The scoop on 'DripWorks'

DripWorks

190 Sanhedrin Circle
Willits, California 95490 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-522-3747

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free in US

» Like them on Facebook
This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Company Comment, posted on March 20, 2009:
DripWorks offers competitively priced quality drip irrigation systems and supplies. Request a free mail order catalog or order online today. Knowledgeable and friendly customer service staff. Best selection of drip irrigation parts for the home gardener, landscaper, and farmer.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative cpfleming
Ronan, MT
July 19, 2013
Posted on July 18, 2013, updated July 19, 2013
If some one orders from this company I feel like there are a few things that they should be aware of first. They do carry quality products that are competitively priced. Unfortunately that doesn't make up for their haphazard packing practices and lack of customer support. I placed a $300 order with them so I could put in an automated drip system for my melon crop. They just threw all the fittings in a couple bags and shipped it in a box with no packing material. I have placed three orders with them and have received all the same way. The first order was fine but the second had a broken fitting in it. I emailed them like I do whenever I have an issue with a company. I let them know that I would like a replacement fitting since I believed they were at fault for not adding any packing material. I waited 3 or 4 days before finally just ordering another one because I under estimated and had to order more supplies. They had a comment section when I ordered, I let them know about the broken fitting and not getting any response to my email. I guess since I was doing more business with them that was enough to warrant a response because within a few hours I received an email saying how sorry they were that no one in the customer service dept. gotten back to me. So they credited me the fitting, which would have been great except when I received this third order it also had the same fitting broken. At this point I was pretty mad because now I was getting way behind on finishing up my watering system so I could put my transplants in the ground. I emailed them again and let them know basically what I just said in the preceding sentences. Now I know I wasn't very nice in my email, but I was getting a little tired of their BS. You think they could have at least sent me some sort of response. It's been over two weeks and I still haven't heard back from them.

Caveat emptor
On July 19th, 2013, cpfleming added the following:

Yesterday when I got home from work my room mate informed me that some one from Drip Works had called and would like to speak to me regarding my orders. Wow, so you have the time to monitor message boards on the internet for negative feedback but no time to return an email? So now that it's the middle of summer and I'm extremely busy on the farm I'm supposed to take the time to call you? For what? I already solved the problem on my own, it cost me about twenty dollars more and a 120 mile round trip to Missoula but at least I have my plants in the ground now.
Positive MikeD
Liberal, OR (Zone 8b)
June 27, 2013
I have been ordering the drip irrigation system parts for our farm from DripWorks since about 2002. As a matter of fact, I just placed this year's order on Sunday and it arrived on Tuesday! They have great prices, are (as noted) fast, and are very helpful in design and solving problems. I recommend them to all of my family, friends and customers. Keep up the great work folks! Mike
Company representative comment on July 2, 2013:
On Jul 2, 2013 1:49 PM, DripWorks responded with:

Thanks Mike! We appreciate your patronage and loyal support! (:

Negative furballfarm
Tilden, NE
June 24, 2013
BUYER BEWARE, I purchased from this company based on the "top 5" . Purchased the heart of the garden kit and 2 add on kits for trees and shrubs. Viewed and reviewed all videos numerous times before starting the project. Took vacation day so that I could set up the system without being rushed. Over and over tried to get the emitters into the main line. Again watched the videos and double check each step. The emitters do NOT want to go into the mainline tubing.
Called for assistance , that was my second mistake~told her what I ordered and what me problem , she asked me questions as if she was totally clueless and reading off some paper. Wanted to know if I ran hot water over the tubing, what punch (duh the punch comes in the "heart kit")....PUT ME ON HOLD 3 TIMES. Seriously I am out along the road laying under spruce trees and I am supposed run hot water over the tubing.
Finally told me that I am using the wrong punch. I stated that I am using the punch that comes in the kit. She tells me it is the wrong punch for the add on kits. Never did I see anything telling me I need a different punch for the add on kit.
So I take time off from work, plan to be out of town and wanted the irrigation for my trees and now I am supposed to wait for her to send a different punch in the mail.
This is what I got for my $160. A bunch of plastic tubing that can't be connected because the company failed to post that a different punch is required.
Dripworks online assistance is a annoying joke. BEWARE
Company representative comment on July 2, 2013:
On Jul 2, 2013 1:48 PM, DripWorks responded with:

