The scoop on 'Antique Rose Emporium'

Antique Rose Emporium

9300 Lueckemeyer Rd.
Brenham, Texas 77833 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-441-0002
Fax: 979-836-0928
Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

Visit Antique Rose Emporium at:

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive DonnaMack
Elgin, IL (Zone 5a)
May 25, 2015
Posted on April 23, 2004, updated May 25, 2015
I ordered all old garden roses from this company: Marchesa Bocchella, Rose de Rescht and Zephirine Doughin. All were potted, with healthy foliage and tiny buds appearing. They are not as large as those from Edmunds, but I believe that this is normal for old garden roses. They are great specimens, very nicely packaged and easy to plant. I will not hesitate to order from them again.

On June 22nd, 2004, DonnaMack added the following:

I just wanted to report that my roses are all in bloom. The first mini-flush produced tiny bud like flowers, but the successive blooms are producing larger and larger flowers in increasing quantities. They are absolutely gorgeous. Here in northern Illinois we have had a very wet spring, and all of the roses have shown their vigor while other plants in my garden have shown fungal disease. This surprised me, because Zephirine is blackspot prone. My concerns about ordering from a company in Texas when I am in Zone 5a were unnecessary. While some of the leaves took a beating because of the temperature change post transplant, I clipped them off and they were quickly replaced. I\'m very pleased and look forward to buying more roses from them next year.
On June 13th, 2005, DonnaMack added the following:

For my second year roses from this wonderful company I ordered 3 Gruss an Aachen and 1 Enfant de France. Yes, after arrival they sometimes look a little weak. My Enfant came bursting out of the gate with a huge bloom within two days of arrival, but my 3 Gruss looked a bit weak and had blackspot, and then mildew. I watered them, fertilized them, picked off the blackspotted leaves, sprayed them with seaweed emulsion and BOOM, within a month of arrival the leaves are 100% healthy and they are covered with buds and blooms. It\'s as though someone waved a magic wand over them. I read someone else.s feedback about a bit of patience and they were right. The plants are superb. They bounce back from shipping with great speed and vigor.
On April 14th, 2008, DonnaMack added the following:

I just received my 2008 order from this company, and I continue to be very pleased with the packaging, customer service, and quality of their beautiful roses. Receiving roses in my zone at this time of year that are covered with leaves (and buds!) is a real treat - the ones in my yard are just barely budding. I recommend them to others and will continue to be a customer.
On June 25th, 2008, DonnaMack added the following:

Year after year, beautiful roses, great packaging, lovely selection. The roses I installed in Mid-April are \"guest ready\" because they are in full bloom two months later. And the flowers are full sized. What a great company!
On June 15th, 2009, DonnaMack added the following:

Again, I ordered roses from this wonderful company that that exceeded the very high expectation that they have set. I look forward to doing so every year.
On May 25th, 2015, DonnaMack added the following:

