The scoop on 'Southern Tier Consulting'

Southern Tier Consulting

West Clarksville, New York 14786 (United States)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive Jsorens
Buffalo, NY (Zone 6a)
May 21, 2008
I'm going to rate my experience as positive, but there are some caveats and warnings for new buyers. I ordered a bunch of bareroot plants from them in March, and they were shipped in late April when the weather warmed up. However, the plants I received were not entirely the plants I ordered. Some of the plants I ordered were not included, and some species I did not order were included (I guess they made substitutions, but never told me). I received more plants of almost every species than I had ordered (not a problem to complain about, to be sure).

Then it was hard for me to pay them. They never contacted me about making a credit card payment, as they said they would, and eventually I had to e-mail them myself & arrange to pay them. I can't imagine they do very well for themselves if this is the way they usually do business.

Most of the plants I planted seem healthy, although a few have yet to break dormancy, 3 weeks after planting. Overall, though, I would probably order from them again, simply because their prices are so much better than any other place I've found. But if you order, just don't expect professional, businesslike service. It seems pretty chaotic over there.