The scoop on 'Pleasants Valley Iris Farm'

Pleasants Valley Iris Farm

7317 Pleasants Valley Road
Vacaville, California 95688 (United States)

Phone: 707-451-3367

Comments:

Positive iowhen
Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a)
August 1, 2013
Rhizomes look healthy. One variety had very small fans, so they doubled my order. Communication was great, and I would definitely purchase from them again.
Positive Wisconsinbulb
Sun Prairie, WI
September 20, 2012
Frist time order from them, and it was a grab bag of iris,Nice size iris, would buy from them again customer service was nice, shipping was on time A+
Negative saltkreep
Vacaville, CA
April 19, 2012
I have been to this iris farm two years in a row... The first year I spent over $200.00.... I purchased potted plants and some to be shipped... The Whoop em up was the iris I most wanted... at that time the whoop em up had to be shipped.. when I received the order there was no whoop em up... I was sent substitutes ... none of those were what they were labled as... they were all peach in Color and very small... year two I again spent $150.00.... I did speak with the person in charge on the second trip... he did explain that sometimes that happens because we are a family run buisness... they promised to make it right... when I received my second shipment.... yup... no whoop em up... those plants are blooming at this time.... more peach blooms...
Positive williemays2000
Cazenovia, NY
January 3, 2012
I have bought several tall bearded iris from this nursery, they are all doing well and have flourished even though we get 15 ft. of snow every year up here in upstate New York.
I will be getting more and appreciate the great service I have gotten from Pleasant Valley Nursery.
Neutral Katlian
Carson City, NV (Zone 6b)
June 21, 2010
Posted on August 17, 2009, updated June 21, 2010
I ordered about 10 iris this summer and recieved them (plus a couple of bonus varieties) recently, after a nice email warning of their eminent arrival. The tubers were medium sized and healthy, all with one set of leaves and sometimes with additional buds. All tubers were clearly labeled. I have just planted them so I can't report on their growth yet
On June 21st, 2010, Katlian changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Of the ten varieties I ordered, three have not bloomed and one is definitely labeled wrong (should be white with purple markings and it's orange). The ones that bloomed are healthy and bore several flowers each.

Positive CrowMeris
Greene, NY
June 15, 2009
Last fall, I ordered six iris from this company. I received my order (plus a bonus iris) in time for fall planting; unfortunately, a family emergency called me out of town for nearly three weeks, and the iris sat unplanted (unpacked in a cool spot).

When I finally was able to plant them (mid-October in zone 4b), I resigned myself to losing most if not all of them. To my pleasant surprise, all of them survived! One is not showing any signs of blooming, but the plant itself is healthy.

I will certainly order from this company again.