This year I ordered Enfant du France and two Rose de Rescht from this wonderful company. Many of my early old garden roses were from them, but shipping was a bit high and I had not ordered in five years. But this year they made me, as they say, an offer I couldn't refuse. If I would purchase Mike Shoup's glorious book, Empress of the Garden, I could have a free rose, and pay only the shipping. I ended up buying the three above and they are wonderful plants. My only fear is that I have seen their incredible new catalog and am going to have to pay those shipping costs, because some of their new roses, which I have never heard of because they hybridized them, are irresistible.
Positive Mayimo
Bel Air, MD
May 21, 2015
I have ordered online roses for years. Some of them arive so-so in terms of their foliage, canes condition, etc; others are too small; others pakaged in a really lousy way...you name it. Until I found this company. They are extremely meticulous with their packaging and the roses come wrapped and protected. More so, these plants that I got today are way more than a skinny stick. They come in a gallon container (surprise) and ready to plant without the hastle of potting and repotting. I am officially in love.
Positive ARGrandma
Monticello, AR
May 10, 2015
Due to the success of the roses I have received from ARE, I have become a avid rose grower. I have been ordering my own and receiving gift roses from relatives for the past 4 years from ARE. My rose plants have arrived from November and March thru May. I live in Arkansas Zone 8 and find late Fall gives my roses the best start but all have done well. In all cases, the roses have been well packed and arrived healthy. All Mar - May plants have bloomed in the first month of arrival. The are nice size plants in gallon containers. I sought and received helpful phone advice twice since our humid climate can get terribly hot some summers. I want to stick to roses which are heat tolerant and disease resistant. I highly recommend ARE as an excellent source of roses for the South - both mail order and walk in. The web site is very easy to navigate and you can sort their catalog by any category such as color, height, kind etc.
Negative KrisN
Lemon Grove, CA
April 29, 2015
Posted on April 28, 2015, updated April 29, 2015
I had ordered from ARE in the past and had a good experience. Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience this time. The rose arrived this afternoon (Tuesday) after 5 1/2 days in a hot truck from TX to CA. It is tiny - just 2 canes, each the thickness of a pencil - and about 12\" tall. It is already experiencing die-back from the journey: there were four dead twigs that I clipped off and also there is a 1/4 to 1/2\" dark black ring completely around one of the canes at the base. I paid over $32 for this?! And why they chose to ship such a tiny plant with 8 pounds of dirt is beyond me. Faster and lighter with plants is better than heavier and slower. When I called, Alison was very impatient with my concerns, but she did say that someone would call me back tomorrow.
On April 29th, 2015, KrisN added the following:

An update: I did get a pleasant phone call from Glenn. The bottom line is that they ship so many roses successfully that they simply write off the ones that do not. Hence their guarantee of refund or replacement. He also pointed out that it is the end of the season - they ship September to May - so it's kinda bottom of the barrel time. That black ring I mentioned earlier has gotten much bigger now, so I have a feeling I will need the guarantee. Bummer.
Neutral Dinglehopp3r
Knoxville, TN (Zone 7a)
March 17, 2015
I do really like this business overall , their website is easy to order from, they have a great selection, and their plants are usually top notch. I have had one dud from them- a crimson glory climber that got pampered along with the rest of my order last year, but it "grew backwards" all last summer to the point that now that there is only about 4" of living green cane left on it, I decided that if it doesn't pull through this spring it just isn't worth putting up a fuss to have it replaced- no biggie, the rest of the plants I have gotten from them are thriving.

All that aside, the experience that drove me to write this today was this, I just had a very disappointing/frustrating phone interaction that made me like this business a little less than I did before I made the call. Just FYI, when you choose your shipping date from the drop down menu when placing an order, those dates are NOT to be taken literally. The date I selected was the earliest available shipping day, which happened to be the day after placing the order, which was 3/16/15 - a Monday, on their site they say they ship only on Mondays so that the roses have a better chance of getting to you before the weekend so that they can avoid unnecessary time in transit, however due to the high volume of orders they have at the moment (a completely understandable scenario) my order won't be going out until Thursday, which obviously since I am in TN & they are in TX, these roses are not getting to me by the weekend, which isn't a huge deal, BUT they sure as heck didn't shipping on 3/16, which was the shipping date listed on the order form as I was placing the order... just a tiny bit misleading since they don't give you the actual shipdate until several days after your order is already placed.... even still all this is very forgivable, I am in the retail business, I understand.

However, the thing that I will remember most from this interaction with ARE was the woman's sour tone on the phone with me. I'm sorry but if you do almost all your business over the internet or phone your phone voice better at least be professional, if not airing on the side of pleasant. I know you are very busy, it is spring, I'm not dumb, & I refuse to be addressed in an aggressive manner by someone whom I have chosen to support with my business. In 2014 I purchased exactly 20 roses from ARE, and at $20 a pop, that is a total of $400 I spent with them last year, NOT including the shipping, as these were spread out over 4 orders, and shipping plants is not cheap no matter where you shop, that shipping added up too. This most recent order of 5 roses cost $100 & $35 to ship, so if I include this years order & last year's total for roses plus shipping, I have spent over $650 dollars with ARE in the last 8 months, I think you could say that I am a good customer.

