The scoop on 'Fry Road Nursery'

Fry Road Nursery

Fry Road Nursery has 336 products listed in PlantScout.

34989 Fry Road SE
Albany, Oregon 97322 (United States)

Phone: (541) 928 -7038

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
June 16, 2014
Posted on June 10, 2014, updated June 16, 2014
Posted on June 10, 2014, updated June 10, 2014
On May 27, 2014 I placed an order for eight Fuchsias and I received an acknowledgement immediately. On June 9 I e-mailed asking for a shipping update as the weather is beginning to heat up, as of today, June 10 I have received no response. I was careful to order only plants in stock as the website advises that the entire order will not ship until all plants are available. Fourteen days is a long time to wait for an update! Order #201405271601405242
On June 10th, 2014, psychloman changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Changing to positive because of the quick response!
On June 16th, 2014, psychloman added the following:

These are some of the best looking plants I have ever received through the mail. Very well packed, no damage and no stress. Website is worth a look too if your interested in hardy fuchsias.
Company representative comment on June 10, 2014:
On Jun 10, 2014 3:09 PM, Fry Road Nursery responded with:

Sorry 'bout that! It shipped earlier today. Two of the items were listed as out of stock at the time of your order. Our store's font (sadly, not under our control) can be confusing. The dash in front of the inventory numbers makes it look like:
"Items in stock dash 1"
when it's really:
"Items in stock negative 1"

Feel free to email us a wish list in advance of any order and we can confirm inventory numbers, a fast moving target at this time of year, if you're working under a deadline.

Best wishes and let us know if you have any further concerns.

Positive yukons_mom
Boise, ID
May 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your shipment of Blue Dawn Flower vines.
The plant arrived in great shape and will be planted outside tomorrow! They are very stocky plants and will take off as soon as they are replanted into larger pots.
Positive sheepwrecked
Mutual, OH
May 6, 2014
I recently ordered 3 fairly uncommon magellanica fuchsia varieties that bear good edible fruits. The plants that arrived were shipped at the requested time, and were very sturdy plants with full healthy root systems. They were well packaged and had no shipping damage. I would recommend this company.
Neutral safaj
San Martin, CA
March 30, 2014
Did not receive the Buddleia alternifolia, Butterfly Bush, as they stated it "wouldn't wake up" . Received a refund but quite disappointed. Also, the Muehlenbeckia, Creeping Wire vine was very root bound and packaging was unclear where to open ("this side up" arrows in wrong direction) and so a lot dirt on my countertop.
Positive icebird28
Coppell, TX (Zone 8a)
August 18, 2013
I was looking for some gardenias cuz I'm a gardenia addict and ordered 2 each of Chuck Hayes and Frostproof. I ordered the 1 gallon size. I couldn't believe what I got. They were packed well and both Chuck Hayes were even blooming. This company far exceeded what I was expecting. Size for 1 gallon was excellent, all leaves green and well branched. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
Positive goodwink
Blachly, OR (Zone 8a)
May 16, 2013
My husband and I went to Fry Road Nursery to purchase hardy fuchsias, and pick up a couple vines and Chilean edibles. Our primary goal was to get plants that feed hummingbirds. We were blown away by the selection. Walking through their greenhouses is a very cool experience - huge blooming brugmansias and other tropicals fill one greenhouse, creating a lovely sensory experience.

We ended up leaving with over 15 beautiful, very hardy fuchsias and a bunch of other plants. The owner was so incredibly helpful. He showed us many other plants that would do well in our area and attract hummingbirds. He also helped us find specific fuchsias that were were having trouble finding on our own, AND he brought us water without being asked! (It was an 80 degree day, and very hot in the greenhouses.) Such nice people.

We are also working on a permaculture-style food forest garden, and the owner was personally knowledgeable. We ended up going home with several new "exotic edibles" - Chinese Artichoke (also called Crones - a tuber producing Stachys), Mashua (a tuber-producing nasturtium), and Ulluco (a bassella-like plant grown for tubers and leaves). He was a wealth of information, and still had more plants we'd like to try in our greenhouse next, including yacon, pepino, and tree peppers.

The plants were all priced very well, a little less than by mail order. We also purchased a couple Cape Fuchsias, a hardy oleander (for that tropical fix!), and several other perennials for hummingbirds. The plants came on a bunch of affordable sizes, including small plugs that were really inexpensive (some were $1.30), making it acceptable to "experiment" with plants I wouldn't have tried otherwise. I took them home and put them in larger pots, and they are all doing very well.

We will definitely purchase from them again, especially as we expand out greenhouse and bed space.

Company representative comment on May 18, 2013:
On May 18, 2013 1:47 PM, Fry Road Nursery responded with:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I enjoyed meeting you guys very much, and look forward to your next visit.

