The scoop on 'Backyard Berry Plants'

Backyard Berry Plants

3267 T.C. Steele Rd
Nashville, Indiana 47448 (United States)

Phone: 812-988-0579
Fax: none

Comments:

Positive JamesCE
Fayetteville, AR
August 28, 2014
Posted on August 15, 2014, updated August 28, 2014
I\'ve been putting in an edible landscape at my new house; this is the first time I\'ve done this type of gardening on this scale. As I learned more I came to realize that that local nursuries just don\'t have everything that I want/need. So, reluctantly, I placed my first on-line order earlier this year with an edible landscaping company that I won\'t mention. It was a very poor experience, with all of the alpine strawberries I had ordered being small unhealthy, about half dying within a few weeks. So I did some looking around, I found Dave\'s Garden and read the reviews. From there I found out about Backyard Berries and thought I\'d give it a try. I placed an order for four blueberries, which have not yet arrived (I\'ll post a review once they do) and sixteen alpines, which arrived today.

The plants were large, healthy and extremely well packed. The planting instructions were excepetional. Keith was excellent to work with - yesterday there was a problem with delivery, I had told Keith the address was wrong, not knowing the cause. He was very apologetic, offered to refund my money if the plants arrived dead, etc. Turns out it was my own mistake - I had made a typo when emailing him my address, which I discovered later. I\'m sure he was aware that it was my mistake, but he didn\'t act like it; he certainly epitomizes the notion \"the customer is always right\" (even when we\'re wrong). In any case, the delivery issue was resolved and my plants arrived looking great - much bigger and much healthier than any alpines I\'ve ordered on-line (this is my fourth go-round, given the ever-expanding size of my plantings and the high attrition rates on my previous orders from a different company). The packaging was far better than what I\'ve experienced on previous orders; one company put a bunch of clear packing tape over the leaves and crowns of my previous order, which played a large role in killing about half the order within a week. Keith\'s, conversely, had a nice spacing between the crowns and the tape, small enough to keep the soil in but far enough to keep from hurting the plants. It was obvious that a lot of care and dedication went into the packing - really first rate.

My interactions with Keith have been nothing but positive; he\'s very responsive, he\'s been very understanding when I\'ve been wishy washy about which cultivars I wanted (I\'m working with a small lot, so I tend to try to shoehorn big plants where I really need something smaller). I can\'t wait to see my blueberries - two Sunshine blues, one Bonus and one Chandler; I\'m sure they\'ll be excellent as well.

I highly recommend Backyard Berry Plants.
On August 28th, 2014, JamesCE added the following:

Update - I really wish I could put in two more positive reviews here as I've now received my second and third order from Backyard Berry Plants...

I received three Sunshine Blues, one Bonus, one Chandler and one Aurora. All six arrived in perfect condition, huge, healthy and ready for planting. The packaging was perfect; tremendous attention to detail. My order arrived in less than 48 hours after being shipped - I'm in order zone 2, which is intermediate for shipping time. Each plant was very well branched; beautiful! They're well worth the $35/plant they cost.

The customer service was first rate. I decided to add an extra two to this order at the last minute, which Keith accomadated. Given the short notice, he even mailed them to me before he had sent the invoice - really first rate customer service.

