The scoop on 'Merrymeeting Daylilies'

Merrymeeting Daylilies

80 Old Rt. 11
New Durham, New Hampshire 03855 (United States)

Negative gardengrub
Alton, NH
July 30, 2015
I arrived at an open house to find beautiful daylillies everywhere. I met the owner "Les" and he was super friendly. I asked how it worked and pricing...he told me to look around and write down what I want.he said he would dig them up for me.I finally narrowed it down and chose 4 lillies at $15.00 per. he said he was too tired to dig them up today so I gave him my phone# and said to let me know when they were ready as I lived close by. He called me 3 days later and I drove to pick them up.When I arrived,I inspected the products and tho they were kinda skimpy looking,I was still ready to buy them.1 of the small clumps had all the fan leafs off...I asked him why he cut them as I was anxious to plant them and enjoy their beauty. The plants had many blooms unopened. He instantly turned into the biggest,arrogant ass, I ever met+ proceeded to cut me down+ tell me that I knew nothing about daylilies+ that I was suppose to cut them down before planting + I would kill them... I tried to explane that I don't cut them till they are done blooming,when I buy something from any garden center,I plant+water.He made a comment about the big box stores that I must shop at? Why would I buy a plant to only cut it down+wait a whole year to see it's beauty ?I asked him to please dig me up another one+he refused+ told me that will be $60.00! I find it odd that he would do that to only one clump. I feel he was trying to give me a plant that was not up to par+ it was no way to run a business.I was brought up better than that...I was totally appalled at his arrogance,ignorance,attitude+language toward me. I put my money back in my wallet,appologized for wasting his time+ proceeded to leave,without daylillies.He kept shouting at me+ told me never to come back to his property+ don't send any of my friends here.So needless to say ,in person he is the meanest old man I have ever met. The experience was not a pleasant one + I recommend that people avoid the frustration+boycott his establishment.He knows nothing about my skills as a gardener,I have some of the lovliest gardens in town,where I live.How RUDE +assuming!A regular doctor Jeckyl+Mr. Hyde! Don't waste your time!
Positive UNH12345
Rochester, NH
May 12, 2015
Excedlant Customer Service and very informative! Beautiful Flowers
Positive Bamagirltee
Headland, AL (Zone 8a)
September 19, 2009
I ordered hosta from Les for the first time. The box arrived yesterday. They were so huge that he had to tape two large priority mail boxes together! Huge lovely clumps. I also ordered one daylily from him. It was also a very nice clump. Nice bonus too!
Highly recommend this seller! Tee
Positive Moonbeam321
Westford, MA
January 7, 2009
Have visited Merrymeeting several times and had great eperiences. Les Turner is the owner and very knowledgable and enthusiastic on the subject of daylilies. Great selection of cultivars and very healthy plants. Les always gives generous bonus plants which I appreciate! Plan to do business with him again in 2009!