The scoop on 'Dunbar Gardens'

Dunbar Gardens

16586 Dunbar Road
Mount Vernon, Washington 98273 (United States)

Visit Dunbar Gardens at:

Company Comment, posted on March 19, 2011:
Dunbar Gardens is a small farm in the Skagit Valley in northwest Washington specializing in basketry willows. We offer a large selection of willows useful for basketry, living willow fences and structures, hedges, and garden ornamentals. Willows are easy and affordable to propagate by hardwood cuttings. Visit our website to see our selection of willows, photos of our handcrafted willow baskets for sale, and our schedule of basketmaking classes.

Comments:

Positive Sujiwan
Westminster, MD
March 18, 2011
I ordered from this company for the first time last spring. They have a very nice selection of basketry willows--one of the few sites I could find! The cuttings that I received were perfectly sized and sturdy. There was no delay on my order. All the willows sprouted despite one of the driest and hottest years we've had and I just coppiced them for the first time this spring. I note Dunbar may be expanding their offerings to include the varieties used for building living willow structures (see many UK sites for some neat pics) and I plan to make a future order for that purpose. I recommend this company.