I plan to be a frequent customer - I'll be putting in a new hedge later this fall and a container garden in the spring. Keith at Backyard Berries has certainly earned my buisness - I can't recommend them enough.
Positive jgottshall
York, PA
July 30, 2014
I am fairly new to gardening and started gardening organically on a small scale. I ordered eight berry plants from Keith at Backyard Berry Plants about four years ago. They arrived as promised, packaged very well and looking very healthy. Since that time my husband and I have followed Keith's recommendations every step of the way from planting to fertilizing and mulching. His website is very helpful. Our little plants have grown into beautiful, full bushes, laden with blueberries. This year, about a week into the berry picking season, our bushes were attacked by Japanese Beetles. We tried to pick them off one by one but they came in such large numbers we lost control. We thought we had lost our harvest after only a week of picking. Since I was not interested in using any kind of chemical pesticides, I reached out to Keith by email for any advice he could offer. He promptly responded and offered me a solution which we tried the same day I received his response. Within a few days, we had regained control over our berries and the beetles had all but disappeared. Our yield this year (over double from last year) has surpassed our expectations. Our freezer is full and I am a happy customer.
Positive pamwalk
Silver Spring, MD
June 20, 2014
Keith provided accurate info and recommendations. Plants arrived packaged well and exceeded expectations. Already enjoying fruit. Planting guidelines greatly appreciated.
Positive g1powermac
Lawrenceburg, KY
June 13, 2014
I ordered 8 quart sized potted blueberry plants and all of them arrived in excellent condition. In fact, they are the best looking blueberry plants I ever ordered via mail order. They rival the local nursery offerings but are certified organic. I'll now get all my berry plants from Backyard Berry Plants.
Positive Boborama
Vandercook Lake, MI
May 9, 2014
I received very nice, well-branched, blueberry plants from Keith. Keith was very responsive to emails that I sent. He was very knowledgeable and you can tell that he is interested in educating his customers. It was an overall pleasure to do business with Keith.
Positive Kwarner
Circleville, OH
May 8, 2014
Keith was wonderful to work with. My blueberry plants arrived quickly and I was expecting them to be small. But they were 24-30" tall and so beautiful and healthy! One even had blooms on it! Plants were packaged very nicely. Wonderful company!
Positive WWang
Norwalk, CT
April 14, 2014
We received our 8 blueberry plants and could not be happier. They were packed nicely and arrived on time. I opened the boxes and found the most beautiful plants! Much bigger than what we expected and looked so healthy! In fact, one of them is blooming now in my yard (I just got it for 2 days)! I also ordered 8 strawberry plants, can't wait to get them!

Keith is so nice to work with. Not only he responded to my emails very quickly but he is also very helpful. He didn't have one of the blueberry plants I ordered and sent me another variety to substitute it. After I told him I didn't really want the variety he picked for me, he immediately offered to send me another one! What a nice person!

My husband normally againsts buying plants online because he doesn't believe the plants can be as healthy as the local nurseries. But after he saw Keith's plants, he told me that I should just order from him from now on... haha, I guess he was very impressed too.
Positive jongracewillie
Huntsdale, MO
October 4, 2013
Keith and company did a great job from start to finish. Answered my emailed questions immediately, shipped exactly when promised, plants arrived in perfect shape, and they were much bigger than we'd expected. Thank you!
Positive jwardie
Bettendorf, IA
May 9, 2013
I have purchased blueberry plants from three sources over the years and this year decided to go with Keith at Backyard Berry Plants.

I chose Keith because the level of detail that he provided about the various varieties he offers and his commitment to organic suggested he had a real passion for his plants and the business he has built.

I received the plants last week and planted them this past weekend. I was absolutely thrilled with the size and condition of the plants when I opened the box. They exceeded my already high expectations and confirmed my opinion that Keith is passionate about what he does.

I will definitely buy from Keith again as I continue to diversify and extend my blueberry grove in the future.
Positive tucker46060
Noblesville, IN
April 24, 2013
Posted on April 4, 2012, updated April 24, 2013
I just ordered a variety of brambles and blueberries from Keith. Since I am local, I drove down and picked up the plants.

I have to agree with everyone below - the plants are amazing, HUGE, and in great shape. Far far nicer than I had expected.

On top of that, Keith is a great guy, very personable, very knowledgeable, and took time out of his (very busy this time of year!) day to chat with me and answer a lot of questions.

I have nothing but positive things to say, and would not hesitate for a second to do business with him again (and will in the future).
On April 24th, 2013, tucker46060 added the following:

UPDATE 2013:

The plants I purchased from Keith have thrived. Less than one year after planting, I am going to have full cropping rows of all of the red and black raspberries and blackberries. I am amazed at how well these brambles have grown. I have potted up the blues, and the plants are thriving as well.

