The scoop on 'Daylilies By The Pond'

Daylilies By The Pond

781 State Route 61 E.
Norwalk, Ohio 44857 (United States)

Comments:

Positive CottageKat
Putnam, CT (Zone 5a)
August 9, 2014
I received my order of 13 daylilies from this company this week and was very pleased. Every plant looked healthy with great roots. Most had two fans, some were three or four. Will be the first I go when I want more daylilies.
Positive virginiarose
Southeast, VA (Zone 8a)
September 27, 2012
Posted on September 8, 2012, updated September 27, 2012
I got my first order from Sara and I was very happy. I got a shipping confirmation and the box came right on time, the packing was great and the plants were big and healthy.
I have spent time on the website, and she has some great ones! Real good selection, and I will be going back for more real soon. I would like to recommend Sara to everyone looking for some quality daylilies at decent prices.
On September 27th, 2012, virginiarose added the following:

Another great box of Daylilies. Great bloomers for a great price and these fans are huge!
Positive susansconi
Rumford, RI (Zone 5b)
August 10, 2012
I've ordered daylilies from Sara two times over the past year and have been extremely happy with the plants I received. She is a wonderful person to work with and very helpful. The fans were all very healthy, large, and mature. With both orders, she mostly sent more than double fans, and did so even with the newer, more expensive daylilies! The daylily prices are also very reasonable with most being lower than other online stores.
Daylilies By The Pond went above and beyond as far as customer service goes. My last order was placed in the fall for a daylily to be shipped in the spring, and she asked if I wanted to wait till spring for her to send payment but I chose to pay when ordering, and Sara ended up refunding me the difference between the price paid & the reduced spring price(all without being asked). With that, quick responses to emails, the wonderful plants I received in a timely manner and well packaged, and Sara's bright & cheerful self has made D.B.T.P. one of my favorite places to order daylilies!
Positive swampchic
TROUT, LA
June 15, 2012
Wow, I just received 1 of 3 orders and am absolutely thrilled! The prices were good and I didn't see where it was mentioned the size of the plants. So I ordered with the thought in mind that they could be single fans. But given how generous they are the prices are amazing!! I live in central Louisiana so our growing season is very long. 3 of the plants have bud stalks so naturally I planted those 1st. I ordered 3 bearded Iris and 8 daylilies on this order. I received 2 bonus Iris and a lot of bonus daylilies. I have 11 large gardens and am still in the process of creating 3 more so I was excited to get so many extra plants to spread around.

Daylilies By The Pond - Thank you so very much! You have won a customer for life! Rena' from Trout, Louisiana
Positive BoPo
Milwaukee, WI (Zone 5b)
September 22, 2011
First time order. Placed an order for a hosta I couldn't find anywhere else. Sara was great at answering my questions and communicating with me about what I should expect to receive.

Plants were shipped priority mail, packaged well.

Shipment also included a bonus hosta...spectacular!

Would definitely order from Sara again. Smooth transaction.
Positive daylilys1575
New Philadelphia, OH
May 9, 2011
Posted on April 21, 2011, updated May 9, 2011
I first heard about Sara from a man at our, local Lowe's store! From there it was nothing short of a wonderful time dealing with Sara. This is my second season buying from her and can't be more pleased!!
We have been e-mailing back and forth and she always makes you feel like her friend and so helpful. Her plants are big and the roots are fantastic everyone I got last year produce wonderful flowers, and this year they have grown so many new fans wow!!!!! Now I"m waiting for my new daylilys to arrive!! Try her you won't be sorry Sara is one sweet lady!!!
On May 9th, 2011, daylilys1575 added the following:

I received my order from Sara last week!! As like before they arrived in wonderful shape and healthly!!! The roots wow!!!
What a great lady to deal with her e-mails are always fun to read.
Can't wait to see these new lilies this summer my beds are over flowing with all her truly amazing lilies!!! Sara thank you again for all you do for you customers.
What are you waiting for try her you will be back for more and more!!!!!
Positive celestialrose
Belmont, NH (Zone 4b)
May 5, 2011
I just got in from planting the wonderful daylilies that Sara sent, which arrived today, and hurried to post my comments here.
Sara was delightful to do business with and we chatted by email over the long, cold winter. I had placed my order early and it seemed like it would never be spring.....but at last it is
and my lilies are nestled snug in their beds! This was my first order with Sara but there will be many more. Her prices are so reasonable that it makes it easy to keep adding more & more lilies to the order....LOL. They arrived quickly and packaged perfectly, each labeled. All were green and healthy looking.