Hi furballfarm ~
We apologize for the experience you had with us and want to assure you that its an anomaly. As a result of your feedback we've added the correct punch to the shrub add-on kit going forward as well as provided additional training to the customer service representative you spoke with. We appreciate the feedback and are sending a followup email as well. Have a good holiday! ~ DripWorks

Positive queball
Byers, CO (Zone 5a)
February 14, 2012
I have been using this company for six years now. I have tried others but always come back. Very knowlegable staff, wide variety of products. Never any surprises when dealing with Dripworks.
Positive redslider
Sacramento, CA
December 31, 2011
no sense repeating what others have already said. Dave's is the kind of business we like to keep in business. Been using them for 10 years. If they get it wrong, they fix it. If you're not satisfied, they fix it. But they almost always get it right - five stars for sure.
Positive lfullerton
Albuquerque, NM
July 19, 2011
I am a commercial landscaper and have been ordering from Dripworks for 10+ years. I have never had a problem. In addition, I have received a lot of free technical advice. I recommend Dripworks to all landscapers, private and professional.
Positive robert9565
Pound Ridge, NY
June 3, 2011
I have been shopping with dripworks for about 10 years. I started out growing vegetables for my work as a chef. I set up raised beds and use various drip systems for them. That being said I own my own restaurant now and my garden has gone commercial as far as size and quantity goes. All along the way this company was there with the best customer service, selection, prices,shipping and overall ease of use of any of the places I have tried. They have made a daunting task easy. I have never had a problem with an order nor have they even missed a barbed connector or mini sprinkler in all of those boxes. As far as i am concerned there isnt any other drip place in the same category. They are complete. So if you want to set up a system that will make your gardening life much easier I heartily recomend dripworks. Chef Robert Ubaldo, Farmers Table, New Canaan CT
Positive jerryp1947
Round Rock, TX
May 2, 2011
I have been ordering from DripWorks for several years. I did a lot of searching and looking at suppliers including local before deciding to do business with them.
I went with them based on reviews, completeness of product line and great pricing. I have never looked back. I have always gotten the help I needed over the phone and orders were always filled promptly and were correct when they arrived.
The online catalog is constantly improved and expanded. The products have excellent photos and descriptions.
Very happy customer here.
Positive Jay1275
Algonquin, IL
February 27, 2011
Not quite time to install the products yet but wanted to give drip works credit for what they are doing.
Found just what I wanted, quickly and easily. Order shipped on time, showed up with everything ordered. Just what I expect.
Positive Jpwrhse
Kalamazoo, MI
February 16, 2011
I just received their new 2011 catalog and wanted to take a moment to say how impressed I was at the improvements they have made. Having purchased my system a couple of years ago I really appreciate how the additional pictures, explainations,and descriptions will help the new buyer. I regularly recommend Drip Works to fellow growers thanks to their helpful staff and great products.
Dripworks - thanks for doing what you do so well! I cannot wait for spring to put my system in and your catalog is fueling my desire.
Positive MollymDG
Manteca, CA (Zone 9b)
July 12, 2010
Hoo Boy! I'd be dead without Dripworks! I'm replacing most of the drip in my backyard orchard, landscaping, and veg garden -- 1300 feet of tubing and 400 Netafim Woodpecker emitters so far-- and most of the system in the pistachios -- 3000 feet of tubing and 4000 plus emitters evewntually, with repair connectors, hose end connectors, tees, punches, and much else. Nowhere else can I get these complete, accurate descriptions, these prices and this quality in one place. Or at all.

Things to note: the twist-locking EZ-loc drip tube fittings are lifesaving. Temporary fixes with no handwringing and not much sweat, because I know I'll be able to do a real fix without tears (cutting a foot from the tubing and messing up the emitter spacing), and even my weak hands can easily connect the EZ-locs and lock them leakproof.