On top of that, Keith is a great guy and runs a top notch business. I'll be buying more as soon as I make space for more plants!!
Positive faithrm
Gloucester Courthouse, VA
April 18, 2013
I purchased 12 different varieties of blueberry cultivars from Backyard Berry Plants. I am an extremely satisfied customer because the plants I received are very healthy and already flowering. I am especially grateful that the company is organic. At my local garden store, there were only two varieties available, Jersey and Climax, they were not organic and they looked like twigs. Having the option of selecting multiple varieties will increase pollination rates and will extend the fruiting season.

The customer service for Backyard Berry Plants is outstanding! I emailed Keith numerous times and he always responded quickly usually within hours. I asked him very specific questions regarding planting depth, width, materials, fertilizer, etc. One of the blueberry cultivars I had picked, Keith emailed me saying that it would require extra watering in my zone 7b, but that is was an outstanding performer. I'm new to growing blueberries and asked him if he could please substitute with the Southern bush Sunshine Blue because it is more heat tolerant. Keith had no problems doing it and put up with my indecisiveness.

The company's website is simply honest about when the plants could be expected to produce blueberries - expect some next year and then more each increasing year. Honesty and integrity are important to me as a purchaser. There was no deceptions about how much fruit and when the plants could be expected to produce.

The plants were packaged securely and none were damaged during shipping. I give Backyard Berry Plants my highest recommendation and would gladly order from them in the future!
Positive jennifersoria
De Witt, MI
April 6, 2013
Helpful with plant selection and care...fast response to questions and ordering. Plants arrived beautifully wrapped and healthy. My raspberries are already producing and my blueberries are growing rapidly (and very healthy). Ordering again this year to fill my backyard with fruit...will continue to order for successive plantings of strawberries.
Positive addlestone
Forest Glen, MD
April 5, 2013
I have planted a lot of fruit trees and bushes over the years but the blueberries that I got from Keith at Backyard Berry Plants have been by far the most spectacular. You can tell as soon as you open the package that these plants got individual attention, in fact I would not be surprised if Keith had a name for each individual. The difference between these plants and typical ones you get at a typical nursery is that these look so healthy and vigorous. You can tell they are ready to be set in the ground and explode with production as opposed to most nursery plants that need to be coddled and look quite unpredictable and scared of their new home. These plants are very thrilled to be at their new space at our home. Thanks.
Positive BrisbaneAnne
Brisbane, CA (Zone 10b)
March 15, 2013
I got 2 dward blueberry and 4 alpine strawberry plants from Keith. I was so pleasantly surprised by how FABULOUS the blueberry plants look when they arrived. They are bigger than I thought and just very healthy looking. Keith along the way was very helpful with his advice on the selection and care of these plants. I was delighted to see some flowers on the Blue North already. Highly recommend this place! Thank you Keith!
Positive randy1971
Cottage Grove, WI
March 7, 2013
We are a certified organic greenhouse/farm located in Wisconsin. We were looking for some organic blueberry plants to add to our current vegetable, herb and flowers plant offerings. I found Backyard and they have been wonderful to work with. Keith is a wealth of information and very helpful. The plants came boxed and very secure. They were well wrapped, healthy, and looking great. They even added some extra labels so we can label each plant variety. I am looking forward to working with Keith and Backyard Berry Plants in the future. Thank you.
Positive bunnylove2780
West Babylon, NY
October 18, 2012
I ordered 2 of the Friendship Blueberry Plants from Keith at Backyard Berry Plants & I can't be happier! They arrived in AMAZING condition. They are beautiful plants. The colors on them during the fall are awesome! I just got them in the mail today Oct 18th 2012 & am VERY pleased with my purchase. Much bigger & better than expected!! High quality healthy plants!! I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Keith is very nice to deal with. Customer service is outstanding!! They go above & beyond. Even providing a tracking number so you can see where your plants are & when to expect them to arrive. I would DEFINITELY recommend this company to anyone who hasn't purchased from them before! You won't be disapointed! A+++ all the way!!!!!!
Positive blackrag
East Greenville, PA
May 7, 2012
Posted on April 21, 2012, updated May 7, 2012
Very impressed with my Blueberry plants when they arrived in PA. Better than I had hoped. Chandler, Bonus, Blue Moon, Patriot. packaged well. I have immediately ordered some Raspberry Plants. Keith communicates very well and was extremely helpful. The whole experience was great.
On May 7th, 2012, blackrag added the following:

