The scoop on 'Bustani Plant Farm'

Bustani Plant Farm

1313 East 44th Ave
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74074 (United States)

Phone: 405-372-3379
Fax: 405-707-8697

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark August 2011,

According to their website, Bustani Plant Farm is no longer shipping plants. All orders must be picked up at the nursery,

Comments:

Positive sierra77
Cedar Valley, OK (Zone 6b)
August 22, 2012
Although Bustani Plant Farm (Stillwater, OK) doesn't ship plants anymore, I am fortunate to live only an hour away and we shopped there this spring after receiving their catalog. They have so many unusual plants that you won't find in most nurseries. They travel all over the world in search of plants. The perennial lantana we planted this spring has bloomed continuously since it was planted and has grown to about 2x3 feet, beautiful pink and yellow blooms. I planted a turkscap, pink 'Pam Puryear' and it bloomed early summer in full shade and seems very happy. Is about 18 inches tall now. Will be buying more plants from them next spring. The quality and prices can't be beat and they are super nice folks.
Positive Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY
June 19, 2011
Posted on November 27, 2009, updated June 19, 2011
First time ordering, but it won't be the last! Great plants!

I ordered 11 plants from this Spring from their great selection! I love the fact that they offer a lot of plants to attract Hummingbirds and Butterflies!

I just found out about them this Spring, wished it had been a lot sooner!

I can't wait to see what they're offering for 2010!
On June 19th, 2011, Marilynbeth added the following:

I've ordered twice from them and have been very happy both times!

Positive congminglaoshi
Tuckahoe, NY
May 5, 2011
Box came today, they have some really oddball things on their website that I wanted, so I took a chance on a place I didn't know anything about beforehand. Real glad I did, the plants were very well packed, and were frankly larger than I expected in many cases, some with flower buds present. The Hawaaian Artemesia is already an impressive looking plant right out of the box, I can't wait to see it develop even more over the summer. The plants I got today are among the very best I have ever gotten via mailorder. Prices are quite reasonable, especially in view of the quality and rarity of the plants they carry. An awesome operation, don't hesitate to order from them.
Positive reeve1
Plano, TX (Zone 8b)
April 26, 2011
Posted on April 26, 2011, updated April 26, 2011
Another great experience. Nice sized, healthy plants and great customer service. I mentioned that I had lost a Sparkling Burgundy Pineapple Lily that I had ordered from them last year. It died from my own carelessness and I was ordering another one. I was pleased when they selected one with 2 plants in the same pot to send to me and I was able to easily separated them into 2 plants. I sometimes have trouble with the bottomless pots they use and with the dirt falling out and filling my shoes whenever unpacking the plants (LOL), but you will not find any better sized or healthier plants from anyone else. I have ordered enough from them to say that they are pretty consistent in this regard. Every plant I have ordered from them (except the one I killed) continues to thrive and they just seem super healthy compared to others I've ordered and grown from other suppliers. You can order from them with complete confidence. I give them an A++
On April 26th, 2011, reeve1 added the following:

3 years of positive experience with them and it's only getting better! Thank you Steve and Ruth. Your caring, friendly and professional manner does not go unnoticed! May God continue to bless and care for you and your business.
Positive redheadcherokee
Little Rock, AR
June 23, 2010
We had a great experience with Bustani! The plants arrived in excellent condition and now, three months later, look wonderful. We plan on visiting the nursery as soon as possible and will definitely get more plants. They have a terrific selection.
Positive hawkeye_wx
Cedar Rapids, IA
May 24, 2010
Bustani is second to none. First, the plants are a good size and healthy. My cuphea 'David Verity' plants were loaded with branches and on the verge of blooming. Second, they are very well packaged. The pots are stuffed with wet shredded newspaper. It only took a couple days for the package to arrive, but the soil would likely still have been moist after a week. Third, the customer service is amazing. There was an issue at least a few of us were having with one of the plants. Some had their plant reach a point it may not recover from and my plant struggled a bit until beginning to show healthy growth this past week. In all cases Bustani both refunded the cost of the original plant AND sent even larger replacement plants free of charge. They obviously go above and beyond to please their customers.
Positive outdoorlover
Enid, OK (Zone 7a)
December 9, 2009
I have dealt with this company and Steve for a number of years. He is an expert in every sense of the word. We have even taken a tour of his plant farm (and ended up buying lots of plants)! He conducts himself and his business in a professional manner, and is frequently a speaker throughout the state of Oklahoma on many topics, including Native Plants. I will continue to buy plants from Bustani Plant Farm whenever possible.
Positive zdufran
Norman, OK (Zone 7a)
September 4, 2009
I visited Bustani Plant Farm in person after stumbling across their website. I was very excited about their selection of plants and was not disappointed. In fact, the plants were much larger than I had expected for the prices that were being charged.

All of my plants were very healthy and have grown beautifully this summer.
Positive penpen
North Tonawanda, NY (Zone 6a)
April 30, 2009
Steve and Ruth get a triple A+ from me. I didn't even need any plants but I just couldn't resist a few new selections that they were offering that I have not seen anywhere else. My plants arrived in perfect condition and like Susan Louise stated many were blooming and as large as some that I purchase at local nurseries. They have a wonderful selection of hummingbird and butterfly plants. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
Positive SusanLouise
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5b)
April 29, 2009
The owners Steve and Ruth were very accomidating and helpful when placing my order. I wish I could post pics of the fabulus plants I just received...they were beautiful and 1/2 of them were in bloom. the care of packaging was perfect and there was no damage. I recommend this company highly!!! I plan on becoming a regular customer...
Positive Jewelweed
Arlington, TN
May 7, 2008
Received large and healthy plants by FedEx on 4/30/08, Was emailed tracking number beforehand so I could monitor the shipment. Plants were shipped on the date I requested. Owner was quick to respond to questions by email. Will definitely be ordering from them again!