ALSO: Dripworks carries Agribon row covers (medium and light weights) and many other useful supplies and tools not directly related to drip irrigating. Many are conservation-related in one way or another -- compost pails and worm farms, rooftop rain collecting setup equipment, bird feeders and bat houses; garden gifts include remote clocks and weather stations, the omnipresent kneeler/stool, and some interesting looking hand tools and weeders.
Neutral livedirt
Morrisville, MO
June 28, 2010
Posted on June 26, 2010, updated June 28, 2010
Posted on June 26, 2010, updated June 26, 2010
This refers to the online order process. I made a small order to test the product and the company and plan for an expansion of my garden next year. Dripworks lacks a secure online ordering site, which is only a minor problem, but I'm no longer accustomed to having to call in my card number when making an internet order.

A more significant problem is not having shipping charges available at the time the order is placed. Based on the positive reviews here, I'm assuming that the shipping charges are fair and honest, which to me means a simple pass-along of UPS charges. At this point I have a shipping notification from UPS, but still no communication from Dripworks as to the the final shipping charges or total invoice. I am hoping this is just a communication problem they can easily work toward rectifying.

On June 25th, 2010, livedirt added the following:

Checked through my bank what the total charges were. Glad to find out the shipping was reasonable - as so often seemingly low prices are wiped out by excessively high shipping charges. But, in my opinion, no company should charge someones card without first providing a total of the charges, including shipping.
On June 28th, 2010, livedirt added the following:

I didn't get the secure lock symbol in Firefox, if it's my PC or browser, I apologize.

Thanks for your response to my concerns on providing shipping costs.
Company representative comment on June 28, 2010:
On Jun 28, 2010 1:41 PM, DripWorks responded with:

I checked our site in IE and Firefox and it shows as secure. I would be interested in knowing what led you to think that it wasn't secure.
On the shipping charges, we charge retail customers based on the value of the order and that should display on the web site. For wholesale orders we charge the actual shipping (UPS or USPS for small orders). The cost of shipping depends on what is in the order and how it can be packed, so we don't know the actual amount until the order is ready to go, so we do not show an amount online. We are looking into changing that in the future so we can show the total amount online. Thank you for your comment.

Positive Duanek
Stroudsburg, PA
May 31, 2010
I have ordered many times from DripWorks. Never had a problem. Consistently fast shipping. Prices seem fair to me. Good order acknowledgement. I've been a customer for a couple of years and will continue to buy from them.
Positive rtphilli
Conway Springs, KS
May 31, 2010
Excellent products and fair prices. The products I have ordered have always been as advertised and delivered on time.
Positive cgrray
Olalla, WA
May 20, 2010
I just found this company and ordered irrigation supplies for two large gardens we use to provide food to our local food banks. I wasn't sure about what parts to order. I called and spoke with Andrea about our needs. She drew a design and emailed it to me immediately. We did a few tweaks, confirmed them with her and got our order in no time. The products are high quality and everything works as advertised. I've ordered twice since then and gotten the same great, pleasant, high quality service. I highly recommend this company. They have customer service down!
Positive cmgovier
Wellington, NV
March 28, 2010
I have been ordering from Dripworks for 5 years. The products I have received have been excellent. I did have one of the hoses fail but they replaced it with no problem. I will have to say their web site is a bit odd but manageable. You really need to have the printed catalog to use it.
Positive whibbitts
Portland, OR
January 8, 2010
Over the holidays I had several packages stolen off my front steps. While other companies just folded their hands and told me it was my problem, Drip Works resent me my order and took the issue up with the shipment carrier themselves. That kind of customer service is unfortunately a very rare and beautiful thing. I will go no where else for my gardening supply needs in the future. Businesses with that kind of high ethical standard need to be support at all cost.

