The scoop on 'Southern Pine Perennials'

Southern Pine Perennials

770 Willie Clark Road
Pineville, Louisiana 71360 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Katz Kuntry Kuttins

Editor's Comment:
Closed April 2009.

Per a note from the owner, this business has closed. We wish them the best in their future endeavours.

Comments:

Positive Dedda
Petersburg, VA (Zone 7a)
April 22, 2009
Plants look sturdy and healthy, had only very, very minor shipping damage-to be expected.
I would however suggest a bit more of a cushion or a smaller box, as
the pots were emptied, they cracked or ripped and roots laid bare even with the plastic wrap. The plants shipped bare root fared much better( if that helps you decide on how to ship).
One minor issue: no tags/ identifier, but I only ordered 3 different plants(7 total) I could deduce who was who.
Again, happy with what I got,but it could be issues for the more finicky, picky, icky crowd.
LOVE the prices!
I would buy from SPP again!
Positive HRMSanny
Beaufort, SC
September 10, 2008
I ordered & received several plants (Lion's Ear; Clerodendrum Starburst. In spite of Louisanna preparing for Hurricane Gustav the professionals at Southern Pines Perennials quickly processed my order - now that is service!!!
Positive kjledesma
Fort Worth, TX
July 24, 2008
Got my loins ear they look great!!!!!!
Positive MagicsGarden
Phoenix, AZ (Zone 9b)
July 10, 2008
I ordered an Epiphyllum Plant from this seller just this past week and received it today in great shape and at least 2 ft. high! Really great service from this seller.
Positive nancybnt
Sulphur, LA
June 17, 2008
i order a bleeding heart, receive it the next day. very pretty plant. i am very happy with it. nancy benoit sulphur louisiana
Positive tdbask
Eustis, FL
June 4, 2008
We ordered Bleeding Hearts and Coral Honeysuckle which arrived very wilted. We poted the 2 smaller Bleeding hearts and they revived much quicker and are now sprouting new growth and blooms. The larger 2 were planted in the garden and received the same TLC as their potted cousins but didn't seem to repond as quickly. All bleeding hearts are doing fine but were a little iffy to start. The Honeysuckle was smaller than I had anticipated but it too has made a slow recovery and is now sporting new growth. We have since decided that our next order we will pot for a couple of months first.
Positive Saffy
Collinsville, MS
May 30, 2008
I recently ordered this plant from Southern Pines...I couldn't have packaged it better...I received the two plants I ordered very quickly and in great shape...These people know how to take care of plants, they were bigger & better than any plants/flowers I've ordered online ever...you order a 4' potted plant and you get one...I will be doing business with them again!..Thanks
On September 4th, 2008, Saffy added the following:

I've ordered several times from these people and have gotten good service each time...My shrimp plant is growing beautiful and my butterfly plant has finally bloomed...it's awesome!...I wish I could post a pic of the beautiful plants and shrubs I've bought from Southern Pine...my pink ice and yellow ice plants that just came in was well packaged and still moist...as with any new plants I baby them during the transition period but these I've not had to do anything except take the hanging baskets down during Gustuv...Thank you so much Southern Pines
Positive cathyschuh
La Crescent, MN
May 13, 2008
I ordered three shrimp plants and I am very pleased with them! When I unpacked them, they were in excellent condition. They arrived within a couple days of ordering them. The roots were moist, wrapped in newspaper and then in plastic, and no stems were broken. I immediately planted them and they are thriving! I have been unable to find them locally and was leary about ordering them online, but I am extremely satisfied, and will definitely order other plants from Southern Pine Perennials in the future. Thank you!
Positive BesEden
Bedford, PA
May 11, 2008
I'm saying the experience was positive because the plant arrived very healthy and in excellent condition with no broken leaves but there were two minor 'problems'. One was I thought too much dirt had fallen out of the pot during shipment and that could have been avoided by wrapping the pot in a baggie or plastic wrap. The other problem was there was a 'hitch-hiker' on one of the leaves. A spider had made a web on one of the leaves curling it so I snipped it off and disposed of it. The plant I purchased was a Gold Dust Plant and like I said, it did arrive in great shape and it seems happy where I planted it. So, since neither 'problem' seems to have bothered the plant, I didn't let them bother me and I would order again from this company!
Positive teresajan
Nacogdoches, TX
May 10, 2008
I ordered 2 passion vines in 4" pots that arrived in excellent condition and with a foot of growth on them. I was very pleased with both the plants and my contact with Kathy.