After receiving the fine Blueberry plants, I immediately ordered some Blackhawk Raspberry plants. The experience was another "home run". Beautiful plants, packaged well, in great shape and size. I got what I paid for.
Positive Aaron_Illinois
Charleston, IL
May 2, 2012
I've purchased blueberry plants from a number of sources: local garden centers, mail order potted (Stark Bros) and bare-root (Miller Nurseries). Last fall, I found http://backyardberryplants.com/. At first I thought the prices seemed a little high, but I took a chance on 4 bushes, and I'm glad I did. As nice as the plants are, they were actually a bargain. When I opened the box, I was blown away by the quality of the plants. They were bigger and looked healthier than any I've ever purchased before. I planted them using the soil-less planting method described on his website (peat and pine bark). This spring, they were the first of my plants to leaf out, and they are BEAUTIFUL. There were lots of blossoms and I now have many little berries developing. My 3 year old son is thrilled at the prospect of picking blueberries in his own back yard.

On top of that, the customer service is as good as the plants. Keith is a pleasure to deal with, and the website is full of useful information. I don't know what more you could ask for. This is what America is all about - a local guy on a family farm (not a mega-corporation), incredible products, outstanding service, environmentally responsible, and a good price. I didn't know operations like this existed anymore.
Positive Dtcacc3
Head of the Harbor, NY
April 29, 2012
I am from New York and i ordered four blueberry plants from from Backyard Berry Plants and I could not be happier! They have the BEST customer service. When I first looked through their website, I was overwhelmed with the large variety of blueberry bushes. I spoke with Keith and he guided me to the plants that would work best in my area, with my skill level, etc. He was very patient with me and also very informative. he responded to all of my emails in an efficient manner, always responding back within the day I sent the email. Unfortunately, FedEx lost my package of blueberries I purchased. Before I called him I was very nervous that he would give me a hard time about sending a replacement ( I have had very bad customer service experiences with many companies) , however, he handled it in the PERFECT way. He was very understanding and professional, and he even shipped out my replacement order the very next day!! I received my four blueberry plants a couple of days ago and they are GORGEOUS. They look completely healthy and sturdy, and some of them have blueberries on them already!!

This is by far the best company I have ever dealt with. I highly recommend purchasing from them, I will definitely be purchasing from them in the future. Thank you Keith! Keep up the good work!
Positive Pitcom
Avondale, PA (Zone 6b)
April 21, 2012
If you are looking for a place that provides great customer service, then this is the place for you. Keith is very communicative, and offers a great deal of advice on the plants they sell. I was pleased with my order of blueberry bushes. I especially liked the Northland bushes that i received. The shipping/transit time was very quick and bush arrived with moist soil in the pots. I had ordered some black raspberry canes last year, and they are growing well for me. as well.
Positive tamarajk
Merrimac, VA
April 18, 2012
Big, beautiful healthy blueberry plants! I'm so pleased and impressed. Certified organic. I ordered blue moon and blue gold.

Keith is very responsive and helpful with e-mails questions.