Thanks Drip Works!
Positive jojomood
Saint Joseph, MO
August 4, 2009
I have purchased drip irrigation supplies from DripWorks for the past five years and can't even think of changing to any other company for my drip irrigation equipment.
Their comprehensive supply of materials to put in a drip irrigation systems cannot be beat and the prices and shipping costs are very reasonable.
Also, their customer service is the best to be found and they will answer any question or tackle any problem you have with prompt attention.
Using a drip irrigation system for each of my 12 rose beds has made my rose gardening so much easier and enjoyable that I am glad to have found them. I recommend DripWorks to every gardner I know and tell them that a drip irrigation system from DripWorks is the only way to go!!
Positive Drisanna
Upper Marlboro, MD
July 31, 2009
This is my first experience with drip irrigation, and I have to say that Dripworks' site has made it quite painless. I did a good bit of shopping, both online and locally, and found Dripworks' prices to be quite competitive. My order was sent promptly and it was correct when it arrived. I have spent the last several days assembling my system (I didn't use one of their kits, as none suited my very peculiar needs). It is very easy, and even though I suffer from fairly severe arthritis, using the punch and putting together the transfer barbs, lines and emitters isn't a burden. I would definitely recommend this company, and will buy from them again when I need additional equipment.
Positive diggin_forever
Gambrills, MD (Zone 7a)
July 28, 2009
I've been ordering from Dripworks for the past ten years, for systems at three different houses. They are a very reliable company with excellent customer service. Their catalog is informative and their website it easy to use. I'm a 59 year old woman and their system is easy to install and simple to use. You can't go wrong with Dripworks.
Positive GPCo
Grantville, GA
July 11, 2009
I have been looking for a watering system that will help me water ,and hopefully save, a large, green Japanese Maple. I think I may have found it. I have just finished watching all of the videos and found they were well narrated and easy to follow. I am looking forward to using this product.
Positive everclear2
Frederick, CO (Zone 5a)
June 23, 2009
I have been dealing with Dripworks for 8+ years. I'm one of the guys in the neighborhood that a lot of people ask for advice on all sorts of yard irrigation. I show them what I think they need and tell them to hit the website for any more ideas. I push drip and microspray pretty hard, water is valuable and not to be wasted. I have installed a 2 acre drip and microspray system + 2 tree shelterbelts for my mother in South Dakota. When I order all of the stuff to go up and re-install the drip every spring, (she loves to move stuff around) the quick service I get from Dripworks is gratifying.
Positive kbul250
Cohoes, NY
June 20, 2009
I purchased a system from dripworks.com last year. They were very helpful in both helping me choose the proper starter system for my raised beds and containers, as well as answering questions during set up. I have expanded the system this year and am very pleased with the performance of the products and customer service from dripworks.com.
Positive BlackDogBlossom
Sacramento, CA
June 6, 2009
I live in Sacramento and wanted (what I thought was) a complicated mix of lawn sprinklers and drip system components for roses, annual/perennial beds and raised veggie boxes. My husband and I drove to Willits to talk to staff about our layout and they took about 2 hours out of their busy day to sit with us and go through everything. (Yes, the German Shephard in the catalog exists and is a very sweet dog!) I have alot of experience with drip sytems hooked up to hose bibs with battery timers, but hadn't hooked up to a regular set of sprinkler valves. I also wanted to mix grass watering with flowers/veggies. They walked us through everything and answered all of our questions. I handed them photos of the barren front and back yards (after remodel) with drawings of what types of beds were going to be where. They developed a comprehensive design for all beds (for free) and provided a detailed parts list as well. The best part is they give you a diagram of all parts shown in the order they are hooked up. After many phone calls to discuss the details, we ordered everything as they designed it - from pressure reducers to valves and all the way to the last emitters. The system is now a work of art and we love it! With regards to pricing, I've checked at Home Depot and other catalogs and DripWorks has the best prices - even with shipping.
Positive rsanse
Chevy Chase, MD
June 3, 2009
Dripworks is a great source for drip irrigation parts and systems. If you try one of the kits first, you will understand the concept and will be able to better assess how other emitters might help in other areas. Excellent quality, service and pricing.

