The scoop on 'Dragonfly Aquatics'

Dragonfly Aquatics

Ravenna Ave. NE
East Canton, Ohio 44730 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-488-2973

Comments:

Neutral cfranso
Oklahoma City, OK
July 5, 2014
I placed my order on June 8th and it was delivered July 2nd. The quality of the plants I received was good. My only complaint with this company is the lack of communication. I sent an inquiry on June 18th with no response and again about a week later. I had no idea when to expect my shipment until I received the shipment notification on June 30th. I don't know if 3+ weeks is the norm for shipping for this company or any other that ships pond plants but even a short email to give the status of my order would have been nice. On the whole though, I have no complaints about the plants I received.
Negative AvaE
Paradise Valley, AZ
June 2, 2013
I will NEVER order from this company again!!!! I spent a lot of money for plants that died and they would not replace them nor give me my money back!!!!! Not very impressed with their phone service. The water Lillie's were expensive and when I received them, I only got the roots! The snails were all dead and the oxygunators were all slimy.... Never again. Bad business!!!!
Negative goneferal
Boise, ID
April 12, 2013
This company was prompt and I did appear to not order a plant I thought I had, but the follow up emails weren't very helpful and I ended up receiving some of the wrong plants. They were very small. No big deal, I potted them and put them in my pond container. The problem was that I lost a bunch of fish to ich that had to have come from those plants. All my other plants had overwintered in the container and the fish had been in there for over a few weeks, just fine. I treated the whole thing with ich tabs and saved some of the fish.I just don't think I'll order from them again. I later found William Tricker and they did a great job.
Neutral Toddott
Kentwood, MI (Zone 5b)
August 12, 2012
Not impressed with Dragonfly aquatics. Ordered Anacharis, Blue Lobelia, Sensitive Plant and an Iris. One person commented that their plants with lush and full. Mine were anything but that. The Anacharis was full and healthy. But the others were not. They were pale, limp, single growth stalks in 2 inch pots. Not worth the $6 plus that I paid for them. I trimmed them and hardened them off before placing them in my pond? Although I'm certain they will survive, I'll have to wait until next year to see anything worth looking at. Shipping charges were average and communication was good (send order and shipping information by email).
Other aquatic stores have much nicer plants for the same price or less.
Positive tomlwaters
Santa Fe, NM
August 5, 2011
Very prompt shipping; nice healthy plants. Would order from them again.
Neutral arleene
Woodstock, GA (Zone 7b)
July 26, 2010
Posted on July 9, 2010, updated July 26, 2010
I wish I could give a positive feedback on my most recent order. The lotus and water lilies arrived promptly and in excellent condition. But I also ordered a large number of bog plants, all of which were completely infested with duckweed. I am having to go through extra steps of cleansing before I dare put these plants into my pond environment. I am disappointed that Dragonfly would permit such a level of infestation in their growing ponds, and would further knowingly send out plants that would cause a severe infestation of this highly invasive plant in my clean, natural pond.
On July 26th, 2010, arleene changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Well, the blue lobelia didn't make it - they rotted away while I was trying to rid them of the duckweed . The water hibiscus and cardinal flower are still in good shape and now rid of the duckweed, so they have been planted in my pond. I requested a refund from Dragonfly Aquatics for the lobelia, and they responded very quickly to inform me that my card has been credited. I will change my rating from a negative to a neutral, but I stand by my comment that they should never have shipped a product so badly infested.
Positive tesslynn
Colorado Springs, CO
June 29, 2010
I ordered floating plants and bog plants...prompt delivery, excellent plants. They were BIG, healthy and lush. They have been hailed on, blown over in fierce winds, even withstood a freak cold snap. And they are doing splendidly and look gorgeous. I would definitely recommend their quality and service and plan to order again!
Positive silkroad
Lady's Island, SC (Zone 9a)
June 17, 2010
I called to find out if it was too late in the season to ship water lotus......they said could ship through mid June. Ordered that day and two days later (even tho I requested only ground shipment), I received my two lotus. Both plants were large, healthy tubers with two to three growing points. She said I should float them in my pond for a few days...even a couple of weeks. It has been so hot down here that two weeks later, I still haven't potted them, and they each have several leaves!! What a professional company! Recommend highly.
Positive plumsugar
Newport News, VA (Zone 7b)
August 11, 2009
Been involved with water gardening for 15 years and this company managed to impress me with the size and quality of the plants they shipped out. Can't say I've ever received nicer plants.
Well packaged, shipped quickly, and even have fantastic customer service for the little mishaps. Will be ordering from them again....
Positive hypertuffalady
Columbia, MO
April 28, 2009
I ordered an assortment of hardy lilies and a Chawan Basu lotus. The lilies were very healthy and the lotus tuber had three leaves ready to open. They shipped well and one lily had a flower already popping up. I will use them again. Very happy.
Positive 2ndopp
Flagstaff, AZ
October 18, 2008
Placed my order on a friday for snails and a few plants. It was shipped monday and arrived in Arizona wednesday. Plants and snails arrived in great condition. They even replied within the same day to some questions I emailed. I'll most likely use them again in the future.