Excellent mail order experience! Quality operation.
Positive kjr1978
Lebanon, IN
April 5, 2012
Wow! Beautiful big healthy blueberry plants. And certified organic. Hard to find varieties--I got 10 Blue Moon and 5 Hannah's Choice. Each plant was in a 2.5 to 3 gallon container, with a well-developed root system, several strong canes per plant. Over 3 feet tall plants (not including pot and roots). LOTS of blooms. I picked them up this week (first week in April). I had been e-mailing Keith with many questions all winter, before I even ordered, and he always responded quickly and helpfully. Above and beyond expectations, we are just thrilled. I will definitely be a repeat customer.
Positive TheExperimenter
Aragon, GA
April 5, 2012
The plants arrived today and they are absolutely beautiful. Huge blooms on all three, and berries already starting on two of them.

This was my first time ordering from Keith. I found him while doing a blueberry Google search and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I hate leaving any more of a footprint than I need to and therefore I had concerns about printing and mailing. I try to do all I can the green way, so I contacted Keith and he was very responsive; took my order by email and payment by PayPal - it couldn't have been easier!

I also found this site very helpful and easy to navigate. He has all the information about growing, fertilizing, and soil requirements right at your fingertips.
Positive amymsoh
October 10, 2011
Posted on December 13, 2010, updated October 10, 2011
I ordered two raspberry bushes from BBF and am very happy with them and the customer service I received. I ordered from another company earlier this year (Dimeo Farms) and had an EXTREMELY negative experience so I was hesitant to do mail order again (please read that review if Dimeo is on your shortlist), but I really wanted organic bushes. But I realized that someone in the Columbus area who I have worked with on a tree planting before posted a positive review so I decided to take the chance and am glad I did. The owner was very helpful in helping me decide which varieties to get, even tho I was only ordering two. He shipped it to me very quickly which I needed because I had left it to November to order, and needed to get them in the ground quickly. They came and the canes were about 2 1/2 feet tall with full leaves on them. SUCH a difference from the bare twigs I got from the other company. I only wish I had bought my blueberry bushes from BBF earlier.
On October 10th, 2011, amymsoh added the following:

I've had my two bushes for a year now and they are GREAT. I planted them in late November last year and I've had quite a few raspberries, not quite enough to make it out of the yard before I eat them, but still for the first year I'm very happy. I've since contacted the owner for answers to a couple questions about moving them again which he answered thoroughly. I will probably be getting a couple more plants because they are just so great.
Positive labfm1
Lake Villa, IL (Zone 5a)
October 5, 2011
Ordered 4 berry plants here about 1.5 weeks ago (2 blueberries + 2 blackberries). Ordering process was not as "quick" as we like it these days as it is a mail-in process, but it was completely worth it.

As the website states, they come in 2.5-3 gallon pots, but if you've ordered online before, you know that may not mean much.

However, I was completely blown away. Here are my takeaways...

(1) Keith is extremely responsive via email and responds rather quickly (< 6-8hours).

(2) Shipping was via FedEx, a tracking number was emailed to me, and shipping was fast (1 day from Bloomington, IN to Lake Villa, IL)

(3) Keith sent an email with care instructions on what to do when the plants arrived (unpacking them e.t.c).

(3) The plants were extremely well packed. No damage at all during shipment. No soil coming out of pots, no broken branches, no lost leaves. Perfect.

(4) THE PLANTS ARE HUGE. Let me say this again. THE PLANTS ARE HUGE. All plants came bushy and full of leaves. I will try to update this post with pictures, but in the meantime, I'll tell what I got:

- Navajo Blackberry : 2 canes growing off the main trunk. Canes were 3-4 FEET long. That's about 75% max height for this cultivar. Not very upright, but that is how young blackberries grow.
- Ouachita Blackerry : 1 canes growing off the main trunk. Cane was 4.5 FEET long. Again, 75% max height. Slightly more upright than Navajo, but again, these plants are only 2 years old and will become more upright next year.
- Friendship Blueberry : Numerous canes (>4) growing off the main trunk. Very upright structure. All canes 4.25 FEET tall. This is 90% max height.
- Polaris Blueberry : Numerous canes (>4) growing off the main trunk. Also very upright. All canes 3 FEET tall. At about it's max height.