Just as a comparison, I have had MANY phone conversations with the people over at Roses Unlimited, and they are in the same business, they are just as overwhelmed as any specialty rose retailer at this time of year, yet they always answer the phone in a polite cheerful manner and answer any questions I have with a smile in their voice, even if I have an annoying request to change an already placed order (something I have done more than once this year alone) they are still courteous and polite, as they should be since I have almost 20 roses on order with them for shipment next month. Since I am spending a pretty decent chunk of change with their business, (but even if I wasn't) I expect be treated like a valued customer and not an annoyance; this is how you treat people who chose to spend their money at your establishment, & this is how I treat people every day at my own place of employment and I expect the same service from anyone I spend hundreds of my own hard earned dollars with.

This is not my first order with ARE, and it definitely won't be my last, I won't let one person's bad attitude stand in the way of me purchasing things that I want to purchase from a scource that sells a good product, but next time I might consider waiting until normal business hours to call Roses Unlimited first, even though it is a lot less convenient since you cannot order from the website, I still might choose to give them my business before I check ARE's website since I feel that my business is appreciated there.
Negative ladenamoss
Lufkin, TX (Zone 8b)
February 16, 2015
In January or February 2014 I received an email from ARE about a "phone in" special for roses. One of the roses listed was Belinda's Dream. I looked it up on the website and it states that it is a fragrant repeat bloomer with hips ,which is just what I wanted, so I ordered one. I received it in the mail and it was packaged well and looked good. I potted it up and noticed that it wasn't rooted very well but it grew and bloomed and it has absolutely no fragrance. I should have emailed them when I noticed but I didn't. Last week I finally got around to emailing them to ask if it may have been mistagged or if the fragrance varies from plant to plant. No response has been received as of this date. Even as a special the rose was not cheap and I understand that you get what you pay for but I paid for fragrance and didn't get it.
Positive ATLGARDEN
Atlanta, GA
March 12, 2014
Two roses I ordered last year have done very well. I just received this years order and it looks as good as the 2013 plants. I like the fact the plants are shipped potted not bare root and they have their own roots. Plants seemed to acclimate faster than bare root roses I have ordered from other sources. Shipping is reasonable given weight of a full 2 gallon pot. Selection is vast!
Positive wasbloomin
Echo, LA
January 13, 2014
I have now ordered a total of 8 roses from ARE. All have been beautiful healthy plants. Also got their long armed gardening gloves that are wonderful. I love this company and am trying to convince my husband a spring road trip to Brenham is necessary.
Positive Citro
Eden, MD
June 7, 2013
My first order was well packed and the roses were leafed out. 6 weeks later there are many blooms on my Le Vesuve, Blush Noisette and Souvenir de la Malmaison. I will definitely order again.
Positive ginnyg898
Lakewood, CA (Zone 10a)
April 29, 2013
I placed my first order with Antique Rose Emporium a couple of weeks ago. The representative on the phone was very helpful and my order arrived right when she said it would. I received a "Peggy Martin" climber and, although it was stripped prior to shipping, it was already starting to leaf out when I opened the box. It was very well packed and in great condition. I planted it in the bed the weekend before last and it has already grown a great deal and is very healthy. I wish I could afford to buy all of the beautiful roses that this vendor offers...great experience!
Positive rosepetal2
Danvers, MA
April 24, 2013
Posted on April 24, 2013, updated April 24, 2013
My negative rating is pending outcome of ARE customer service resolving my issues. I live Z6B (more of a Z7 micro climate along coast). I operate a garden services business, specializing in rose/flowering shrub maintenance/care. I personally own over 100 roses and frequently incorporate into client garden design. I am not a novice gardener. I was looking for a grower offering own root roses. I stay away from the huge commercial growers because of quality control issues I simply cannot tolerate high rates of return in my business. After reviewing positive posts on ARE, I decided to order this past winter Cecile Brunner shrub, Cecile Brunner climber (both on valentine special), Graham Thomas (for client), Francesca (for client), Mutabilis (for