If you are a green business and purchasing for your customers, ask Dripworks about business pricing.
Positive tgreiner
Elizabethtown, PA
April 19, 2009
I have only ordered from Dripworks a couple of times and am getting ready to submit another order. After studying their catalog prior to submitting my first order, I ended up ordering one of their kits to experience the different emitters. Their catalog alone is very informative and their website even better. They have great selection of products and I don't even think about going to one of the "box stores" to get supplies for our irrigation system. I have had many friends, family and neighbors inquire about our system and I usually end up giving them one of my extra catalogs, while encouraging them to use Dripworks. We had employed the services of a gardening expert, who also is a consumer advocate for our local area and has written many articles and is on the board of several local public gardens. He had inquired about the irrigation system as well and again could not say enough about the helpfulness of the catalog alone. Thanks Dripworks for great products and service!!!!
Positive Eric_OH
Columbus, OH (Zone 6a)
October 11, 2008
I've placed several orders in the last few years with this company. I have an irrigation setup that covers two large raised beds and an extensive container garden. Without prior experience I was easily able to create a setup that handles daily watering chores for me, keeps plants healthy and allows me to take vacations without worrying about what will happen to the plants.

DripWorks' prices are reasonable, their catalog has an extensive array of useful equipment and they deliver promptly. My one direct experience with customer service was good, as the representative was very helpful in advising me what I would need in setting up an irrigation system.

Highly recommended.
Positive BSEENGOGREEN
Willits, CA
October 9, 2008
They are the most thorough and helpful company out there, always a live person to talk to and rarely make mistakes and when they do they will make it right no matter what . They have everything you need and offer a free design service complete with a live person directions and there undivided attn, with no limit on how many phone calls you can have with them , there just amazing if your starting out witha small back yard system all the way up to orchards, vineyards whatever.
Positive cgoudelocke
Shreveport, LA (Zone 8a)
April 30, 2008
Let me add to the glowing recommendations for dripworks. I was very impressed with their selection and help a year ago when setting up a drip system for my yard.

Even more pleased today when a timer was malfunctioning (but the system otherwise has been perfect!) and had NO trouble getting a replacement (1 year later). Everyone with whom I dealt was friendly, courteous and eager to help. I can't say enough about this company. Will deal with them solely in the future.
Positive BrysAutoGarden
Warrington, PA
April 14, 2008
Yeah, the're not kidding about...SERVCE!...and real knowledgeable people! For a complicated dude like me, they saw through my plans (just by the items) and effectively re-configured my system (before they sent the stuff)...even to a more simplified set up. Feel free to come to Pa for veges!...Bryans Auto Garden's gonna....EXPLODE!...Thanks
Positive grantschettler
San Diego, CA
March 21, 2008
I have been dealing with DripWorks for 10+ years. No other company comes close!
Positive declfi
Fenton, MO (Zone 6b)
February 28, 2008
AWESOME service And Value !!!!!!
Positive pappu
Charleston, IL
May 26, 2007
I recommend them very very highly. A+++++
I live in central Illinois have a huge rose garden with about 150 bushes and a multitude of beds and was just tired of handwatering. I happened to come across dripworks in one of the garden forums and called them early spring. Their customer service alone is worth the price they charge for the material. I have probably made about 50 calls and they lead me thru the whole process, from designing a system, working out the zones, sending me parts, replacements, returns, returning my franic messages about electric connections and a multitude of other questions that I had. I am amazed that they did not charge for the man hours they had to put in to handle my order to its conclusion. The lady who handled my order basically held my hand and walked me thru every part of the installation. It wasnt a big order but the attention I got is sure appreciated. A live person actually picks up the phone whenever you call!
My system is all installed and works like a charm. Saves me 3 hours of watering each time. The plants just love it and appreciate the constant moisture.
I really recommend this company for drip irrigation. I hope they continue to provide the same personalised service that I received, as they continue to grow.
Positive matthewsrj
Silver City, NM (Zone 5a)
March 17, 2007
First and foremost the people I talked with at Dripworks were very helpful and friendly.

My system arrived within a few days of ordering and was intact.

Contrary to some ealier reviews I found most of the parts to be cheaper at Dripworks even when compared to Wal-Mart. In particular, the smaller parts that could be ordered often cost less at Dripworks with shipping included.