As you can see, those are HUGE size plants. Not the scrawny small stuff you get from almost all other nurseries. I ordered a blueberry from another nursery last year and their "1 gallon" pot contained a 14" whip looking thing. For only a little less.

Furthermore, if those nurseries were selling these sizes, it'll be at least double the price.

(5) Care guide on his website is detailed and fantastic. I am following it exactly. Will report how things grow next year.

After receiving my stuff, I'm kinda disappointed that Keith doesn't have much more positive ratings here. I've order from over 14 different online nurseries and NONE come close to this.

Thanks Keith and I hope to pick up some raspberries in early spring 2012!
Positive SteveGubkin
May 25, 2011
Huge, beautiful, healthy plants!
Positive velvetnlace
Green Mountain, NC (Zone 5a)
April 25, 2011
These guys are GREAT! My plants shipped and arrived exactly as promised. AND what gorgeous plants they are. I will definitely go to these folks again. Thank you thank you. Kae in WNC
Positive magnaastra
Charleston, IL (Zone 6a)
April 9, 2011
I'm so glad I added these beautiful, healthy, huge berry plants to MY backyard. Yes, the prices are a little higher than some, but considering the incredible quality, and the selection of truly rare cultivars, these blueberries would be cheap at twice the price. I picked my order up (very accomodating person, is Keith), so I can't comment on the shipping, but I'm sure Keith does as great a job at that as he does raising berry plants. Would very definitely buy again.
Positive s7umks
Cabin John
United States
March 10, 2011
Plants came yesterday. Absolutely beautiful plants. The nicest blueberry plants I have purchased. Healthy looking with great looking stems. The color on the Blue Moon is a knockout. Geez who needs the berrys with a plant with winter color like that. Last year I paid a premium for 5 year plants from Willis Orchard and Keith's 1 gallon plants are so much nicer than the 5 years plants it is not even funny. I wish I had bought all my plants from BackYard Berrys. Just super quality plants I and I have purchased a lot of blueberry plants.

Positive krok
McKeesport, PA
June 19, 2010
These guys are great. They answer all of your questions within a day or two and they send you very healthy plants. I received 4 blueberry bushes all in great condition with unripe blueberries covering all of them (which we are now enjoying). I asked them if they could hold my order of raspberries until I could get a check to them for blackberries and they said it was not a problem. No online check out but they are the only nursery I've found that produces organic berry plants and their prices are very reasonable so I don't mind doing the whole mail-order thing.
Positive linjasar
Upper Saint Clair, PA (Zone 6a)
March 20, 2010
I was just checking their website to find out what I need to do with my berry plants this spring.

Last year I ordered red, yellow and purples rasberries, blackberries and blueberries. The beautiful plants arrived very well packed and the plants did very well last year. I even enjoyed many berries.

Keith is extremely willing to help. I also appreciate all of his organic growing instructions on the website.
Positive DahliaLady41
Waynesboro, VA
May 2, 2009
My two blueberry bushes arrived right on time, carefully packed and in great condition. They were well rooted and responded beautifully to being set out. These plants were well above average and well worth the premium price. The web site is very informative, Keith is most helpful, and the plants vigorous and healthy. If you are in the market for berries, this is the place to trade.
Positive rogerinsc
Greenville, SC
April 23, 2009
So I find this company that sells Blueberries on the net. I call them up and Keith (the proprietor) answers the phone. He talks to me for nearly 1/2 hour about the bushes I want to order and the way they will respond to the region I am in. I place the order for 6 bushes. Keith has already told me he would be waiting for them to bud before he would ship so it would be a few weeks. I prepare my soil (the way Keith suggested I should). Over the next weeks I email Keith to check on status. He responds to every email within 12 hours.

Then I received the bushes. The packaging is done very well. When I open the boxes the plants are strong and pruned to perfection AND they are getting ready to bloom.