client) and two climbing white Iceberg roses (for client). This past fall I ordered Zephirine Drouhin (for client) and Pinkie (personal). All roses hardy Z6. The ZD arrived with nearly all leaves removed. I called ARE customer service said they strip all leaves at shipment. Obviously black spot I didn't mind considering black spot was rampant last year all over the country, the ZD was hard to find at the time and positive posts on this forum assured me all would be fine.. The P arrived with more leaves, but clearly leaves removed and black spot on canes. I treated both roses with lime sulfur spray, rose food. they took off well enough. The P was for me so I thought I'd roll with the black spot. As with all roses I own and others I care for, they were overwintered with 6" compost and topped with cedar mulch. Earlier this month compost and mulch were raked away. The Z survived the winter and the P had substantial cane death. The CB bush and climber arrived this month healthy, bushy with all their leaves...hmmm. The Graham Thomas arrived with most leaves striped off, remaining leaves black spot and fungus spots on canes. Disappointing for Spring delivery of roses overwintered. Yesterday Francesca and Mutabilis arrived. Mutabilis was healthy, fully leafed and clean. Francesca had NOT ONE LEAF - none in the box with black spot on the canes. Both Graham Thomas and Francesca had been previously subjected to the worst severe hack pruning I've ever seen. Canes were pruned horizontally with a dull shear and actually are splintered down canes. Mind you there is less than 10" of cane to work with on both roses. Pruning below the hack job would be severe and could shock the rose. ARE ought to know better and shipping both roses in this condition was not an oversight. I emailed ARE requesting return label and refund on Francesca stating the diseased condition was unacceptable. Still haven't heard back from them. I question the quality control at ARE. Clearly the Francesca should never have been shipped and the Graham Thomas is questionable. So until this matter is resolved, I rate ARE the worst negative rating available. I was looking for an own root source, but I may have to pass on ARE for future purchases - I'm not an ICU unit for roses.
On April 24th, 2013, rosepetal2 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I am relieved and delighted to report that Michael Shoup phoned me to discuss my issues and we have amicably resolved them. I appreciated the call and very real concern he has over his business and the quality of roses the provide. I'll continue to use Antique Rose Emporium as a valuable source for my garden and those of my clients. Thank you Michael.
Positive Torisgrdn
Leesburg, FL
March 16, 2013
I want to start by saying I am new to ordering plants online. However, my first shipment with ARE, I was very,very impressed. I had ordered two climbing pinkies, and the plants were beautiful and well packed for shipping. I was so impressed, I decided to order 4 more plants. I ordered 2 Belinda's Dream, a Buff Beauty and Duchesse de Brabant. I was home when the delivery arrived. I could tell from the outside of the boxes, it wasn't going to be good. Dirt was coming out the tops. Somehow during shipment, I think the boxes must have been upside down.
When I opened the first box a large bug came flying out. ( I killed him). There were a few broken stems and leaves, but that's kind of normal, I would think. I don't blame ARE for the shipping issues, they can't control how the boxes are handled. My Buff Beauty only had about half of her container of soil. The Belinda's have some dark spotting on them, which I don't know if it's normal. I got them all planted, and I hope they will all be fine and they didn't get too shook up on the way here.
Not sure if I will order again, if I had to base it on my last shipment. They do ship quickly and are pleasant on the phone to do business with. I did write them about this shipment, but have not heard back from them. As long as the plants do well, I'm fine...and would probably take my chances again. They do offer a nice guarantee on their roses if they die within 6 months. You need to have the plastic tag from the rose and $5 to cover shipping. So, that's pretty nice, I think.
Positive RUBYS
Wrens, GA
February 7, 2013
I just received my first order. I was a little hesitant placing the order because of high shipping cost, but it was worth it. Excellent packing, very large healthy plants. I can't wait for my first blooms.
Positive nclivin
Salisbury, NC
October 27, 2012
Posted on November 17, 2011, updated October 27, 2012
My mom ordered me a " Ballerina" rose from Antique Rose Emporium. Order arrived in time. Excellent packaging. No damage. Rose is very healthy too :)
S. V. Salisbury,NC
On October 27th, 2012, nclivin added the following:

I did not expect it to get to a full size in 1 year! Such a pretty rose. Cascading form with lots of fun pink/white flowers. Very healthy! I will only buy roses from them because I know they sell quality!
Positive ermosa
Beeville, TX
May 14, 2012
I bought two Peggy Martin roses last year and they are doing even better than I had hoped for because of our drought. They were healthy plants when I received them and still are. They are growing so much I had to add an extra trellis to hold the new growth up and they are blooming beautifully. Thank you.
Positive trudyh
North Kingstown, RI
May 7, 2012
I planted most of my seven roses in the last 2-3 years. I was just doing spring time garden maintenance and noticed that the roses from the Antique Rose Emporium were all flourishing like green bay trees. The roses from elsewhere looked quite spindly or, in one case, dead in comparison. These have all gotten the same care.

I also remember that the roses from the Emporium were very healthy when they arrived. An A+++ company.
Positive willoxt
April 13, 2012
Last week I received my order of 2 rose plants, and was very satisfied. The packing was great, and the size of the plants even greater. I would order from them again, and am very pleased.
Positive blossomdays
Austin, TX
March 9, 2012
I ordered three roses from the Antique Rose Emporium and am very pleased at how healthy they look and how well wrapped the bushes were. The roses I purchased from them last year have been doing well, and I'm sure these new ones will too. This is obviously a company that pays attention to quality and good customer relations. Thay have a wonderful selection as well.
Positive egardens
Hutto, TX
January 20, 2012
Ordered five roses during the end of the Texas Summer. Rose shrubs came stripped of leaves to allow for better travel. For reorders probably better to order 2, 4, 6, 8 to keep shipping costs down as the 5th rose added more shipping as it shipped by itself. Planted and watered for a couple of months and then left them to their own devices. All of the roses are flourishing great in a lucky mild Winter. Two of them are already a couple feet round and tall maybe larger. Very happy with my purchase and have reordered. Also want to mention that I like the selection and website.
Positive lahomesteader
Loranger, LA
November 15, 2011
I placed an order fro three roses on a Monday (online) and received notification that the plants would arrive Friday (yeah, right!). Lo and behold, I received my order on Friday at 4:30 pm. Plants arrived in great shape, were of good size, and well packed. I could not have asked for better service - they really seem to have their act together.

Only inital concern was the cost of shipping - basically the cost of a fourth plant. HOWEVER......the plants arrived in great shape and were well packed - so actually the price charged was an accurate reflection of the value received. I realized that I would rather pay a bit more for packing in order to receive a well-grown plant in good shape vs. paying less and receiving a damaged/dried out/dead plant as I have received from other mail order companies.

Will definately be ordering from them again.
Positive ReneeReed
West Fork, AR
September 21, 2011
I ordered 6 yellow roses for a very particular client and received perfect rose bushes. They were well packaged and healthy. I will definitely order with you again. All the roses bloomed well and are still doing fine. Thank you for being such a wonderful source with great employees who go over and beyond to help out buyers.
Positive phdler
Homer, NY
July 25, 2011
Two roses arrived in great shape and are thriving. Have been a customer of ARE for years and never been disappointed.
Positive keps
Barton Creek, TX
July 2, 2011
WOW!! I love this place! I'll order again :)
Positive Rosegirls
Fort Worth, TX
June 2, 2011
Almost ten years ago, I planted a Antique Rose Garden at my honey & my first home.(Used ARE!) Now,two kids and several moves later, I am creating a new rose garden. What a blessing to return a company and find them just as reliable, as charming, as helpful, and even more knowledgable than before! We ordered three roses to begin. Called in the order. Service was prompt and respectful! Roses came early! All three are healthy and vigorous. All three have buds, blooms, or new growth. My daughters squealed with delight to see the ARE box on the front porch- and it did not disappoint! Spending our time now making a list of what to order in the Fall!
Positive garden_bear
Silver City, NM
May 25, 2011
This spring, 2011, I ordered five roses from J&P, two from David Austin and two from the Antique Rose Emporium.