I highly recommend her to anyone who loves daylilies.
Positive gladgrammy
Saint Paris, OH
October 20, 2010
This was my first year to order from Sara and the experience was so fantastic that I made a second order later this summer. She actually corresponded with me via e-mail and made lists and helpful comments when asked about favorite orange daylilies, hostas, etc.!!! Her prices are very reasonable and the plants are healthy and took right off for me. Oh yeah! I will definitely be ordering from Sara again!
Positive iowamomof3
Oskaloosa, IA (Zone 5a)
June 27, 2010
Posted on July 14, 2009, updated June 27, 2010
Wonderful to do business with, easy to talk to and ask questions. Replys quickly. Would and will do business with Sara again.
On June 27th, 2010, iowamomof3 added the following:

This is the second year I have ordered plants from Sara. A delight to deal with, love getting emails from her. Great sense of humor. Great plants, would do buisness with again.
Positive joannjoann
Riverside, NJ
May 13, 2010
Posted on June 14, 2008, updated May 13, 2010
One of the best experiences I have had yet regarding buying plants. Sara is a joy!!!! Her emails are a riot. The prices and quality are excellent. Highly recommend. My daylily fans are huge!!! Shipping prices are very fair. One can't go wrong when ordering from this family. I will do so again and again.
On May 14th, 2009, joannjoann added the following:

Another year of wonderful daylilies from Sara and Dave!!!!! I can't say enough about Sara. Check out her creations when viewing their site!!! Beautiful, just beautiful. I have made a friend with Sara. She is one special person. You will not be disappointed when ordering from this family.
On May 13th, 2010, joannjoann added the following:

Can't say enough about Sara. Wonderful, special person. She and Dave's plants are beautiful. Very healthy root systems. I can't believe the size of my plants that were purchased last year!!!!! Prices are more than reasonable. Stock is the best.....but, the "best" part is getting to know Sara. Truly a gem who takes great pride in her gardens and her family. Don't pass up the opportunity in getting to know her. You won't be dissapointed.
Positive TroubleX2
Montgomery, TX (Zone 9a)
April 30, 2010
Sara is a jewel. Great communication. Ships promptly. Packages are packed carefully. Fans are wonderful. Sends more than you order. Thanks Sara!
Positive cicada
Brownsville, KY (Zone 6a)
April 28, 2010
I received my first time order from Sara today. Fans were large, healthy, and carefully packaged. Multiple fans and some clumps were sent. Great communication and prompt shipping.
Positive Joy
Kalama, WA (Zone 8b)
October 9, 2009
I ordered from Sara for the first time this past spring. It won't be the last. I paid very reasonable prices for double fans, but got clumps. She even sent me 2 bonus plants and they were clumps too. They've settled in quickly and most even bloomed their first summer here. Daylilies By The Pond is now one of my favorite daylily sellers.

Joy
Positive dixiedumplin
Riceville, TN
September 1, 2009
I'm so glad my Internet search for a specific daylily took me to Sara's website. It's refreshing to have a daylily seller take interest in your order and communicate so well. I've found that's not the norm for some sellers. I recommend her highly.
Positive Gardenweed
Somers, CT
August 15, 2009
They should add "Excellent" to the list of choices for rating Daylilies By The Pond. Wonderful selection, great (reasonable) prices, shipping so fast I'd barely made payment and daylilies were on my doorstep. Sara sends beautiful, healthy, HUGE clumps, all carefully wrapped & labeled. This was my first order--doubt it will be my last. Thanks, Sara!
Positive skimper
Greenwich, OH
July 31, 2009
Sara sells wonderful! healthy plants.
Friendly and Great! Service!
I live close by to Sara and highly recommend.
This is the second year,purchasing daylilies from Sara.
I have been pleased! with my daylilies.
Karla

