The scoop on 'Canning Daylily Gardens'

Canning Daylily Gardens

165 Pereau Road, RR #2
Canning, Nova Scotia B0P 1H0 (Canada)

Comments:

Negative sillacoremeh
appin
Canada
July 12, 2012
I pllaced a 200 dollar daylily order last year, 2011. Due to circumstances beyond my control or the sellers there was a postal strike in Canada when the plants were due to be shipped ,so the plants were dug and stuck in pots . As well , the seller's partner died during that same period.

So when the strike was over the plants were sent to me via Canada Post and of course they sat in the post office for 3 weeks because of mail backed up from the strike . Upon delivery 2 plants were a) not blooming size plants which is what I was paying for and b) both were suffering from fungus growing on them as well as suffering from being in the box for far too long.

I wrote to the seller to ask for refund or replacement of the plant I ordered and included pics of the plants upon arrival (I asked for refund or replacement of only one plant as the other was a gift) . Seller very derogatorily told me to be patient .

Fast forward to April of this year. I had waited for some kind of response until April this year when I wrote to ask again for refund or replacement . I was told that they would replace the plant I ordered and would I please pick a bonus plant ( for all my troubles I am assuming) Which I did . I should have realized I was being played .

I wrote again June 21st as I had not heard anything since April and inquired again and told them that I didnt particularly like having to harangue them and if they would just settle this once and for all , I promised I would never order from them again .

It is now July 12 2012 and I am still waiting . I wrote again today and told them I would be posting my negative experiences here so others dont get caught in the same trap.

I cant express how disappointed and frustrating this whole thing has been . I had dealt with this company in the past and had been pleased with what was sent and the service provided .

Now that the main owner has passed away it is obvious that the other owner is not the same type of business man as his partner was.

I cannot recommend this place as a place from which to order daylilies as a matter of fact based on my experiences with the new owner I would highly recommend that people do not order from this company.
Positive AnneCS
Vaughan, ON (Zone 5b)
June 18, 2012
Posted on June 9, 2012, updated June 18, 2012
I ordered one daylily that I really wanted that was in limited supply and only available as a single fan. I paid by cheque after emailing them and receiving confirmation on the amount and availability. Their response was quick and they let me know the date when they would ship it as well. It arrived right on time--during the week that they had said it would be shipped. It was healthy and I received one good-sized fan plus a smaller fan attached. Good experience!
On June 18th, 2012, AnneCS added the following:

Oops! I forgot to mention the bonus daylily (double fan) I received that was of slightly higher value even!