The two from Antique Rose Emporium were in pots, healthy and took right off. The others were bare rooted and did well.

I have to say that for the price and time required, Antique Rose Emporium was an excellent value! and superior to the others.

I will be ordering at least five more plants from them this summer. My experience was exceptionanaly positive.
Positive dontruman
Victoria, TX
May 3, 2011
Posted on September 22, 2010, updated May 4, 2011
Posted on April 25, 2010, updated September 22, 2010
I ordered seven varieties of Texas A&M designated Earth-Kind Roses and requested delivery the following week. The roses arrived as requested on April 20th and I planted them out the next day. I was very impressed with the packaging of the plants; four to a box in specially designed cartons that you could turn upside down without leaking soil or damaging the plant. The plants were exactly as described: one to two year old roses grown from their own root. I was specially impressed with the soil the plants were grown in. It was very close to real life, well prepared garden soil. It wasn't that light commercial mix so many plants come in where the root ball falls apart trying to take from the pot. Their soil is so close to the real thing that transplant shock is kept to a minimum. The plants arrived in excellent condition and several were blooming in spite of the light trimming necessary to make them fit in the shipping boxes. It's now been four days since I planted them out and several have grown new shoots in excess of two inches and others have put on buds. I highly recommend The Antique Rose Emporium, especially to people living in the southeastern U.S. where climate and soil conditions can be challenging.
On September 22nd, 2010, dontruman added the following:

It's now the end of September and all the roses grew substantially during the summer and provided some flowers. They are now beginning their fall growth and blossom flush and are very attractive. I ordered seven climbing varieties from the Antique Rose Emporium on 9/19 and they arrived 9/22, all in excellent condition. I intend to train them up palm, mesquite and pecan trees as well as a telephone pole. Request a copy of their printed catalog; it contains a lot of useful information on how to utilize and manage your roses as well as beautiful photographs.
On May 3rd, 2011, dontruman added the following:

It's now early May 2011. I ordered, or bought from a local nursery, additional climbing and bush roses from the Antique Rose Emporium that I planted early this spring. I've purchased 26 of their roses during the last 12 months and all are doing exceptionally well.
Positive BUTTONS_MAMA
Mobile, AL
February 24, 2011
i have ordered twice from this company; last year and this year. I was having a hard time choosing what roses to plant in a hedge because there were so many pretty ones but they helped me decide on Carefree Beauty. They all did fabulous. I bought a bunch of Iceberg's this year which i have planted and now can't wait to see the blooms.
They are very knowledgable and helpful.
Positive jessbellamy
Charleston, SC
February 12, 2011
Ordered a Madame Alfred Carriere Rose in May of last year, planted it in an unfortunately hot summer and the rest is history. It is now 6 ft tall and heading to the roof, I suspect.
Positive trudyjh
North Kingstown, RI
June 11, 2010
Posted on April 29, 2010, updated June 11, 2010
Great, healthy plants, shipped promptly.
On June 11th, 2010, trudyjh added the following:

Update: It's June and the roses are amazing. Both these and the ones I got from Edmunds are the healthiest roses I've ever seen.
Positive ClemsonTiger96
Atlanta, GA
May 24, 2010
Arriving today is my first order from ARE.. WOW!
The roses were spectacular!! Lush, healthy, vigorous plants. In the past I have ordered from J&P (and still do), this is quite a change in shipping style! And the shipping was PROMPT.
Thanks to ARE for giving us back all the old timey roses and introducing the new ones!
Positive sbrr
League City, TX
April 27, 2010
Excellent experience with Antique Rose Emporium. I ordered the Felicia rose which arrived when expected and larger and healthier than other roses I have ordered via mail. The Felicia rose has grown very quickly and looks and smells gorgeous. I would definitely order from A.R.E. again. :)
Positive bungalow1056
Winston-Salem, NC (Zone 7b)
April 16, 2010
great Rose nursery; have ordered from them several times and all plants have been exactly as described, healthy and vigorous.
Positive mocatmom
Driftwood, TX (Zone 8b)
March 30, 2010
Posted on April 18, 2009, updated March 30, 2010
Amazing quality! Large, healthy roses delivered in perfect condition due to the wonderful packaging. It doesn't get better than this!
On March 30th, 2010, mocatmom added the following:

Another great order from ARE with the arrival of G. Nabonnand in bud!
Positive kimberlihiggins
Little Rock, AR
March 8, 2010
I have ordered from Antique Rose Emporium several times. Each time my roses have arrive healthy and ready to plant. (and packed with the greatest of care). When I have questions I email them and they get right bake to me. As someone who owns their own business I do understand that despite your best efforts sometimes things go wrong, so to all of you out there that have had a bad experience with this company I am sorry that your initial dealing was disheartening. I happen to admire there work and think that they deserve a second chance.
Positive oldroselover
Fort Worth, TX
February 3, 2010
I have mail ordered roses from the Antique Rose Emporium for years, in addition to buying their roses from local nurseries in the Fort Worth, Texas area. Finding their roses and their catalog in a now defunct garden shop many years ago led me to my great love and appreciation of old garden roses. I have never had a negative experience with them, either online or on the phone. Their plants always arrive healthy and well packed. They have a wonderful variety of old roses available. I have also grown or given as presents several of their own Texas Pioneer roses, and they have all been beautiful and hardy. Their display gardens in Brenham, Texas are a "must visit" if you are a true rose lover. It is a great way to see so many of the roses they offer in their full and mature beauty in the landscape. One day I will make it to the San Antonio location and display gardens as well. These folks deserve only positives, according to my experience!
Positive wynswid
Garland, TX
January 8, 2010
I have been ordering roses from ARE for years. The roses have always arrived healthy and well-packed. All of them have lived and produced beautiful blooms. I have had especially good results with the Mutabilis.
Positive WeeklyWeeder
Polson, MT (Zone 5b)
September 30, 2009
I ordered 2 Therese Bugnet and 2 Sir Thomas Lipton rugosas as well as 1 Iceberg Climbing rose.
All the roses were very nicely packaged for transit and arrived in excellent condition.
Three days after planting, they have already set leaves and look to be very vigorous.
I am so pleased with this company, their products and the extremely careful packing, which was the best I have ever received.
Definitely will be shopping with them again.
Colleen in Polson, MT
Positive Thomasgugel
Live Oak, FL
September 26, 2009
I was delighted to find exactly the roses I was looking for at ARE. Even though the catalog said that they were two gallon roses, I expected something a lot smaller. I was surprised when the roses arrived in full size, two gallon nursery pots. They were well packaged in a box obviously designed especially for the roses. Despite the three days in transit, the roses looked healthy. After less than a day in the ground, the leaves have already perked up. If I had more sun, I'd defintily buy more roses.
Positive trulyro
Auburndale, FL
June 1, 2009
I ordered six China/Hybrid Musk roses from ARE in late April. When they arrived, they were packaged very securely. The roses arrived in good shape. I planted them right away and they are thriving, with new growth all over. I am very happy with my order from ARE and look forward to ordering from them in the future.
Positive WordR
Dallas, TX
May 11, 2009
I was able to buy a Chrysler Imperial rose from a local nursery. It came in a small plastic pot but already had an amazing bloom, and is about to give out another. The plant itself has a lovely shape and is vigorous. Also, I went on ARE's website and ordered a catalogue, which came a mere two days later. I love the story of their founder and his rose-rustling from Texas highways and abandoned places for hardy, fragrant roses. A very interesting company.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]