The scoop on 'Direct Seed'

Direct Seed

3303 Harbor Blvd. Ste. E-7
Costa Mesa, California 92626 (United States)

Company Comment, posted on August 25, 2005:
From their website

Direct Seed Co. has suspended sales, so we can move our facility from California to Tennessee. All orders already placed will be filled as soon as humanly possible.

Comments:

Positive pixie000
Dade City, FL (Zone 9a)
April 15, 2004
I recently ordered 5 varieties of Passiflora from this vendor. I felt delivery was very quick and my order was filled accurately. I'll do business again with Direct Seeds
Positive Ramnyc
New York, NY
March 5, 2004
Do NOT confuse Direct Seed with Direct Gardening. Direct Seed is a small operation specializing in Passifloras and other seeds. Their website is basic and ordering made complicated since they do not have on-line ordering nor do they accept credit cards. That said, their selection of Passion Flower Vines is excellent and they quickly sent the seeds that I had ordered (minus two that are out of stock and backordered). I hope their germination rates are as good as promised...will add more when I have news to report.

When D.S. adds on-line ordering, instanteous in-stock information, and credit card purchases, they will be among the best suppliers of Passiflora seeds.
Positive fruittree
May 3, 2003
my first time also to order from direct seeds .my first order is always small till i see how reliable the company is .i learned my lesson by getting ripped off by seeds express. direct seeds sent my order in just a couple days ...i will be sending another order soon ... fruittree micco fla...
Positive FlowerDiva
Raleigh, NC
April 11, 2003
This is my first experience ordering from Direct Seed. I purchased Clitoria Ternatea double blue and double white seeds and Passiflora Gracilis seeds in March 2003. The Ternatea's sprouted OVERNIGHT! Out of 30 seeds, 15 germinated, and are now very healthy seedlings. I am still waiting for the Passiflora........which could take several months to germinate. The Direct Seed website has wonderful varieties and descriptions of Passion Flowers, as well as Brugmansia. Though you can see what they have available online, you must mail in your order with a check--which was a slight inconvenience. The quality and unusual selection was well worth it, though! The seeds arrived quickly and were very fresh. I shall definately order from Direct Seed again!