My experience with Backyard Berry Plants has been nothing but perfect. My bushes are in the ground and doing great. I have no doubt that if I called the company with a problem I would receive nothing more than excellent customer service BUT I have a feeling I won't have any problem that would concern the bushes I received.

The one thing I could suggest to improve the customer experience would be an online payment system. Right now they don't have one. They also do not accept credit card so you need to send a check or money order to complete your order. This was a bit cumbersome for me as I am an online type of guy but not enough of an issue to stop me from talking my friends and family into buying from Keith when they need berries !

Thanks to Keith and his staff for being a solid and customer centric company!
Positive osogrande
North Brookfield, MA
April 17, 2009
I bought some hard to find very late yielding blueberries. At first I balked slightly at the price, but I should not have. The plants that were sent to me were in superb condition. Fully rooted (not the bare root results of last year's layering) with many healthy stalks and an excellent root system. I expect these to yield significantly and sooner than my purchases in the past from other vendors. So, they were well worth the slightly higher price to me. I should add that the supplier uses organic techniques, another plus in my book.
The owner is very communicative about your order -- you know exactly when you will receive it -- and he does his best to accomodate special requests (he was able to send my order early -- I am not sure he could do this every case, but I certainly found him helpful).
The plants were well protected for shipping. Excellent website, first rate products and operation!
Positive susanlweber
September 28, 2008
We ordered thornless blackberry plants from Backyard Berry Plants for a large project at a public elementary school here in the Columbus, Ohio area. This was a collaborative project with the also-wonderful Fruit Tree Planting Foundation; it took a lot of coordination, and Keith hung with us every step of the way!

We were on a very tight time deadline; Keith personally investigated cost-effective delivery options that would meet our last-minute time need as well. The plants arrived right on schedule, and we were shocked at how beautiful and amazingly full they were! Gorgeous plant material!

I'm a professional landscape designer, and have ordered fruiting plants from a huge diversity of resources over the years; I've never been more impressed with the quality of plant materials than I was with Backyard Berry Plants.

thanks, Keith! -Susan Weber, owner, Urban Wild
Positive cinwhite
Dayton, OH
July 9, 2008
I bought 1 Black Raspberry Plant and 1 Blackberry plant. Both arrived in excellent condition! It has been a couple of weeks now and both have new growth and are doing wonderfully. The Black Raspberry even arrived with some berries on it. Yum! I had some questions and all were answered in a timely manner. Very helpful! I plan on buying a couple of blueberry bushes in the future. Being organic is a huge plus!
Positive ginnydu
Lacon, IL
June 27, 2008
The two black raspberry plants I received from backyardberryplants.com were great. I didn't realize that a plant shipped in the mail could look so good on arrival. I am looking forward to ordering more items from them.

Positive bbpie
Smithfield, PA
May 9, 2008
The potted BEAUTIFUL Elizabeth blueberry bushes arrived in great condition and are now in my garden with over 100 blooms/berries per bush!
For years I searched for a blueberry variety that my parents would like, but usually they'd try a few berries then remind me how they hadn't grown up with blueberries so never acquired the taste. Then last year I left a bowl of Elizabeth's in their kitchen (thinking it was a terrible waste of the remainder of the best blueberries I'd ever eaten). The next morning my mother said, "Did anyone tell you about your blueberries?" I thought I was about to hear how they got knocked off the counter and thrown out, but she said no, that my father had come into the living room and said, "HAVE YOU TRIED THOSE BLUEBERRIES! YOU HAVE TO GO TRY THEM!" She said, "I couldn't leave them alone! I was trying to save them for Tom, but every time I walked by, I had to have more! He hardly got any. They were so good!"
It may have been the weather when they ripened - drier than usual and had hit the 90s (too much water makes fruit bland), or maybe it was the cross-pollination with the Legacy - but this year I bought two potted Elizabeth's from Backyard Berry Plants!
Elizabeths should produce about 12 qts per year (or was it 15?) for decades! Plus these are ORGANICALLY GROWN!