The scoop on 'Dangerous Plants Carnivorous Plant Specialists'

Dangerous Plants Carnivorous Plant Specialists

Falls Church, Virginia 22043 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

Comments:

Positive Equilibrium
May 6, 2005
Have to admit I keep coming back to this place to order year after year and this year I went back and placed three orders within weeks of each other. Tremendous selection of CPs. I have learned that he has many species available that are not listed on his website and all I need do if I am looking for something special is pick up the phone and call. If he's got it, he'll price it and ship it out to me. His plants are always healthy and disease free. No pearlwort, scale, or other nasties here. Sheesh, I don't even need to quarantine his plants they are always so clean.

I'd highly recommend this CP nursery for price as well as selection and availability. Plants I have been receiving are considerably larger than the plants he posts photos of at his website. Additionally, he packs very well and I never receive plants that are all beat up and in need of immediate TLC on this end the day I receive them. I must also admit that I really enjoy the personal handwritten notes attached to a plant every once in a while. Yes, he includes stakes with the binomial of the plant with every plant but the personal notes on caring for a special plant are very much appreciated as it takes time to write them.

Great CP nursery and I have no doubt I will be ordering from them for many years to come. I also very much appreciate the time he has spent with me sharing how to care for several odd ball species that I purchased. Cultural requirements are so important to successful growing and he has a good sense of humor and quick wit when relaying technical information. Everyone appreciates it when people spend time with them to better insure their success with growing "trickier" species. I most certainly do.