisa80
Eighty Four, PA (Zone 6a)
June 26, 2008
I recieved my daylilies exactly when I requested and was promised. The fans were very healthy and did not seem to have any shock from shipping. Many of the fans were even triples instead of the double that was promised. I will look for there sales and purchase again! Very Very Happy!
Positive jcitybone
Roxbury, NY
June 23, 2008
The daylillies were shipped and arrived prompltly. They looked great, and are now all in the ground up at our Catskills house. Looking forward to a future explosion of pink!
Positive daylilydazed
Sewaren, NJ
June 15, 2008
I ordered for the first time from this company and what a great experience it was. Both DLs and Hostas were healthy and a nice size. Each and every plant is thriving. Cynthia communicates very well and promptly by e-mail. I will definitely order again from her.
Positive BeaHive
Dallas, OR (Zone 8a)
May 30, 2008
"Fan"tastic..excuse the pun. great fans..great customer service and my order arrived sooner than expected.The fans are so healthy. Can't wait until they bloom!
Positive plantnutz
Austell, GA (Zone 7a)
May 28, 2008
I received huge healthy daylilies. Cynthia is great to deal with.
Positive IRIS
Greenville, SC (Zone 7a)
May 28, 2008
I am always Very pleased with the daylilys from this company! Always Nice Healthy Huge Fans and always get helpful information if asked! I've gotten Daylilys from different places/area's, But, This place is my no.1 choice and I highly recommend this place!! I am Very Satisfied with the plants that she sells and have decided that this will be the only place I will ever buy Daylilys from anymore! I have posted a photo of some of the plants that I had gotten from her on Daves Garden and some of the people who see them were amazed. Really are some Great plants and Nice people at Daylily and Hosta Gardens!
Positive blpender
Dowagiac, MI
May 14, 2008
I just received my first order from Daylily and Hosta Gardens. The fans are huge and healthy, I couldn't be more pleased. Cynthia was wonderful to do business with, and very quick and courteous with her replies to my questions. I would highly recommend this grower.
blpender
Positive shadowpaige64507
Birmingham, AL (Zone 7b)
April 7, 2008
Very pleased from day one with this company. They delivered what they said they would. Plants came in healthy and look very nice in my yard.
Positive AngelaE
Greer, SC
March 16, 2008
For over the past ten years, I have been a regular visitor of the Daylily and Hosta Gardens or as I refer to them as "Cynthia's Gardens". I remember going to her home and buying daylilies before her current garden sight. Plants from the gardens have always been very healthy and continue to grow, mature, and multiply. Cynthia is very knowledgeable about her plants and extremely helpful. I love visiting, walking through the gardens, and feel like a part of Cynthia's family. The gardens are a peacefull escape from my busy life and I enjoy every minute I spend at the gardens.
Positive Melindi
Greenville, SC
March 8, 2008
My experience of Cynthia, the owner, is that she is extraordinarily organized, prompt and efficient. She offers a diverse range of daylilies and hostas from which I can select -- from the common to the rare. The plants themselves are large, of high quality and have healthy root systems. It is rare these days to receive such personalized and professional service!
Positive Lisaclanton
Charlotte, NC
March 5, 2008
Cynthia's gardens are amazing. So much so that I travel over 100 miles in the spring to spend an afternoon enjoying the gardens, browsing the catalogues showing the varieties of daylilies and enjoying converation with Cynthia and her family who help out with the garden. Cynthia is amazingly knowledgeable about her plants. I can't wait to add new varieties to my gardens this spring.
On March 5th, 2008, Lisaclanton added the following:

Positive mssunshine57
Piedmont, SC
March 3, 2008
Cynthia is always a true pleasure to deal with. She's very knowledgable, friendly and professional. Her prices are better than reasonable. The variety of plants is amazing. She really knows her business inside and out! I look forward to my visits every spring.
Positive Rene10
Wauchula, FL (Zone 9b)
March 1, 2008
I just recieved a shipment from Cynthia & I would rate her as # 1 The plants {daylillies] arrived in great shape & are nice healthy plants, They were very well packed & labeled.
Positive corgiowner
Taylors, SC
February 27, 2008
A trip to this garden is worth a million words. The selection of daylilies and hosta's is overwhelming. The displays are well marked with each variety identified. The service is excellent and the conversation is educational. I have been buying plants from Cynthia for 5 years now over 300 and never miss the opportunity to drop in to see the latest varieties. I can always find something I have to take home! It is a wonderfully calming and beautiful experience!
Positive myrahill
Greenville, SC
February 26, 2008
Daylily and Hosta Garden has over 900 varieties of daylilys. It is a wonderful experience just to stroll through the garden, or look through the catalog that includes photographs of most of the varieties. In addition to such a huge selection, the service and prices are excellent!
Positive RonBryson
Greer, SC
February 26, 2008
Since I moved to Greenville 4 years ago, Cynthia has been my only source of daylillies. Her selection is temendous, the atmosphere is superb and the prices are reasonable. I should know, I have purchased over 130 daylillies and 50 hostas from her