I plan on doing more business with Dripworks.
Positive jejenkins
Branson, MO
May 23, 2006
Dripworks helped me from day one of setting up our entire landscaping with irrigation. Even helped with appropriating the right amount of water to specific plant species. I started out know nothing about it and after multiple orders feel I have become well versed through their input and help in drip irrigation. So, I now am helping friends and family setup systems of their own.
As mentioned in other posts......there may be an odd item here and there found cheaper elsewhere (not common though), but you always have to consider service/knowledge/support into the equation. Go to your local garden center and most likely the reps there haven't a clue about drip irrigation....they have just read the spec sheets like we do. I want to keep the small business community alive and it is that personal, expert, fast and friendly service that will keep me coming back faithfully in the years to come. True I haven't used any other online irrigation company, because frankly from day one, dripworks has provided a service I couldn't ask any more of, so there is no need for me to look around. Thanks dripworks for all the help. One day I'll figure out how to easily water those trees about 600 ft away :)
Jon
Positive wrench
Duvall, WA
May 20, 2006
I have purchased supplies from Dripworks by phone, mail, and internet over the past several years. Their service has always been fast, accurate, and I was even called once when I ordered only one part of a sprayer that required two parts! They are wonderful!
Positive 126andy
Calverton, NY
April 30, 2006
I ordered the misting system from dripworks and the setup was as easy as they said it would be. I had a problem with a couple of the misters but from what I'm hearing the problem will be corrected promptly. I ahve ordered another misting system so I'll be ready for this summer.I plan to use this company for all my needs.
On May 4th, 2006, 126andy added the following:

Bruce from Dripworks called to see about the two misting heads I was having problems with. He said they may have been defective and he would send out replacements right away with my current order. Great customer service and a nice company to deal with!!!
Neutral mmgraff
Woodstock, IL
April 28, 2006
Prices are good(some reg. stuff like poly is same as local) but the atts. and the time they spend w/ me on the phone INITIALLY was great, helping me figure things out, walked me thru taking water pressure, AMAZing! I was starting from scratch. UNFORTUNATELY I had to place about l5 calls back with no return call from them with a simple setup question. It's too bad that that ruined the rels. Makes me only use them when I have to.
Tell ya a great co. with great cus. service FarmTek.com. Even when they screw up they totally make it better.
thanks for the opp
M's Organic Farm & Mountain Moon Herbal http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M6694
On May 3rd, 2006, mmgraff added the following:

I was pleasantly surised to hear from Bruce from Dripworks asking if there was anything he could do. He was reacting to the neutral feedback I left. I rexplained the incendent. I' m glad for the followup call and I will place an order with them shortly. Bruce assures me that they are all about customer service.
Positive alicewho
North Augusta, SC (Zone 8a)
April 13, 2006
We ordered 2 of their drip systems. They arrived quickly and their prices are some the best around. Will certainly shop from them again.
Positive cal_gardener
El Sobrante, CA
March 31, 2006
I've been using a drip system in my garden for 25+ years and boy, was I glad when I finally found Dripworks several years ago. I place an order on the internet or over the phone and I always have it on my doorstep the next day. On the (very) rare occasions when there was a problem, it only took a phone call and the new parts showed up the next day.
Their products are far superior to anything you can buy in a hardware store (and barely more expensive). The usual compression fittings for the 1/2 inch tubing are a real pain to use and cannot be re-used. Dripworks Easy Lock fitting are a cinch to connect and can be re-used indefinately. Even their 1/2" tubing is of better quality. It may cost a little more in the beginning, but in the long run, I am sure their products will save everyone time and money.
Using Dripworks' manifold it was so easy to install a digital timer system on my vegetable garden. It runs on it's 2 9V batteries all summer long (it does not rain here at all from May through October) and the batteries are still functioning the next spring. I like it so much that we are replacing the old Rainbird system with a 6 channel timer.
It is such a pleasure to to receive prompt, courteous and most importantly, knowledgeable service. I wouldn't dream of doing business with anyone else.