Positive tepelus
Nashville, MI (Zone 6a)
June 20, 2009
I'm lucky to not only have found Sara while doing a search on the net for a specific daylily last year, but to live only 30 miles away from her beautiful home. I've had the pleasure to visit her gardens twice, last year and this year, and when daylily season comes to peak here in Ohio, I plan to visit again, to see all of her beautiful flowers blooming. Sara is a great person, funny and full of information. Her plants are healthy and true to name, she often gives you clumps when she can, and her prices are great. I have no need to have them shipped to me, since I live so close, but from her website her shipping costs are a great deal. And, she cares a lot about her customers. I recommend Sara 100%! When you buy from her, you won't be disappointed.
Positive Mainiac
Poland, ME
June 18, 2009
I just received my plants from Sara and they were wonderful! Fresh and green! Generous divisions! Sara is a great resource for daylilies. Never hesitate to order from her! Lots of personal attention and a great sense of humor!
Positive ncblackmon
Clinton, SC
May 28, 2009
I ordered from daylilies by the pond last year and will order again this year. Plants were healthly with good size double and triple clumps. Most of the plants I ordered were available. For the one plant not availabe and the one that was only available in a small clump, they sent substitute plants from the list of substitute plants I listed on my order. They emailed to let me know order was on its way. Friendly, nice people to do business with.
Positive TickiSox
Lowndesboro, AL (Zone 8a)
April 29, 2009
I have been a long time customer/friend of Sara's for several yrs. She sends great daylilies and is always a great person to deal with. Her Ohio raised plants already have some nice size on them considering it's just the end of April. Not only offers daylilies but iris and hostas too. One stop shopping, it can't be beat!
Kabby
Positive LaLambchop
Chapin, SC (Zone 7b)
October 2, 2008
I've just completed a trade with Sara. I hope it will be the first of many. The plants are huge and gorgeous. She is really fun to deal with and a super provider of quality daylilies. Though I live in Florida I will be ordering from Sara in Ohio in the future. Her prices and shipping are very reasonable and the plants top notch. Another DG friend recommended Daylilies by the Pond. I'll do the same. Just Awesome!!!
Positive Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH (Zone 5b)
September 10, 2008
All I can say is wow! Reasonable shipping. FAST shipping! I ordered double fans and I got clumps! I only ordered three daylily cultivars and I had to get a 5 gal bucket to fit them and tons of water to cover the huge roots! Did I mention that her prices were extremely reasonable? I am beyond pleased and will definately check here first whenever I am looking for daylilies!
Positive TuddyE
Georgetown, KY (Zone 6a)
August 20, 2008
Can't wait to order more from Sara. She's a very nice person, who just happens to be selling wonderful plants. I loved the daylilies I got from her, but the hostas were REALLY outstanding. When my hubby helped unpack my order he acted upset. Not knowing why, I asked. The answer was he thought I had paid a lot more for them than I had. When I showed him he bargin prices, he was as thrilled as I was. I plan on ordering all I can afford next spring, and I am certain I will be just as happy
Positive nascarfan8
Queensbury, NY
July 6, 2008
Sara is the nicest person to deal with and her plants are beyond generous in size. I was thrilled with my order and the service I received was excellent. Definately cannot wait until next year to place another order.
Positive frmdeath2life
Friedensburg, PA
May 20, 2008
After experiencing that some of those gorgeous Southern Daylilies don't like Pa. winters, I began looking for some Northern growers. I found a gem when I discovered Sara from Daylilies By The Pond! Sara has a huge and continually growing inventory of Hosta's; Daylilies and Iris. No big business price gouging here. GENEROUS sized healthy plants with a special interest in friendly customer service. In a word, Delightful!! Can't wait to order more!
Terry S.