Positive J0ZEPH
Bishopville, MD
April 18, 2013
Just received my order from Fry Road Nursery and couldn't be more pleased. The Choisya ternata 'sundance' and arundo donax 'peppermint stick' were healthy and surprisingly nice sized for mail order. Ordering was easy and when I emailed them to request adding the arundo to my order their response was prompt. Also, when I called to give payment info for the added item the woman who answered the phone was already aware of why I was calling when I gave my name. Very polite and professional company. I recommend Fry Road Nursery and would gladly buy from them again.
Positive subtropic
Deland, FL
March 22, 2012
Quick shipping. More than adequate plants for the money.
Positive Frank1965
Shreveport, LA
March 8, 2012
Great people to do business with! Two of the plants I ordered were not quite established enough so I got a very nice phone letting me know. They wanted to substitute and I said yes, and then they even sent the two young plants that I originally ordered! Can't beat that service- nice nice people. I ordered fuchsias and begonias and they are like shrubs! No little twigs here. Nicely packaged too. I do a lot of mail order and wish everyone did a job like this.
Positive krisvaz
Monterey Park, CA
February 2, 2012
I ordered the Mediterranean Spurge euphorbia which was hard to find in my local nurseries. I dealt with Ann, who is extremely helpful and gracious. My plants arrived well packaged and in great shape. Purchasing online is always a gamble, but this experience far exceeded my expectations! I will definitely be purchasing again.
Positive cwg512
San Antonio, TX
November 16, 2011
I am very new to the gardening experience. I am 58 years old and live in Texas in zone 8b. I joined DG last spring when I got in to Clematis and needed help and info. I saw some pics of Fuchsias on the site and fell in love. I called Fry Road nursery last week to ask questions since I know so little. Mainly, I am hoping I can grow them in San Antonio(this time of year should be fine-it is summer that will tell the tale). I spoke with Mark(the owner) and he was so patient with me and all my questions. He took the time to make recommendations based on my zone, and best placement etc. I ordered some Fuchsias(trailing) and they came right away. I cannot give enough praises about this company. The plants were affordable. The shipping was affordable and reasonable. The plants were AMAZING!!!...beautiful,healthy, green leaves-packed and wrapped to perfection. He also called to follow up and see if the order arrived and the condition of the plants. He then offered planting tips and encouraged me to call with any questions. I am truly impressed with everything about this company...their customer service, their quality, their efficiency.. I may never order from anyone else. I had ordered from another nursery for my first mail order experience(for Clematis) and was disgusted. Plants were outrageously expensive(25$) and came dried out, half dead(2 of the 4 died within the week) and they were tiny twigs with almost no leaves. Stick with Fry Road!!You will love them!!! The best of the best!! A+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Positive cfrei
Chino Valley, AZ
July 28, 2011
I ordered some hard to find plants and they arrived quickly. Customer service helped me with a problem and fixed it. so glad I kept emailing as my first got lost. Thanks Ann. . I AM VERY HAPPY with this company.
Positive sunsign5
Ipswich, MA
May 6, 2011
I got a nice healthy minature climbing rose. Well packed with no damage during shipping. Very pleased! And would buy from them again.
Positive AbbyRoberts
Albany, OR
March 13, 2011
I was looking for a 'Sum and Substance' hosta and learned from Dave's Garden that Fry Road Nursery not only had the plant, but was also in my town. While I was there, I was assisted by Mark, the owner. He was very helpful and spent alot of time with me. He didn't make me feel rushed or like he had better things to do. He helped me select several different types of gorgeous hardy fuschia for the specific needs of a north facing bed I was putting in. He even helped me carry my box to the car and gave me a baggy of his favorite fertilizer and a sample of slug and snail repellant to try out. There was an excellent selection of plants at this nursery and I was very impressed by the prices. I bought three types of fuschia (something they specialize in), two hostas, and two oxalis for just under $30.00. I am 100% satisfied with this company!
Positive ohbrowns
Warren, OH
February 13, 2011
Ann was a great help - gave me information and even vendor links to help me with a spider mite problem I have (not one of their plants, was a previous purchase elsewhere).
And she was also very helpful to me in placing an order with her company. Thanks, Ann!
Positive nullzero
Mission Viejo, CA
October 19, 2010
Purchased a Yacon plant. It arrived in great condition and in a fast manner. I would not hesitate making another purchase at Fry Road Nursery.
Positive EffieH
Amston, CT (Zone 6b)
May 6, 2010
Ordered a variegated kerria - they confirmed my order right away and it shipped really quickly. It was a little dried out when I received it, losing leaves like crazy, I probably should have ordered it a little earlier in the season as it was fully leafed out and in flower, but it was quite large and seems to be bouncing back well now. Very satisfied!
Neutral mrs_colla
Marin, CA (Zone 9b)
April 30, 2010
Posted on April 7, 2010, updated April 30, 2010
Posted on April 6, 2010, updated April 7, 2010
Posted on February 24, 2010, updated April 6, 2010
I got my plants, and they were packed poorly. The soil was completely out of the pots, and the plants were very dirty.
One plant was missing, so I called the owner. She answered the phone and was very friendly. She said the missing plant would be shipped and was going to be "on us". Only after I put down the phone did I realize that didn't make any sense; I already PAYED for that plant!
So, the plants that I did get are going to live, but it was a bit of a shock to receive them in such a disheveled mess.

On April 6th, 2010, mrs_colla added the following:

The one lemongrass that was sent to me didn't grow, it just sits there... No worse, but no better also...
I am still waiting for the second plant that I ordered and payed for... A month later.
On April 7th, 2010, mrs_colla added the following:

The money got refunded, thank you.
On April 30th, 2010, mrs_colla added the following:

The plant that was missing was sent too, thank you. It was packed much better than the first batch.
Positive cletustherooster
Tyner, NC
February 20, 2010
i purchased the yacon.excellent quality seedlings good price and fast shipping.thank you and looking forward to purchasing other plants from you.